Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally getting Leather seats....Man I've been wanting this forever........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    So much work to get done now. (1) Paint and Install BR9 Brakes.... (2) Install 2016 steering wheel.... (3) Install new Leather seats (4).... Install new Radio Headunit.... (5) Bolt on New wickerbill....(6) Working Custom matching floor mats for shows

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    So how are you going to hook up the steering wheel controls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    So how are you going to hook up the steering wheel controls?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not going to for now. I don't have SWC now anyway. Not worried about it. I just want an updated look and feel. Tried of the Mini van Wheel. When I do my Engine/tranny swap.. I'll hook up the Paddle Shifters.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Metal prep and Caliper Paint from POR-15. Also got a bottle of the Boss Gloss to try out............................................... .................................................. ................................

Post Thanks / Like
    New pedals installed......................................... .................................................. .................................................. ............

Post Thanks / Like
    Playing around with Steering wheel badge ideas............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    Playing around with Steering wheel badge ideas............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...
    As much as I respect the police , and have a ton of friends who are Leo ‘s, I can’t get on board with anything other than red, white and blue for our American flag.

16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes Rhino-1, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    As much as I respect the police , and have a ton of friends who are Leo ‘s, I can’t get on board with anything other than red, white and blue for our American flag.

I understand what you mean. As long as the Flag is never flown above or over the Ol'Glory. It's not made to replace the flag.
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes kwkride liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

"THRESHER" Build...2010 Charger Makeover

New steering wheel is tempting... probably the only thing that irks me in my Charger has got to be the dated steering wheel... hmm now only if I could figure out how to get cruise control and steering wheel controls to function the same..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by PurpleRT; 07-12-2019 at 03:16 AM.
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRT View Post
    New steering wheel is tempting... probably the only thing that irks me in my Charger has got to be the dated steering wheel... hmm now only if I could figure out how to get cruise control and steering wheel controls to function the same..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It's doable... I can get the Cruise Control to work. I personal won't be able to get the left side to work. I didn't start with any factory SWC's.

There is 3 ways for the Cruise to work on the New Wheel

1.) Mold in the Gen1 Controls into the Gen3 Wheel. Some Sanding, Gluing, Filler and Painting/Vinyl wrap.

2.) Use the Factory Damper Weight from the Gen3. Remove the Weight off it's mount. Modify that Mount to bolt up your Factory Cruise Lever (09-10). In the Bottom of the Gen3 Wheel is a good amount of space. You can mount it there and have it stick out at about 4 O'clock. You will have to cut a Hole in the side of the Wheel.

3.) The last way I know of is to Map out both Cruise Control Boards. What I mean by this is to get a Multi-meter and test the boards while using the functions. Find which button on the board does what. Once you have that figured out. You open up and remove the Board from the Lever. Run Jumper Wires from it to the New Board. Then wrap the old board up well with Tape and place in the bottom of the wheel in that cavity.

I don't know if this will work yet. Both Boards have 3 wires going to them for their Function. The Gen3 wheel as a 4th, but it's for lighting. The Gen1 has a Ground, S/C Signal 1, S/C Signal 2. Now on the Gen3 it only says Ground, Fused + and LIN BUS. Not sure if S/C Signal can be wired into the Fused + and LINE BUS? I'm search this link Mopar Connection Repair Kit on the 2016 trying to find a S/C Signal connection. But no luck yet.
    Last edited by run2jeepn; 07-12-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote a "How to" for the Steering wheel Swap SteeringWheel

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast