Post Thanks / Like

Door lock and unlock not working and ignition problem 2008 charger

Hey guys so I’m having a little issue on my 2008 charger. So about a year or so back, I got my ignition replaced by dodge due to a recall. With that I received 2 brand new key fobs. Everything worked fine up until now. Both key fobs do not lock or unlock the car. When I press the unlock button, the car’s lights turn on for about a second, and then turn off. Usually they stay on for like 10-20 seconds. On the cluster, when I turn the ignition and and drive the needles on the fuel and temp gauge work, but when I turn the ignition off, they stay at the same place as they were when the ignition/car was on and running. Even the radio doesn’t turn off when they door is opened. I have to open the door, and then turn the ignition back on then turn it off for the radio to finally turn off. Kind of at a loss of what to do. It seems like the car isn’t getting any power unless the key is in the ignition and turned on. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a coin battery in the fob, but I thought that would only affect the remote lock/unlock and not the part where it's in the ignition. But maybe I'm wrong about what that battery is for.

Post Thanks / Like
    The gauges and radio staying on with the switch in off sounds like a faulty ignition switch. The switch also receives wireless signals from the FOB.
    Likes LXDRE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    The gauges and radio staying on with the switch in off sounds like a faulty ignition switch. The switch also receives wireless signals from the FOB.
    That’s what I was thinking as well. It’s crazy because the only button on the fob that works is this panic button. I guess I’ll have to take the car back to dodge. They are the ones who replaced the ignition switch due to the recall. Thank you so much for your input.