Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JD323 View Post
    I've downloaded it and messed around a few times. There's some features that are not available like I believe diagnostics testing. I couldn't find anything about the VIN, but maybe that feature is only available on the full version as well. I think I'll just bite the bullet and buy it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Search the RamForum thread linked to in the first post and see if it has been done. They would know. It's like 800 pages of AlfaOBD.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed the dev and he responded surprisingly quickly and said that it's not currently available for my model year, but he will try to add it to the next update if it's possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JD323 View Post
    I emailed the dev and he responded surprisingly quickly and said that it's not currently available for my model year, but he will try to add it to the next update if it's possible.

Great news. He is very regular with updates.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    For a 2018 Pursuit, would it be possible to turn on options like heated/cooled seats if all of the required wiring and modules were added? What about automatic climate control?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    IIRC, yes you can, with Alfa.

Download the free trial, from the play store. It is full featured, but is limited to 15 minutes of connectivity at a time.

You can poke around and see what you can do...

Bob
    Where is that option? Ive had this app for some time and havent seen it. Would be handy as ive picked different modules to get the options i wanted. They are all configured with this app, but mileage for pcm or cluster i must be skipping past

Edit: i saw the answer before i could stop this post. My apologies
    when they made me they broke the mold, and beat the piss outta the mold maker....
    Last edited by Pedroassblaster; 01-12-2020 at 09:47 PM.
    You just started reading the sentence you just finished reading...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroassblaster View Post
    Where is that option? Ive had this app for some time and havent seen it. Would be handy as ive picked different modules to get the options i wanted. They are all configured with this app, but mileage for pcm or cluster i must be skipping past

Edit: i saw the answer before i could stop this post. My apologies
    when they made me they broke the mold, and beat the piss outta the mold maker....
    LOL.

You can write a vin to a cluster (speedometer), but no luck on an ECM, yet.

Bob

Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Bob
    AlfaOBD Master Thread. yeah foot in mouth on the last post. The app is a great tool on newer platforms i believe but not so much on my 1st gen lx. Have made several changes to my wifes '15 Journey that more than paid for the app and interface

Likes diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Bob
    Do you know how you would go about writing a VIN to a cluster? I would like to install an SRT8 cluster in my '05 300.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be more concerned about mileage.

Tons of great Alfa tutorials on Big Daddy's Garage:

big daddy's house
    - YouTube

Bob

Lux Technologies

Likes Rockhound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    AlfaOBD Master Thread. yeah foot in mouth on the last post. The app is a great tool on newer platforms i believe but not so much on my 1st gen lx. Have made several changes to my wifes '15 Journey that more than paid for the app and interface

Yeah I am a bit disappointed with it on my 2006 300C, but it looks like a better tool for the later stuff. The fact that you can change the VIN on some components and even change the mileage is awesome.

Hopefully they will get the ECM Vin change to work. I tried on a 2018 ECM on my bench and it failed. I really hope they can improve the functionality of the earlier LX cars too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    Yeah I am a bit disappointed with it on my 2006 300C, but it looks like a better tool for the later stuff. The fact that you can change the VIN on some components and even change the mileage is awesome.

Hopefully they will get the ECM Vin change to work. I tried on a 2018 ECM on my bench and it failed. I really hope they can improve the functionality of the earlier LX cars too.
    You can send a log file to the developer, Alexy, and he will help sort out your 2018 ECM issue

Bob

Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bob. Do I just do that in the app?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.

Or... visit his website & email him, directly.

Haven't done it, but he helps guys out, all the time, on the RamForum Alfa thread.

He's out of country, so be patient.

Bob

Lux Technologies

Thanks Rockhound thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post

I still must be missing this option. Are you talking about on later models or your 300C?

Post Thanks / Like
    I still must be missing this option. Are you talking about on later models or your 300C?
    Vin change is an option for some components on the much newer cars. It is an option for a 2018 ECM I tried, but it doesn't work. It is not an option anywhere I can see for my 2006 300C.
    Likes Pedroassblaster liked this post

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast