Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal470 View Post
    It was a used cluster that had the wrong mileage for the car.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Ahh, ok but how come your 2020 got a used cluster or is it a used cluster from a 2020?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maamcgui View Post
    Ahh, ok but how come your 2020 got a used cluster or is it a used cluster from a 2020?

New cluster goes for 6 to 7 bucks, I purchased a used one to make sure it would fit, which it did with slight modification, and function as it should all for the sum of 150 bucks. I did it for the blue lighting features only available in the Chysler.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Air Bags for people that understand the difference

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried to change the threshold for my TPMS... Now I have a constant tire light on the dash. Anyone else run into this? (yes my tires are inflated within the specs) thanks!

1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

Oh Drat! Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    Tried to change the threshold for my TPMS... Now I have a constant tire light on the dash. Anyone else run into this? (yes my tires are inflated within the specs) thanks!

I think you need to do an abs module reset, with Alfa.

I remember reading this, in the RAM Forum thread. Do a search, over there, to be sure.

Bob

LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Some vehicles you can change the thresholds in the bcm and don't need to do anything else, others like most trucks you have to get the security pin number and perform a rfh unlock so the the tire pressure thresholds stored in the rfh will update to the values stored in the bcm. So you might see the pressure thresholds in the cluster reflect what you entered (like inflate tires to xx psi) but the tire light will still be commanded on by the rfh module since that is the module on some vehicles that actually read the tire pressures.
    Likes diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circ1977 View Post
    Some vehicles you can change the thresholds in the bcm and don't need to do anything else, others like most trucks you have to get the security pin number and perform a rfh unlock so the the tire pressure thresholds stored in the rfh will update to the values stored in the bcm. So you might see the pressure thresholds in the cluster reflect what you entered (like inflate tires to xx psi) but the tire light will still be commanded on by the rfh module since that is the module on some vehicles that actually read the tire pressures.
    My car is the 06 Magnum. I don't see anything about tire pressure in the BCM, only on the rfh hub. That's where I changed the thresholds. It's never asked for a pin number, how would I get that?

Oh Drat! Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, assumed you were working on the Durango on your signature from previous post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circ1977 View Post
    Sorry, assumed you were working on the Durango on your signature from previous post
    No prob, I have too many mopars anyway lol.

Oh Drat! Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Your 06 magnum should have a front control module which stores the configuration, but the wireless control module is what reads the tire pressures and locations on premium tpms system. Not 100% but i think all you need to do is adjust the tire pressure hysteresis if you want to run a few lbs. less, havent done it on your model so not sure what the choices under wireless control module are... Have you checked to see what codes your getting? I would double check the settings you may have changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI - OBDlink MX+ is now on sale on Amazon $79.

Amazon.com: OBDLink: OBDLink MX+

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry double post

Post Thanks / Like
    TPMS DISABLE

From RAMForums:

VehConfig 3 Base TPM system present: NO

VehConfig 3 premium tpm system present: NO

VehConfig 5 non regulated tire pressure information system: NO

VehConfig 7 TPMS configuration: Logic 1 NHTSA Enable Warning

Then reset the rf hub

Bob

LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2019 Uconnect 8.4 out of Chrysler 300, I'm looking to put it into my 2016 challenger that currently has a 8.4 vp4, I swapped the 8.4 and usb module, but the uconnect just stays black. the only time I see anything on the display if I mess with my temperature controls or shut the car down, (splashes SRT animation on screen) My cluster gives me a message 'radio locked' but I cant put my unlock code in as the screen is off. I want to get AlfaOBD if it will make it work, would doing the proxy alignment enable me to use this radio? Any parts I'm missing? I got my usb hub from a 2018 charger, so it should be good?

New Radio P/N is 68396531ac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenSunnyD View Post
    I have a 2019 Uconnect 8.4 out of Chrysler 300, I'm looking to put it into my 2016 challenger that currently has a 8.4 vp4, I swapped the 8.4 and usb module, but the uconnect just stays black. the only time I see anything on the display if I mess with my temperature controls or shut the car down, (splashes SRT animation on screen) My cluster gives me a message 'radio locked' but I cant put my unlock code in as the screen is off. I want to get AlfaOBD if it will make it work, would doing the proxy alignment enable me to use this radio? Any parts I'm missing? I got my usb hub from a 2018 charger, so it should be good?

New Radio P/N is 68396531ac
    I would start with post number 1, over here:

AlfaOBD | DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

The RAM shares the same architecture, as our cars. These guys are doing that same swap, all the time.

Search that thread and post up, over there. They are very helpful and there is a LOT of info on this swap.

Keep us posted.

Bob

Lux Technologies

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526