Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    No more A5 transmission

    Starting with 2020 production, all Charger Pursuits including the 5.7L AWD will use the A8 transmission!

    FCA US Media - Press Kit: 2020 Dodge Charger Pursuit:2020 Dodge Charger Pursuit Fact Sheet

    What does this mean for a possible civilian V8 AWD Charger and/or Challenger?


    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group
    Likes Tikibeast, SuperSound liked this post



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you know the right people, you can get a Charger pursuit ordered.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't get a Charger Pursuit with Hemi, 8 speed, rear wheel drive. If you want RWD, you have to get the V6
    'Cuda SRT8

    My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda FB with MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 and S60 Dana
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in B5 Blue (797h.p.)
    '19 Ram 1500 4x4 Hydro Edition (5.7 Hemi)
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could, in theory, do a trans and engine swap on an AWD V6.
    You could swap the 8HP45 for the 8HP70 (345/392), reuse the transfer case and swap in a hemi (345/392).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    2,910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJX View Post
    You could, in theory, do a trans and engine swap on an AWD V6.
    You could swap the 8HP45 for the 8HP70 (345/392), reuse the transfer case and swap in a hemi (345/392).

    There's a lot of things one "could" do.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, after I saw that Speed Kore pursuit charger they had at SEMA I got all sorts of outlandish ideas lol.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJX View Post
    Hey, after I saw that Speed Kore pursuit charger they had at SEMA I got all sorts of outlandish ideas lol.
    The pursuit or the one that has a trophy truck transfer case and has 1500 hp


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    The twin turbo, widebody, AWD Charger. It was a AWD Hemi pursuit car they transformed into a monster. They left the interior alone though so that's how I spotted it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJX View Post
    The twin turbo, widebody, AWD Charger. It was a AWD Hemi pursuit car they transformed into a monster. They left the interior alone though so that's how I spotted it.
    Yea it’s running a trophy truck transfer case that costs more than most peoples cars 35k


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, yeah I know those built TCases are expensive.

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •