Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a used tranny with about 20k miles in it off here from a trusted member. I changed the conductor plate, trans harness plug as well as fluid and a new filter. Def something to consider when purchasing a used tranny. Also if i remember correctly I believe hemi jeeps with nag1 used v6 converter. I have a Jeep converter was waiting for my next project
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a way to tell the difference between the v6, v8 converter?
    Any markings to look for? I have 2 spare nag1's, 1-v8, 1-v6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtail View Post
    Look for a part number. V6 and Jeep SRT8 converter part number is 05174299AA.
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My smelly opinion is that you are trying to save money by buying a used trans. So why not use the used TC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAce View Post
    Look for a part number. V6 and Jeep SRT8 converter part number is 05174299AA.
    05174299AA (JGC SRT 6.1 / LX 3.5L, also called out at FCA as 05143212AA; 05174299AA) or P04736489AA (Mercedes mirror PN).
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks Little Red R/T, Kid_Storm thanked for this post
    Likes Kid_Storm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    05174299AA (JGC SRT 6.1 / LX 3.5L, also called out at FCA as 05143212AA; 05174299AA) or P04736489AA (Mercedes mirror PN).
    Here’s a list of part numbers and stall speeds. Covers up to 2007 but still applies.

http://www.atraonline.com/gears/2008.../2008_3_38.pdf

I had another a list of current part numbers and stall speeds but unfortunately can’t find it.
    Thanks Little Red R/T, Kid_Storm thanked for this post
    Likes Kid_Storm, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005rtmag View Post
    My smelly opinion is that you are trying to save money by buying a used trans. So why not use the used TC?
    Just figured a new converter, along with being a upgrade (V6 unit) may help the used trans last longer if there was any water introduced ect. And your opinion isn't smelly lol, just observant.
    2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils,..Dropped Valve..rebuild...6.1 springs,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners throughout,Sidewinder cam,Comp Cams pushrods,Tune by Johan,Taylor 8.2 shortys,Speedlogix catch can,BT Batwing and engine bling,BT pink thingy,Scat Pack wheels,245/45/20,RKSPORT Viper ACR hood,full Volant SS cat back,AFE Magnum Force CAI,R1 Concepts black slotted/drilled rotors F/B,ceramic pads,DC Strut tower brace,Bitchin pistol grip shifter
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda
    1976 340 Pro Street Plymouth Arrow
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAce View Post
    I picked up a used tranny with about 20k miles in it off here from a trusted member. I changed the conductor plate, trans harness plug as well as fluid and a new filter. Def something to consider when purchasing a used tranny. Also if i remember correctly I believe hemi jeeps with nag1 used v6 converter. I have a Jeep converter was waiting for my next project
    Did you change the conductor plate just for insurance since it was out? And what do those run price wise? Thanks.
    2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils,..Dropped Valve..rebuild...6.1 springs,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners throughout,Sidewinder cam,Comp Cams pushrods,Tune by Johan,Taylor 8.2 shortys,Speedlogix catch can,BT Batwing and engine bling,BT pink thingy,Scat Pack wheels,245/45/20,RKSPORT Viper ACR hood,full Volant SS cat back,AFE Magnum Force CAI,R1 Concepts black slotted/drilled rotors F/B,ceramic pads,DC Strut tower brace,Bitchin pistol grip shifter
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Red R/T View Post
    Did you change the conductor plate just for insurance since it was out? And what do those run price wise? Thanks.
    Yes since it was a used unit I figured I’d do some preventative maintenance since it was out. I believe it cost me around $50 for it. I got a deal on one. They go for $100 I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Dorman conductor plate has Mercedes molded into the plastic leading me to believe that Dorman makes these for Mercedes and Chrysler.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I found a 32k mile SRT trans for $400. Seems decently priced if it’s legit, and it looks clean. But it’s a 4 bolt driveline flange. Does the rear flange just unbolt and my flange bolts in its place for the 3 bolt? Thanks.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    So I found a 32k mile SRT trans for $400. Seems decently priced if it’s legit, and it looks clean. But it’s a 4 bolt driveline flange. Does the rear flange just unbolt and my flange bolts in its place for the 3 bolt? Thanks.
    Yes; you need a new flange nut if I recall due to TTY and having to stake it after torque (@ 147ft.lb).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-13-2019 at 01:13 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, and after that plug and play right? No reprogramming of the TCM or anything?The trans will play nice with the Magnum. Unfortunately it’s from a SRT Charger so no 6cyl converter for me.But at this point I just need it back on the road. I may look around quickly for a 6cyl converter before I stab it.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, and after that plug and play right? No reprogramming of the TCM or anything?The trans will play nice with the Magnum. Unfortunately it’s from a SRT Charger so no 6cyl converter for me.But at this point I just need it back on the road. I may look around quickly for a 6cyl converter before I stab it.
    Its really important to get to a Dealership afterwards and have the previous transmission's unique characteristics for proper transmission operating that are stored in NVM purged - and replaced with a forced Adaptive Relearn. If you drive aggressively at all...it is really in your best interest.

Thanks Little Red R/T thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, will do. I’ll ask about it Monday at the dealership to get an idea on cost. I’ll have to drag it there for a trans service anyway. I think it’s full of fluid but I still don’t have anyway to check it besides my B&M dipstick.
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast