Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Throttle body spacer?

Silly question but i had to ask... Does putting a spacer in your throttle body, give you performance?

Post Thanks / Like
    snake oil
    Save your money

If you don't believe me just do a few google searches on the truth about throttle body spacers or do throttle body spacers really work.
    There are a few threads of people that did dyno testing and their results.

They look cool but thats about it.
    Last edited by BioHzrd; 01-02-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    2011 Dodge Challenger - 2006 Chrysler 300C - 1967 Dodge Charger

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no performance gains. But will make a good paper weight.
    2017 Challenger Scat Pack 6spd Torred. Mods: Mids and Resonators Delete, Dual Quad Tips, Windows Tinted, Hellcat Airbox, Fastman Throttlebody, H&R Lowering Springs, Barton Shifter w/Mr. Norms Pistol Grip, Per4mance Dev. IRS Differential Brace, Z Automotive Tazer, Speedlogix Front and Rear Strut Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Swaybars, Spohn Swaybar Endlinks, Downforce Solutions Front Half Splitters and Wickerbill, Diablo T2 EX Tuner w/unlocked PCM, Jay Greene Tune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BioHzrd View Post
    snake oil
    Save your money
    Really it not even a little gain? Lol

Thanks for your input won't be buying

Post Thanks / Like
    There was one on my car when I bought it. Only thing it did was make a cool noise when paired with an intake.
    05 Magnum RT

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there's your answer.
    WWW.DodgeMagnumGrille.com
    Quality.....Service.....Satisfaction

Makers of the "Original Honeycomb" & "True SRT" grilles for your SE,SXT or RT. Custom made grilles for your SRT Magnum also.

Post Thanks / Like
    The spacer works but I can save you $$...send me $50 and I will pray that your cars gains 10HP.....works just as good as the spacer for half the price....

Post Thanks / Like
    Well guys thanks for clarifying it for me.. I will not purchase it, salesman almost convinced me telling me it creates better air flow & hp gains up to 5-10 lol wow

Post Thanks / Like
    throttle body spacers worked back when cars still had the throttle body on top of the intake just like a carb spacer. now to get the same effect you need an upper intake spacer. and idk if that will even work on out cars but back when i had an LH some guys had made a 3/8" upper intake spacer and tested it out on a dyno and on the 3.5ho they gained 30ft.lbs over stock but at low rpms. just putting my .02 cents in.
    and dont ask for the link to the thread cuz i aint gonna dig for it. if you wanna find out do a search for upper intake spacer on dodgeintrepid.net and youll find it there
    '05 BB Maggie RT
    performance mods: SRT manifolds, jba catless mids, custom tune by Diablotoona, LMI Hammer
    mods completed: blinker mod, dome light mod, DIY no esp mod, 180* tstat, MDS on light.
    SRT catback with reso delete and 4"x18" polished SS tips.

http://www.hmmopars.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Fail
    2005 BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC MAGNUM R/T. MODS TO DATE:LMI CARBON FIBER HAMMER BLUE FILTER A LA CHRIS,BILLET TECH SATIN CATCH CAN. BLUE HOSES UNDER HOOD,DANKO LIP SPOILER FLAT BLACK,RED R/T ON GRILL AND REAR HATCH.BLACK BUMPER INSERTS AND BLACK SIDE MOULDING. VINYL DECALS MATTE BLACK HOOD STRIPES,TRUE SRT8 UPPER AND LOWER GRILL A LA DENNIS!!!!! RIP MAGNUM on 4/5/13. New ride 2015 challenger Srt392. All black emblems,hellcat airbox. 4/30/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Look4HemiRT View Post
    Silly question but i had to ask... Does putting a spacer in your throttle body, give you performance?
    Only if it has a spiral metal thingie in it to create a tornado going into the manifold.

Worlds first N/A stock motor LX Mopar 11sec.1/4mi. pass! Best SLB 11.660@117.63 1.70 60ft.
    Personal best time - heads, cam, ported intake, tune, 3,975#RW 11.071@126 1.51 60ft.

So far with 440 - 10.79 @ 128 mph

Billy Briggs 440 with Thiteks!
    Completed and installed at BFNY!
    Tamed at Hemituner Performance!

Post Thanks / Like
    +100rwhp and +20 mpg.
    2014 Nissan GT-R black edition. FBO E85 650 awhp

Tell your friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    +100rwhp and +20 mpg.
    almost adds the same amount of power and mileage as a k&n and a flowmaster decal on the side window.
    '05 BB Maggie RT
    performance mods: SRT manifolds, jba catless mids, custom tune by Diablotoona, LMI Hammer
    mods completed: blinker mod, dome light mod, DIY no esp mod, 180* tstat, MDS on light.
    SRT catback with reso delete and 4"x18" polished SS tips.

http://www.hmmopars.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you'll get better gains with an electric turbo kit and straight pipe exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread