Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfish340 View Post
    it just isn't capable, as delivered, to do what is being advertised here.
    If you hate it so much, and paid with Paypal, open up a case. The guy HAS to contact you then. And if he doesn't you get your money back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what I'm hearing.

As I stated many times over, it does do many things, it just isn't capable, as delivered, to do what is being advertised here.
    I'll even say, there is a chance you can just throw in a cluster, and the correct steering wheel, and it may fuction without this program,
    My experience, throw in the steering wheel switches and nothing will happen and you'll lose your horn without programming. The EVIC cluster will light up and respond to most inputs but so did the one you replaced it with so for the EVIC to work you need the switches and for the switches to work you need the APPcar programming. Even if you could get a dealer to do the programming, they wouldn't do it for $50. For my use, the APPcar is very capable and well worth the investment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    My experience, throw in the steering wheel switches and nothing will happen and you'll lose your horn without programming. The EVIC cluster will light up and respond to most inputs but so did the one you replaced it with so for the EVIC to work you need the switches and for the switches to work you need the APPcar programming. Even if you could get a dealer to do the programming, they wouldn't do it for $50. For my use, the APPcar is very capable and well worth the investment.
    I don't know why I keep debating this, but it has something to do with each individual vehicle. The thing you said, was, "Your experience..."
    When I did this job. First I just installed the steering wheel switches. At this time the battery was unplugged for an hour to remove and install the airbag in the center of the wheel. The switches didn't work, and neither did the horn. Than I did the job over using a 300 wheel with the faux wood grain. Reinstalled the airbag, connected the battery, and the horn worked again. At this point my plan was to leave the dead switches until, I found time to install the cluster. (I had no idea the cluster was so easy to swap.) Than I got the Appcar program to turn on the engine temp, and oil press. For the CCN, the program only clue that it recognizes the new 07 cluster is it showed something like 352100km = 218K on the odometer. The old one is just over 100K. No optional EVIC recognized in the list of programmable parameters. I've updated to 1.61 Appcar, and contacted the 5 times this month no go.
    Got to go sell a 75 Duster, seeya.

Post Thanks / Like

Amusing in a way.

I don't know why I keep debating this, but it has something to do with each individual vehicle. The thing you said, was, "Your experience..."
    When I did this job. First I just installed the steering wheel switches. At this time the battery was unplugged for an hour to remove and install the airbag in the center of the wheel. The switches didn't work, and neither did the horn. Than I did the job over using a 300 wheel with the faux wood grain. Reinstalled the airbag, connected the battery, and the horn worked again. At this point my plan was to leave the dead switches until, I found time to install the cluster. (I had no idea the cluster was so easy to swap.) Than I got the Appcar program to turn on the engine temp, and oil press. For the CCN, the program only clue that it recognizes the new 07 cluster is it showed something like 352100km = 218K on the odometer. The old one is just over 100K. No optional EVIC recognized in the list of programmable parameters. I've updated to 1.61 Appcar, and contacted the 5 times this month no go.
    Got to go sell a 75 Duster, seeya.
    While it is reading my FCM as not being option with this cluster, it seems to be saying my heated seats (That I don't have ) are on the fritz.

untitled - YouTube

Jaws - "It's a tiger shark" - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    I say we must triumph!

Samuel L. Jackson Dies - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    While it is reading my FCM as not being option with this cluster, it seems to be saying my heated seats (That I don't have ) are on the fritz.
    Why don't you go to "heated seats present" and select "not set" ? Problem solved (if you do it properly)
    Likes Berserker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay727 View Post
    Why don't you go to "heated seats present" and select "not set" ? Problem solved (if you do it properly)

That would take common sense. I spent my time "%@^$#&$*%" about why the Configuration 3 on the website, was totally different that on the app. I thought I was buying an app that would allow me to add the options that weren't ordered off the sales floor. Tomorrow I have to do a 300 mile round trip, so I reinstalled the original cluster.
    I think I'm going to build the hatch pop trick that you can find on youtube

Hatch Mod for Dodge Magnum (Video #1) - YouTube
    Hatch Mod for Dodge Magnum (Video #2) - YouTube
    Hatch Mod for Dodge Magnum (Video #3) - YouTube
    The oil press., and engine temp. I'll install as A pillar gauges.

Post Thanks / Like
    What would be great is if Appcar Diagfca just read this post, and contacted me back through the email address of one of the half a dozen correspondences I sent, as many people have claimed they will. Than added whatever the others claim they had done to fix these issues. This way I would stop ragging about this, and start raving about how awesome it is. But I don't believe they will, or ever have for anybody else. Either that, or my advice would be skip this tool, and buy an Autel. Yes it cost more, but I think it does everything this tool does, I think the $400 version will correct the mileage, and some will correct the VIN#, although I don't think any will add options the computer won't recognize. It seem that would take FCM modification on a 2005.
    untitled - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people are just expressing their frustration with the software and it has nothing to do with you. The fact of the matter is there are hundreds of threads about this software across many forum sites and from what I can tell...there are more people that are unhappy with the software than there are people who are happy with it. We are all happy for you for getting it to work in your vehicle, but that doesn't mean that it works for everyone. They are understandably upset and on here trying to work together to get answers. We appreciate you bringing it up and sharing your experience and knowledge of the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobsSXT View Post
    I dunno. It all worked for me in my January 2005 built Magnum. I got all the parts from the wrecking yard. I don't know where the myth started that you need the full display to use the steering wheel controls or even the Homelink portion. You don't. But all I can do is give a couple examples of things for me that really helped me out.

