Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rebates can't be locked in. They are only able to use what is available at the actual time of sale. That said power dollars I think was good thru 1st week of August this time.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoung05 View Post
    finding that most dealers aren’t willing to discount much off MSRP due to recent limited inventory
    Yup...low supply & high demand still, so they don't "need" to discount them
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like

2020 order deadline

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    Rebates can't be locked in. They are only able to use what is available at the actual time of sale. That said power dollars I think was good thru 1st week of August this time.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I see this a lot being said on the forum and I’m surely too new on the forum to argue against it. But I’ll say this ..my power dollars were absolutely guaranteed by every dealer that gave me quotes on my order. At least 6 dealers. I’ll take delivery in a couple weeks and I’m not concerned about losing my July PD. In fact, they all informed me that marking an order as “sold order” locked the rebates. Another said that as soon as they get the VIN, it’s locked. This happened to me with my 2019 Ram also. National rebates were locked on my “sold order” even tho the rebates didn’t exist when I took delivery. The other rebates like military/USAA aren’t locked in—again, this has been my experience as well as many others (who don’t do forums) on orders marked as “sold”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by warv3t; 07-28-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely agree with the above regarding power dollars being locked in. Maybe not for all rebates but these are different. Even seen on some build sheets Sold Order Protected to lock them in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group
    Likes snobrdrdan, warv3t liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by warv3t View Post
    I see this a lot being said on the forum and I’m surely too new on the forum to argue against it. But I’ll say this ..my power dollars were absolutely guaranteed by every dealer that gave me quotes on my order. At least 6 dealers. I’ll take delivery in a couple weeks and I’m not concerned about losing my July PD. In fact, they all informed me that marking an order as “sold order” locked the rebates. Another said that as soon as they get the VIN, it’s locked. This happened to me with my 2019 Ram also. National rebates were locked on my “sold order” even tho the rebates didn’t exist when I took delivery. The local rebates aren’t locked in—again, this has been my experience as well as many others (who don’t do forums) on orders marked as “sold”

You have to look no farther than Dodge website for the restrictions on any rebate. For example, Power Dollars currently says "Must take retail delivery by 8/3/20". Bottom line if you do not have possession of the car by then, you do not qualify.

The way rebates work is the dealer is paid back for them by Dodge. So no dealer would take money out of their own pocket to cover a rebate if you don't qualify. Could they do that to ensure the sale, sure...but then you probably could have haggled down to that price without the rebate then.

As far as them promising it, sure they can if they reasonably expect the car before the cutoff date. The only other thing is Power Dollars seem to be special program. It has run for what, almost 2 years now? Dealers probably expect it to be available each month. With COVID, Dodge may be offering dealers the option to reserve it since:

1. Sales are tanked across the board.
    2. They are trying to keep the assembly lines going and shutdowns are happening infrequently.

Those things definitely change the dynamic, but Power Dollars aren't the only rebates. USAA, TrueCar, various Credit Unions all offer rebates through Dodge. These have the same kinds of restrictions and are subject to change. The dealer has to input them at the time of sale to verify their codes are active with Dodge, otherwise they don't get paid back for them.

Also I have never heard of a "local" rebate. Could be an example of a local bank or something having an agreement with the dealer. I'd wager 99% are through Dodge directly. A "rebate" offered by a dealer exclusively is probably a sign they intend to pad the OTD price, otherwise it would be called a discount lol.
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to look no farther than Dodge website for the restrictions on any rebate. For example, Power Dollars currently says "Must take retail delivery by 8/3/20". Bottom line if you do not have possession of the car by then, you do not qualify.

The way rebates work is the dealer is paid back for them by Dodge. So no dealer would take money out of their own pocket to cover a rebate if you don't qualify. Could they do that to ensure the sale, sure...but then you probably could have haggled down to that price without the rebate then.

As far as them promising it, sure they can if they reasonably expect the car before the cutoff date. The only other thing is Power Dollars seem to be special program. It has run for what, almost 2 years now? Dealers probably expect it to be available each month. With COVID, Dodge may be offering dealers the option to reserve it since:

1. Sales are tanked across the board.
    2. They are trying to keep the assembly lines going and shutdowns are happening infrequently.

Those things definitely change the dynamic, but Power Dollars aren't the only rebates. USAA, TrueCar, various Credit Unions all offer rebates through Dodge. These have the same kinds of restrictions and are subject to change. The dealer has to input them at the time of sale to verify their codes are active with Dodge, otherwise they don't get paid back for them.

Also I have never heard of a "local" rebate. Could be an example of a local bank or something having an agreement with the dealer. I'd wager 99% are through Dodge directly. A "rebate" offered by a dealer exclusively is probably a sign they intend to pad the OTD price, otherwise it would be called a discount lol.
    Thank you for your response. I still stand by my own personal experience. Local was a bad term. Military, USAA, discounts are two that I’m referencing. USAA May offer $1K this month but increase to $1500 the following month. I’ve never had a dealer lie and say they can lock those in.

I’m very aware of the Dodge website, but I still will just stick with my own personal experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

2020 order deadline

Quote Originally Posted by kyoung05 View Post
    Hi, when you say $45,985 OTD, do you mean inclusive of all taxes and fees? If so that seems like a great deal since sales tax alone for CA can be upwards of 10%, meaning the sales price would be low $40’s, or about $10k off MSRP? Also, I’m assuming this price takes into consideration the $4,850 Power Dollars rebate - did they let you lock this in at the time of order?I’ve been shopping for a 2020 Charger Scat Pack (both Wide and non-wide body) recently as well, and finding that most dealers aren’t willing to discount much off MSRP due to recent limited inventory. So, you can still get the Dodge Power Dollars rebate, but not much else. I’ve found a few dealers who will place an order for 4% below invoice, but they’ve said that they couldn’t lock in the Power Dollars rebate on new builds since it may not be active at the time of delivery which can be 6-7 weeks.
    Sorry I missed this question. Yes out the door!! Yes that includes the power dollars and the dealers own discounts. I shopped 6 or so dealers and none of them were UNWILLING to deal. I love all forums for the wealth of info, and I see ppl saying dealers won’t deal cuz of Covid and no cars on the lot. Well, not the case for me. None of the dealers had any Scatpacks. 0! And they all dealed with no fuss. I’m not an expert auto industry guy, but I have an extensive background in finance, budget, negotiating and awarding multi million dollar contracts —sometimes a company just wants to sell, especially after months of not selling. They’d rather sell something and make a few dollars than nothing at all. Again ..my own personal experience

Last edited by warv3t; 07-28-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your response. I still stand by my own personal experience. Local was a bad term. Military, USAA, discounts are two that I’m referencing. USAA May offer $1K this month but increase to $1500 the following month. I’ve never had a dealer lie and say they can lock those in.

I’m very aware of the Dodge website, but I still will just stick with my own personal experiences.

Unfortunately I have had to deal with plenty of lying, swindling, dishonest dealers. When I bought my SP, the sales manager said he could not accept a USAA (actually through TrueCar) rebate, and the price we had negotiated on the car was final. When I told him I knew how rebates work and he could either put it in or I'd walk, he changed tune. You can read a few horror stories on here.

Bottom line, get a price in writing from a dealer and have them sign it (preferably the sales manager). If they don't honor it at time of pickup/sale, be prepared to walk. That way it doesn't really matter about rebate restrictions. There may be better rebates when you pick it up anyway.
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like

2020 order deadline

Unfortunately I have had to deal with plenty of lying, swindling, dishonest dealers. When I bought my SP, the sales manager said he could not accept a USAA (actually through TrueCar) rebate, and the price we had negotiated on the car was final. When I told him I knew how rebates work and he could either put it in or I'd walk, he changed tune. You can read a few horror stories on here.

Bottom line, get a price in writing from a dealer and have them sign it (preferably the sales manager). If they don't honor it at time of pickup/sale, be prepared to walk. That way it doesn't really matter about rebate restrictions. There may be better rebates when you pick it up anyway.
    Totally agree with that!!!! I have this art of negotiating where I’m extremely kind. I’m like that when awarding contracts at work too. I politely ask the salesman to get the sales manager and I talk directly to him/her. Most times, the salesman isn’t equipped to talk, as you surely know. I ended up getting all my quotes/estimates in writing. In all cases, directly from the same manager cuz I did it all via email. But if I’m screwed when the car comes, I’ll man up and come back to admit it on here.

The only discount they didn’t include was my USAA discount. They said they’d factor that when the car comes in. But they all have line item for manufacturer rebate and dealer discount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree with that!!!! I have this art of negotiating where I’m extremely kind. I’m like that when awarding contracts at work too. I politely ask the salesman to get the sales manager and I talk directly to him/her. Most times, the salesman isn’t equipped to talk, as you surely know. I ended up getting all my quotes/estimates in writing. In all cases, directly from the same manager cuz I did it all via email. But if I’m screwed when the car comes, I’ll man up and come back to admit it on here.

The only discount they didn’t include was my USAA discount. They said they’d factor that when the car comes in. But they all have line item for manufacturer rebate and dealer discount.

Yep I am friendly but firm. If they know you can afford the car, want to buy it, but are prepared to go elsewhere...they will definitely treat you differently than regular customer.

I think you'll be fine. If Slidd says he has seen on orders too, likely Dodge is giving extra consideration in this crisis to boost sales. Definitely update us, as this gives other potential buyers more knowledge (and leverage) if they buy during this time.
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes warv3t liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Update. It’s enroute from NY on rail. Says it will be in NC on 7/29. Last Friday, it said 8/2. It’ll take a week or more to catch a truck ride the last couple hours, is what I’m going to bank on. Last week paper said Brampton to a Jefferson on a shuttle 7/16 @ 248pm. Today’s paper shows Brampton to NY it left same day 532. It doesn’t mention Jefferson on today’s printout

Anyway. Not bad for a 7/8 order

Update: train broke down 100 miles from Winston Salem/last train stop in Roanoke VA. Says it’s repaired and will be there tomorrow evening. I just knew today’s update was gonna tell me it got there yesterday as planned. Oh well. All good. The real guessing game is the 100 mile truck transport to Raleigh, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    This was discussed on the Hellcat forum before....yes, the Power Dollars rebate can be locked in on a custom/sold order:
    Locking in power dollars rebate on a custom order | SRT Hellcat Forum
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is here. Still on the truck at dealership, so I haven’t seen it. I’m an hr away, but I assume I’ll have it Sat or Monday I guess. They had 15 in transit, so I’m not sure if they all came at once.

7/8 ordered
    7/15 built
    7/16 shipped with 7/24 - 8/7 delivery
    7/29 train broke down in VA/100 miles from final train stop
    8/4 arrived Winston Salem, NY rail yard
    8/5 unloaded from train
    8/6 truck left @ 1133, arrived 2pm same day

Likes snobrdrdan, Slidd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome news!

Less than a month to completion - way quicker than the 6-7 week turnaround I was expecting.
    Likes warv3t liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_8029.jpg
    Here it is

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast