Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet...I tried to D/L it the other day and it locked up on me...will try again maybe today.
    My wife says I never listen to her...or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I was able to get the AlfaOBD Demo version onto my S7 Edge, and it seems to sync OK with my FIXD BT OBD adapter.

So what does "BCM" stand for, and how do I find what you a re looking for in the AlfaOBD APP ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so you want to select dodge, charger, and Body Control Module 2018 powernet. The screen shot below is the PC version but is similar to the android version.
    1.JPG
    Once the BCM is selected you will be prompted to connect. Once connected there is a little battery button on the bottom that you will press which take you to a screen that says read system id, select that and a log file will be created. You will have to search your android device file system for the log...should be the android/data folder...where there will be an alfaobd folder which should contain a log folder. The actual log will be called Body_chrysler_info.log. If you open it with a text/doc app you should be able to search for "chassis type" which will be a number. That's what I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chassis Type 34

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zonian View Post
    Chassis Type 34
    Thank you! So that means a STP equipped charger SXT chassis type is 34 and a non-STP is a 24.

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
    STP Charger SXT = 34
    non-STP Charger RT = 23
    non-STP Challenger SXT = 44
    STP Challenger SXT = ??
    non-STP Challenger RT M6 = 76
    non-STP Challenger RT A8 = 44
    STP Challenger RT M6 = 77
    STP Challenger GT = 68
    STP Challenger SP A8 = 530 HP Chassis
    non-STP 300S = 25

Just to confirm, your charger is an STP equipped SXT, is that correct? Nevermind, I found your post confirming it.

https://www.lxforums.com/board/general-lx-discussion-3rd-gen-2015-/416494-alfaobd-sxt-charger-stp-post5174095.html#post5174095
    Last edited by Challytatum; 06-30-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. 2018 charger 3.6 with stp package.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, forgive me for my ignorance, glad I help, but what does this number actually do for anybody?

Post Thanks / Like
    So, forgive me for my ignorance, glad I help, but what does this number actually do for anybody?
    Yes, I have a buddy with a 2016 Charger STX that wants launch control. He gets the display on the EVIC but it does not work (gives no instruction to hold the brake and step on the gas) and that is because you need the correct chassis type to get the ABS to cooperate. I have searched the web and there is zero info on chassis types although alfaobd seems to add sales codes to some of the numbers which help identify some option for that chassis number but it still is a crap shoot. I guess you could go thru and try every number until it works but my fear is you can eventually brick either the ABS or BCM doing so.

For example, for chassis type 34 alfa shows the following sales codes (5ZR + BR2 + SDB). Using this link you can find out what the sales code means:
    http://starparts.chrysler.com/starli.../salescode.pdf

5ZR = 4 door (tells me it is not a challenger)
    BR2 = Brakes-15"-Disc/Disc W/Abs Lc-4 (honestly does not tell me much)
    SDB = Heavy Duty Suspension (tells me it most likely has STP)

So as you can see not much to go on. Best way to find the right chassis type is to find someone with the STP option and ask for a read of the BCM.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Challytatum; 07-01-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said before you are a genius…. Need your opinion for my 300s with the 5.7. I have added the 3.09 gears and complete 6 piston Brembos, the car also came with the Safety Tec Package.. What Charger chassis type is most simular? I would like to try that and see if i can get the Launch Control to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Challytatum View Post
    Yes, I have a buddy with a 2016 Charger STX that wants launch control. He gets the display on the EVIC but it does not work (gives no instruction to hold the brake and step on the gas) and that is because you need the correct chassis type to get the ABS to cooperate. I have searched the web and there is zero info on chassis types although alfaobd seems to add sales codes to some of the numbers which help identify some option for that chassis number but it still is a crap shoot. I guess you could go thru and try every number until it works but my fear is you can eventually brick either the ABS or BCM doing so.

For example, for chassis type 34 alfa shows the following sales codes (5ZR + BR2 + SDB). Using this link you can find out what the sales code means:
    http://starparts.chrysler.com/starli.../salescode.pdf

5ZR = 4 door (tells me it is not a challenger)
    BR2 = Brakes-15"-Disc/Disc W/Abs Lc-4 (honestly does not tell me much)
    SDB = Heavy Duty Suspension (tells me it most likely has STP)

So as you can see not much to go on. Best way to find the right chassis type is to find someone with the STP option and ask for a read of the BCM.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny H View Post
    Like I said before you are a genius…. Need your opinion for my 300s with the 5.7. I have added the 3.09 gears and complete 6 piston Brembos, the car also came with the Safety Tec Package.. What Charger chassis type is most simular? I would like to try that and see if i can get the Launch Control to work.
    I honestly would ask a member with a 300 and STP (not sure if that combo exists) to take a read of their BCM to find the chassis number. Otherwise you can try going through the list of chassis types that have 5ZR + SDB in alfa. Although there are a lot of number that have no sales codes next to them which actually might be the right one. For example, 77 is the number that gave me STP. If it were me I would try the following numbers:

26 (why because non-STP RT was 76 and the STP version was 77 - jumps by 1)
    35 (why because a non-STP STX charger is 24 but a STP version is 34 - jumps by 10)
    77 (why because it works for a auto and manual challenger RT)

If these don't work I would then start with the types that have the 4 door and heavy duty suspension sales codes.

Hopefully going through the numbers won't cause any irreversible damage. A member on the challenger forum tried some numbers that did not work (he even tried a scat pack chassis type) but was always able to go back to his original chassis type without and ill effects. BUT there is always risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Challytatum View Post
    I honestly would ask a member with a 300 and STP (not sure if that combo exists) to take a read of their BCM to find the chassis number. Otherwise you can try going through the list of chassis types that have 5ZR + SDB in alfa. Although there are a lot of number that have no sales codes next to them which actually might be the right one. For example, 77 is the number that gave me STP. If it were me I would try the following numbers:

26 (why because non-STP RT was 76 and the STP version was 77 - jumps by 1)
    35 (why because a non-STP STX charger is 24 but a STP version is 34 - jumps by 10)
    77 (why because it works for a auto and manual challenger RT)

If these don't work I would then start with the types that have the 4 door and heavy duty suspension sales codes.

Hopefully going through the numbers won't cause any irreversible damage. A member on the challenger forum tried some numbers that did not work (he even tried a scat pack chassis type) but was always able to go back to his original chassis type without and ill effects. BUT there is always risk.
    US wise there are no 300 with STP. I am sure the 300 SRT has the STP. but they appear to all be export cars in UAE or Australia. My thought are to find a 2017 Charger SRT with the Safety Tech Package. That would be the most similarly equipped car. Thanks for the suggestions. When I get a chance I will play with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    US wise there are no 300 with STP. I am sure the 300 SRT has the STP. but they appear to all be export cars in UAE or Australia. My thought are to find a 2017 Charger SRT with the Safety Tech Package. That would be the most similarly equipped car. Thanks for the suggestions. When I get a chance I will play with it.
    Don't think the SRT chassis type will work on an RT. Like I said, a member on the CT forum tried a Scat chassis type on an RT and it did not work. Now alfa can change the country code as well but I am pretty sure that may cause some issue(s). I was trying to get folks to post up their BCM reads along with their build sheet so folks can compare configurations and options but it never took off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chassis Type 34
    Hey bud you mind posting your complete BCM log. Trying to get launch to work on my buddies SXT charger and everything works but the EVIC instructions. I guess there is one setting that I am missing which might be different from challengers. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW one thing I forgot to mention that there is also a switch in the PCM for launch control. Far as I can tell all +2015 challengers (GPEC2A engine controllers) have it enabled. Not sure about other models? Going to read my buddy's 2016 SXT charger's PCM to see if it is enabled by default.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123