1: Fixed an airbag light on. There was a difference in squib resistance. Had I not known that (how the hell do I test the resistance of a single squib?) I'd be pulling my hair out. It was related to not seating my connection in my column. To me- that's a win. It helped me solve a problem.

2: Steering wheel controls of course.

3: Troubleshooting my BAS after my Hemi swap.

4: Last week when I did my AWD to RWD swap, I was having issues with my trans not shifting out of first gear. Everything mechanical was solid and I know it was electrical. I used the program to look things over and found it was related to my front ABS sensors. I was able to red my transmission temp and troubleshoot with the information I was receiving.

5: I'm willing to bet if your steering wheel volume doesn't work you have an aftermarket stereo. Google that one. If it's OEM check the radio. There are like 7 versions of the GEN1 unit.

This isn't for everyone I get that. If you don't want me sharing my experience for a guy who enjoys doing his own work- then by all means there are other forums. I don't have to share this. I only did because I was excited I found something reasonably priced for what I need to do and wanted to share. So **** that I won't share then. I have guys asking me questions about how I removed all my AWD stuff and converted it all to RWD. Guys asking be about my hemi swap. Screw it- I'm not sharing anything anymore. Figure it out yourself. I saved myself a ton of hassle and 'll keep these tips to myself. There's some total *******s on this forum. and I've been here for years. Not surprised. No I don't know how or why with this VIN or that VIN or whatever. all I know is it WORKED FOR ME.

Yeah these guys suck ass at replying to emails. It's most likely a couple of guys in Poland who (while they certainly didn't NEED to make this program) who did it, and it helped me a lot. Yes they could probably get some email help. In fact they really need to consider it. Badly. It doesn't instill customer confidence. Been there done that. The website also needs work and other stuff. But I'm willing to bet these guys are engineers, NOT marketing guys. So they need to figure that out if they want growth.

So whatever. Call BS after you do your research on the differences in 2005 and 2006+ systems and verify part numbers instead of throwing parts at stuff with no checking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Genestealer View Post
    FCMs are backwards compatible, but not forwards compatible, 2007 Cluster didn't exist in 2005, so you have to upgrade your FCM for it to work correctly.
    Actually you posted this before, and it was from you that I concluded that you, and your answer are 100% right, thank you.. It might not be the answer people want to hear, but it's the correct answer. NYInstaller said, " The 2005 FCM can be flashed to 2006, and the cluster can be flashed from 2007, back to 2006.
    The Clue that thing are not talking is the 147P for oil pressure, the computer doesn't know what to say. The last issue is the Charger cluster and the hatch release. There's a work around since all the LX have the trunk pop wiring. It requires springs, new struts (not sure why) 4.7 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, and a button.
    None of this stuff seems like that big a deal unless you can't find a person who will do the flash.
    As of right now the stock cluster is back in, and it's hilariously sad. When I push the odometer button in to reset, the fuel gauge sound like plastic gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by indy0651 View Post
    I think people are just expressing their frustration with the software and it has nothing to do with you. The fact of the matter is there are hundreds of threads about this software across many forum sites and from what I can tell...there are more people that are unhappy with the software than there are people who are happy with it. We are all happy for you for getting it to work in your vehicle, but that doesn't mean that it works for everyone. They are understandably upset and on here trying to work together to get answers. We appreciate you bringing it up and sharing your experience and knowledge of the topic.
    I'm glad it worked for the things Robssxt needed. That's what I was saying, "It probably can do some things."
    That said. His post is not true. He said he has a 2005 sxt. Yes you can install the basic EVIC from a 2005, but the oil pressure will read 147P, just like mine. Some people tried a Prowler 2 wire sender, but the SXT uses a single wire, and the 5.7 uses a 3 wire. Some V6 Chrysler300's had EVIC in 05, but none had the oil pressure. To do a 2006 cluster you need at least an 05 FCM written to 06, or a compatible 06 FCM, because the language/code hadn't been written yet in 2005. So somewhere here there was a lot more work done than a simple $40.00 app. So yes you need a dealership, or a person that does FCM reflashes, or at the least you need the correct FCM.
    Last edited by garyfish340; 04-17-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Want to be able to do everything check here Want to add more features to your LX? Look here! CDA!
    App is free, hardware will cost you a few hundred. Or find someone who can reprogram it for you.
    Also can change your cluster from Charger to Magnum spec, so your hatch will work, and get rid of other "lost communication" codes.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Want to be able to do everything check here Want to add more features to your LX? Look here! CDA!
    App is free, hardware will cost you a few hundred. Or find someone who can reprogram it for you.
    Also can change your cluster from Charger to Magnum spec, so your hatch will work, and get rid of other "lost communication" codes.
    I have this both software and hardware. The problem with CDA is that it’s not user friendly at all and you need to know what you doing when changing parameters.
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've looked at that thread. Seems impossible to get it. So, how do you get this set up?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast