Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Will a 5.7 fit in the trunk of a magnum?

Anyone tried to fit a complete (oil pan to intake) 5.7 in the trunk of a Magnum? I feel like the hardest part will be getting it in there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T: K&N CAI, SRT headers, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, 180 degree t-stat, Diablo Trinity T1000, 300 SRT rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say yes although you may have to tip it to one side as it may not fit straight up and down (vertical).
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Thanks ChoochG thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely borrow a friend's truck. Seems like everyone you know has a truck anyway

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    05' Magnum R/T HEMI Registry #889 CAI, JBA Ceramic shorties-CATless, MTCM, Predator , MDS, ESP, 3.06 Getrag swap, HALOS
    Aus liebe zum Automobile "Out of Love for the Automobile"

Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't! You're going to tear the crap out of your interior doing that - getting it in and out. Worst case scenario if you don't know someone with a truck - go to Home Depot and rent one of their small trucks for an hour (like $20 I believe). Save your Magnum!
    Likes 2005rtmag liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The floor of the Magnum's trunk area is not designed to support that much weight I'm sure. You will do more than $500 damage to your car. Please rent a truck if you don't have a friend with one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Truck it is. Thanks guys.

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T: K&N CAI, SRT headers, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, 180 degree t-stat, Diablo Trinity T1000, 300 SRT rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I was hoping this thread was going to be about a rear engine conversion!
    Likes Jay Z, Marlaman, pursuitlx, Hemihackman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by never-enough View Post
    And I was hoping this thread was going to be about a rear engine conversion!
    Lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    It will and not an issue at all. Sold a 6.1 complete to a magnum Owner. I suggested he take out the tray and folding floor, load the area with cardboard and some wood. Using a engine hoist, we loaded it in sideways and placed it in the tire wheel and leaned it forward. Using cardboard and wood blocks, it did not move after a 7hr drive back home. No damage to the Magnum...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 04-29-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Johnsand liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    IT will and not an issue at all. Sold a 6.1 complete to a magnum Owner. I suggested he take out the tray and folding floor, load the area with cardboard and some wood. Using a engine hoist, we loaded it in sideways placed it in the tire wheel and leaned it forward. Using cardboard and wood blocks, it did not move after 7hr drive. No damage to the Magnum...
    Awesome, thanks for the info! Already drove the truck at this point but I'll keep that in mind for future projects. You the man, Hemmisary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I once put a diesel engine in a Dodge Magnum: it was a '78 Magnum, I removed the passenger seat and slid the crated motor up a ramp into the car. At home I used a come along from the rafters in the garage. No cars or engines were harmed in making this move.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsand View Post
    I once put a diesel engine in a Dodge Magnum: it was a '78 Magnum, I removed the passenger seat and slid the crated motor up a ramp into the car. At home I used a come along from the rafters in the garage. No cars or engines were harmed in making this move.
    History-- I put a 440 in the trunk of a '70 Challenger- once.
    2005 MAGNUM R/T
    JBA headers, Blastin Bobs 9db pipes,, Stack Performance strut brace, Stack performance chubby sway bars ,SRT springs ,Bilstein struts & shocks, Getrag 3.91,, Cams solid rear cradle bushings, Blue Tops, BT Catch Can. Other BT goodies.
    2012 Challenger 392 SRT (Wife)
    Likes Johnsand, ChoochG liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I once hauled a 455 Pontiac short block in the trunk of my 70 Mustang Fastback, from the salvage yard, and to and from a machine shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    It might make for an interesting thread - some of those cockamamie / crazy / outlandish things we did around building engines, destroying engines, etcetera (no dumbazz racing BS) when we were younger and stupider...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Johnsand liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Younger and dumber, but also stronger and poorer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast