Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Guys, this sounds like a fairly common issue, especially with the TSB and dealerships obligated to replace the fuel tank for free. My question is can this happen spontaneously at any time, or is it a flaw in only some fuel tanks? I have all this info and TSB saved for future reference, but my '05 RT AWD has never had this problem. Should I be concerned it could happen at any time? I hesitate to bring the car in and get this work done only to have the dealership mess up something else. It always seems to happen!
    It happens when fuel enters the evap canister, in liquid form. The solenoid can't and isn't designed to purge liquid. The network sees this as a blockage and shuts down the engine. It is not a "design flaw" that randomly leads to stalling. There are conditions that need to be met.

Early build LX's did not have a replaceable evap canister, so the entire tank needs replaced.

If they give you static, it is under WARRANTY, not TSB, in the system. Original owners will have received a letter, regarding this matter.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bob, but my question remains; with over 100k km on the odometer and the '05 now being over 13 years old, and never having had this issue before, can this stalling problem spontaneously occur at any time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Thanks Bob, but my question remains; with over 100k km on the odometer and the '05 now being over 13 years old, and never having had this issue before, can this stalling problem spontaneously occur at any time?
    Short answer, no.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey on a random note. I had a similar issue. A loss com with pc and p0700 code just means that the car shut off without you turning the key. Lol could be for anything but in my situation it was from the spark plug coils. Just felt I'd share my diagnostics. Will only stall at operating temperature or at 190 degrees or above , at random worse when its wet out, the operating temp is a dead giveaway because the coils heat up and short internally send power to ground on the cpus driver circuit rendering the pcm unconscious. Ye

Post Thanks / Like
    Easy way to find out get car to operating temp and start unplugging coils when you plug the bad one back in the car will stall immediately

Post Thanks / Like
    Crank sensor and or cam sensor can have these same systems. Just stops running at a stop sign...

Sent from my SM-T377V using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    had to have my tank replaced this winter. I bought the car 3 years ago, I'm the 3rd owner, currently at 76k miles. It stalled once after filling up a year ago and I didn't know why or anything about it. Then this last winter it would do it every time I filled up. The key is to keep the rpms above 2000 if you fill up to keep it from dying. Anyway, called the dealer they ordered the tank and replaced it. My only problem is they drained my almost full tank into a container that had 3 gallons of E85 in it that was supposed to be disposed of. Got the car back and it smoked on startup, had no power at 1st but it was late and I just wanted to get home. Next day same thing but went to work. Car threw an 02 code on the way home. Called dealer, they figured out what they did. Took the car back, they drained the tank, flushed it ran 4 gallons of fresh Chevron threw it. Then filled it full with Chevron after they were satisfied they fixed it. Gave me a free rental car to use. Car has been fine and great ever since.
    Likes diboblo liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12