Modern Muscle Performance Group

Thread: FiTech EFI

Post Thanks / Like

FiTech EFI

I posted this in wrong forum - admin can move it - sorry....

Just checking out what guys have heard or what you got to say bout this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZz6_CFdmT4

and their page

http://fitechefi.com/default.asp.pg-Products

Seems like an affordable way to make EFI working in your old car. Any saying about this?
    Thor From Sweden - SOLD
    There's no replacement for displacement. MEEP MEEP
    "Why are nordic people bat **** crazy??? Every car video from that part of the world is typically some older car, usually a Volvo, with enough power to bend space and time. They are up there with the Australians for the title of most rampant lunacy within an automotive crowd. I mean this with all due respect and admiration. It's just that I have a feeling that some dude in a viking hat is attempting to supercharge his SAAB with a hadron collider and will destroy the world by opening a black hole" // Ihazpower

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks fairly straight forward set up. Very similar to the EZ-EFI from FAST.
    "Hell Yeah" Build Underway - 2011 Challenger with Drag Pak Whipple + Hellcat Shortblock + Comp 274 and let it eat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there's some major differences electronics being built into the throttle body being one, and the $995 price tag being the other
    Thor From Sweden - SOLD
    There's no replacement for displacement. MEEP MEEP
    "Why are nordic people bat **** crazy??? Every car video from that part of the world is typically some older car, usually a Volvo, with enough power to bend space and time. They are up there with the Australians for the title of most rampant lunacy within an automotive crowd. I mean this with all due respect and admiration. It's just that I have a feeling that some dude in a viking hat is attempting to supercharge his SAAB with a hadron collider and will destroy the world by opening a black hole" // Ihazpower

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is an old Thread but has anyone tried one yet? I got a Stage 2 FRI 5.7 Hemi in my 68 Dodge Charger, Im getting really sick of the carb, it has no choke so runs horrible until it warms up, and even this with the 5 speed and ac it will not stay running at stop lights.

I have an exstra 6.1 intake manifold, thought about going EFI, but Im not sure its worth the extra work, and I like my 6 pack air cleaner.
    Frank Racing Inc

6.1 431 Stroker ( Fully Coated shortblock set up for Boost, 9.6 comp,), 5.7 Exstream heads w .030 Mill, 2300 Harrop RDP Blower, FRI Camshaft ATI Over Drive Pulley,Labonte Motorsports Meth Kit, Little Nitros Kit, Dynatech Headers/Cats with a SLP LM2 , Pro Torque 3400 Stall, SRT Rear end w/ 3.06 Gears and DSS Halfshafts

490 HP and 455 TQ Before Motor and Blower Baby

Best Run to Date...
    11.539 with a 1.599 60ft 4250 Race Weight at 117.58mph

Thanks to Steve AKA "Frank Racing", And Sohfast94! BAD A$$ Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the GO 4 600 in my 71 Cutlass with a mild 455 (230/236 duration @ .050, .030 overbore, dual plane intake, headers), ditched the Avenger and Edelbrock carbs and I aint looking back. Best $2k I've ever spent on a car. Had to put in a Tanks inc efi tank and electric pump, ran Fragola PTFE lines with Fragola -AN6 ends. Car starts everytime, warms up nice, no hesitation, no flat spots, no raw gas smell (usually), and can be tuned in the car without a laptop while on the go without getting covered in gasoline; the engine operates just like my 300. All that car needs now is more gear and a modern transmission.If you are looking for something to put on the 431, you may want to look for a mega squirt direct injection kit rather than the throttle body types of the EZ-EFI or Holley Sniper systems. But the throttle body kits will look more "stock" and fit in better, but then, there is a modern HEMI in it already, so that may be moot.

Post Thanks / Like
    The issue with this type of EFI on a Gen3 is getting a half way decent intake. The system works fine..but most of the G3 'carb' intakes compromise plenum size and/or runner length.

Your best bet is the OCP Dual Plane intake. Joe O'Cone was the first guy to run a carb Gen 3 and has developed a good product without compromises (unlike Indy and Edelbrock)

He used data from guys such as myself and dyno tested the combo so that it loses nothing vs the factory 5.7 intake.

Google OCP intake..you'll be happy you did.
    Last edited by Rat Patrol; 07-03-2017 at 06:19 AM.

The Rat Patrol
    .....Aussie 1971 Valiant Charger -
    3800 stall, Cope 727 trans..... 6.1 Gen3 SRT crate DUAL QUADS! - Eddy Intake, SRT Max Plus cam on 110 LSA, 3500 stall, 4.11 geats, 3650 lbs -
    11.7 @ 115.4 mph

Share This Thread