Post Thanks / Like

Magnum Headlight options

What’s everybody running for aftermarket headlights on their Magnums that aren’t crazy expensive but work? I’ve been looking for a clean set of SXT black surround headlights for $100 or so but haven’t found any besides a few on the Bay,but between the shipping and broken mounting tabs ect I figured maybe I’d go aftermarket. Any decent companies out there? I’m running tinted GTS light covers at the moment because my stock R/T lights are pretty weathered. Thanks.
    2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils,..Dropped Valve..rebuild...6.1 springs,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners throughout,Sidewinder cam,Comp Cams pushrods,Tune by Johan,Taylor 8.2 shortys,Speedlogix catch can,BT Batwing and engine bling,BT pink thingy,Scat Pack wheels,245/45/20,RKSPORT Viper ACR hood,full Volant SS cat back,AFE Magnum Force CAI,R1 Concepts black slotted/drilled rotors F/B,ceramic pads,DC Strut tower brace,Bitchin pistol grip shifter
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda
    1976 340 Pro Street Plymouth Arrow
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Red R/T View Post
    What’s everybody running for aftermarket headlights on their Magnums that aren’t crazy expensive but work? I’ve been looking for a clean set of SXT black surround headlights for $100 or so but haven’t found any besides a few on the Bay,but between the shipping and broken mounting tabs ect I figured maybe I’d go aftermarket. Any decent companies out there? I’m running tinted GTS light covers at the moment because my stock R/T lights are pretty weathered. Thanks.
    3m makes a great kit that restores the plastic lens on headlights and works really well. It’s about $25, comes with a bunch of cleaners and compounds and attaches to a drill for ease of use. Give it a shot before spending the money if you are game...
    Thanks PhooBar, Little Red R/T thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I cleaned/polished mine once and they lasted another year or so. and since then replaced them with a set from am-autoparts.com. They were an exact replacement and I believe the replacement set ran me $130.00 total. They also offer cats eye styles etc.

Tim in Fairfax
    05 RT, 186,000 miles and still smiling!
    Thanks Little Red R/T thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. When I was replacing the hood latch cable a while back I had the front fascia off and
    pulled the lights at the same time. Ended up polishing them with 600- 2000 grit and polishing them. They lasted for quite a while with a few polished but I’m over it lol. So I figured since I wanted to go away from the factory silver anyway I’d replace them. I appreciate it though.
    2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils,..Dropped Valve..rebuild...6.1 springs,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners throughout,Sidewinder cam,Comp Cams pushrods,Tune by Johan,Taylor 8.2 shortys,Speedlogix catch can,BT Batwing and engine bling,BT pink thingy,Scat Pack wheels,245/45/20,RKSPORT Viper ACR hood,full Volant SS cat back,AFE Magnum Force CAI,R1 Concepts black slotted/drilled rotors F/B,ceramic pads,DC Strut tower brace,Bitchin pistol grip shifter
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda
    1976 340 Pro Street Plymouth Arrow
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins
    Likes Tdola liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've found the aftermarket replacements to have a shorter life on the coating and bulb sockets to be inferior.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, 383 Stroker/SRT heads,headers and mids,, Tranny cooler with fan control, built tranny/flex plate/4K conv,09 Chally rear with Quaife posi. Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!
    Likes Little Red R/T liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I concur with some of the comments already made. My previous vehicle was a Magnum, and I bought an aftermarket (Spyder) set of headlights. They worked OK, but the quality was nowhere as good as oem. The LED strips didn't last long. Also, the clearcoat on the lens housings became oxidised and patchy after a few years. I remedied this with 2000 wet and dry, and plastic polish but I did not re-clearcoat. This meant having to polish them every few months, as the lens would re-oxidise. But, the biggest problem with the aftermarket headlights was the physical fit. I had to add rubber strips here and there between the headlight housings and fenders. If you can afford the have the car off the road for a few days, reworking the headlights you have is the best bet. If you can't, then do what I did with my current car (2014 Charger). Buy the cheapest used set of headlights you can find (scratched to hell/broken tabs), and and fit them while you work on the other set. You can either keep them as spares in case you want to do further upgrades every now and then, or clean them up and sell them on.
    Thanks Little Red R/T thanked for this post
    Likes Tdola liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy aftermarket if they last a few years awesome. I have many old cars and they last and fit well for me. If they don’t I send them back. Why get a busted up old own pair when in less than 60 minutes you can change out these magnum headlights and it will only cost $139 for aftermarket.