Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy met me half way and I picked it up at 8 this morning.Figured i’ll Change the front seal and pin connector deal before I stab it in. Looks clean, fingers crossed it works as promised. The guy also gave me a Supercharger front mounting bracket and a plate that goes between the throttle body and the intake that has two extra injectors in it. No idea what it’s for other then it was on a 6.1 Charger.
    2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils,..Dropped Valve..rebuild...6.1 springs,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners throughout,Sidewinder cam,Comp Cams pushrods,Tune by Johan,Taylor 8.2 shortys,Speedlogix catch can,BT Batwing and engine bling,BT pink thingy,Scat Pack wheels,245/45/20,RKSPORT Viper ACR hood,full Volant SS cat back,AFE Magnum Force CAI,R1 Concepts black slotted/drilled rotors F/B,ceramic pads,DC Strut tower brace,Bitchin pistol grip shifter
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda
    1976 340 Pro Street Plymouth Arrow
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a plate for nitrous. Did the supercharger bracket come out of the same car the transmission come out of?
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s actually a fuel supplement for a Paxton Supercharger from GS Motorsports. The seller had that and a mounting bracket for the Paxton that he brought with him. I believe it was on the car. The SRT has 32k on it when the owner wrecked the passenger side of the car. But it still ran good so the guy I bought it from worked at a shop that purchased it for a customer to put into a 70 Challenger. That fell through so they pulled the motor and trans. Somewhere along the way the Paxton got lost except for the pieces I now have.The 6.1 was sold 3 months ago for 2k with ported heads ect.
    2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils,..Dropped Valve..rebuild...6.1 springs,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners throughout,Sidewinder cam,Comp Cams pushrods,Tune by Johan,Taylor 8.2 shortys,Speedlogix catch can,BT Batwing and engine bling,BT pink thingy,Scat Pack wheels,245/45/20,RKSPORT Viper ACR hood,full Volant SS cat back,AFE Magnum Force CAI,R1 Concepts black slotted/drilled rotors F/B,ceramic pads,DC Strut tower brace,Bitchin pistol grip shifter
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Red R/T View Post
    It’s actually a fuel supplement for a Paxton Supercharger from GS Motorsports. The seller had that and a mounting bracket for the Paxton that he brought with him. I believe it was on the car. The SRT has 32k on it when the owner wrecked the passenger side of the car. But it still ran good so the guy I bought it from worked at a shop that purchased it for a customer to put into a 70 Challenger. That fell through so they pulled the motor and trans. Somewhere along the way the Paxton got lost except for the pieces I now have.The 6.1 was sold 3 months ago for 2k with ported heads ect.
    K, the reason I asked is that it might be worth noting, with a supercharger, the vehicle was not being treated with kid gloves. The hope is that the NAG1 doesn't exhibit this. Good luck with the install.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that thought crossed my mind lol. Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    So it came to my attention through somebody that the 6.1 and 5.7 Nag 1’s have a different trans fill tube length. Anybody know why, and should I swap tubes when I pull my trans tomorro? I did purchase a new trans tube seal along with the front input/output seal. I’m already on the fence about swapping the front seal out since it looks perfect, but would hate to slide the converter in and have it leak after it’s all installed. But main concern is the trans filler tube at this point.
    Last edited by Little Red R/T; 01-20-2019 at 01:01 AM.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like

Trans interchange

Don’t know about 11 up but 05-10 used the same one. If it’s a concern use your old filler tube. You already bought a new seal just swap tubes.
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.
    Likes Little Red R/T liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Im getting ready to install my purchased trans this weekend depending on weather but have a small problem I could use opinions on. I pulled my cars trans last weekend finally. I went and bought the 30mm 12 point socket and pulled the two yokes off the old and new trans to swap the 4 bolt for the 3 I need. Well the 4 bolt yoke looked great and obviously had less miles. The 3 bolt however has a groove which I believe is from the carrier bearing being shot and pulling down on the yoke. I’m thinking the seal in the rear had some grit and ended up with the groove. I don’t believe the groove has any effect on sealing since my trans didn’t have any leaks. Wanted to make sure that I’m correct though before installing it on the trans this weekend. If not then it’s waiting while Dodge hunts one down. I’ll post some pics. I thought about some emery cloth polishing and stab it.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Little Red R/T; 02-01-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    Upside down lol, but you get the idea. This is the 3 bolt. The four bolt has a very light witness mark from the seal but not something you can catch with your finger nail like this one. If it’s not going to compromise anything then I’d like to use it. Thoughts?
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    Linky no worky...

Although the yoke appears to have a seal, its a close tolerance device to keep out debris. The rear transmission seal is ahead of the yoke assembly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry buddy, it works when I click on it. Probably because it’s in my phone lol. I think you know the machined surface I’m talking about. The splines that engage into the trans are inside it. So would the groove have any negative effect? I have the pic posted now, still upside down unfortunately.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    Still sez Invalid Attachment :^)

If I recall there is a machined surface on front of what looks like a vertical seal face. If you think about it, if there was a seal interface, oil could still migrate through the spline structure...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 02-01-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's true now that you mention it. Your correct on the spline description. Best I can describe it would be the same as the slip yoke on the front of an older driveshaft, say a 70 Mopar, only instead of being 6 inches long its more like 2 at the most. Completely polished tube with internal splines that slide over the output splines inside the trans. If that in fact is just a dust seal, any debris that would get by could get caught between the polished shaft and the actual seal. Then throw in a center support bearing that's blown out and letting the driveshaft rest on the seal more then it should and there is the groove maker. I think I am going to run it. Worse case scenario is pull it in the car and replace it, if in fact it leaks.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123