Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Ok I was bored. The RWD tube is different from the AWD tube... completely. Different part number, different appearance.

I'd lay odds someone replaced your tube with the RWD one instead of the AWD one thinking "it's a Hemi, they're all the same".

If someone else has an AWD and measured their tube from the block where it goes into the engine to the top of the tube, I'd lay money there's an inch difference over the tube you have.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Just looked, it is indeed the AWD tube with the sharp bend in it like the picture above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaMagnum View Post
    Just looked, it is indeed the AWD tube with the sharp bend in it like the picture above.
    Had a hard time posting a pic- but this should do it.

The dipstick tube is correct, the sticks correct. It’s a AWD oil pan from the photo I matched up online (Autozone and advance). I can’t lift the car to see he stamp though, not yet.

imagehosting sitet

Post Thanks / Like
    On '60s-'80s Mopar it's very common for stick to read wrong.
    I believe its got to do with how far the tube is pressed into block, pan gasket thickness, and on big blocks whether or not you've got a windage tray.
    Windage tray thickness and extra gasket lower the oil pan.
    Some experts suggest parking the car on level ground and draining the pan, leave the filter installed.
    Then refill the pan with the correct amount of oil minus 1 quart, wait for it to settle in the pan, then check the stick.
    If it's marked wrong, make your own mark on the stick, you can use a file, or even drill a tiny hole.
    This is your one quart low mark. repeat the process after adding a quart and letting it settle, this is your full mark.
    Ignore the marks on your stick, for whatever reason, THEY ARE WRONG!
    This isn't rocket science1
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaMagnum View Post
    Had a hard time posting a pic- but this should do it.

The dipstick tube is correct, the sticks correct. It’s a AWD oil pan from the photo I matched up online (Autozone and advance). I can’t lift the car to see he stamp though, not yet.

imagehosting sitet
    Yup ..that's a 2005 345 Hemi. The 05' was the only year to use the aluminum valve covers on a LX chassis. Same for the cross over wasted spark plug wires. That all went away in 2006 with the new coil design. FYI even if they used a truck short block as a replacement they would have to had swapped to your AWD oil pan it would still take 7 qts of oil. Not that it matters if a block came out of a car or a RAM being they all are the same block casting. If they swapped an Eagle 345 into it (which clearly this is not) it too would only use 7qts of oil. And lastly if they really got crazy.....found a SRT 392 ...pulled its crankshaft, swapped reluctor rings, locked the cam phaser and shoved it into your Magnum it would still need only...you guessed it 7qts of oil.
    Last edited by 4DoorMuscle; 03-16-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    Thanks pursuitlx thanked for this post
    Likes pursuitlx liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234