Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable, junkyard guy building a Scat Pack Magnum ...

Youtube guy making a "Scat Pack" Magnum, bolting in the entire front cradle, engine suspension and all from a wrecked Challenger Scat Pack. Not only that, but bolted on the entire dash, HVAC and all from a Challenger as well! Bolts right in!

This is going to be an amazing build to follow!

Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!
    Thanks 2005rtmag thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Been thinking about doing this with a hellcat motor. Nice to know everything bolts right up

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    If everything bolted right up we would have been buying up totaled Hellcat front clips and swapping them in years ago, Modern Muscle and HHP would've made a killing on swap kits.

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what Dan is referring to is that the underlying chassis has hardly changed. Both front rear suspension assemblies for-sure are a simple bolt-in and I'm not surprised at all about the dash assembly simply bolting into place.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 11-19-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the fact the guy cleans as he installs stuff.

Good find Dan!
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently Sound German Engineering has finally foolproofed the 8 speed swap into the gen1 cars now. I have one sitting in garage...hmm. Before it was common practice to just use the nag1 with a 6.4l swap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 BB Chrysler 300C 6.4l Swap
    Tuned By Chris At Hotwireauto, SRT Exhaust/Dynamax Race Bullets, 6&4 Piston Brembos, Lmi V2, Tranzformer, BT Catch Can, SRT Wheels, Street Edge Coilovers, SPC Upper Control Arms/Rear Bushings
    Likes MikuhlBrian liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt many folks have any idea the original LX series platform is essentially the W210 hydro-formed chassis.

Literally...the platform has changed very little - right up to current model year platform.

It'll be interesting to read how this "sudden realization" takes off :^D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    I think what Dan is referring to is that the basic frame has not changed. Both front rear suspension assemblies for-sure are a simple bolt-in and I'm not surprised at all about the dash assembly.
    Yep, not surprised either - especially since in 1st gen form they (Magnum and Challenger) used the same dash, right? The structure behind it likely didn't change over the generations, but I am just guessing here.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Yep, not surprised either - especially since in 1st gen form they (Magnum and Challenger) used the same dash, right? The structure behind it likely didn't change over the generations, but I am just guessing here.

Richard
    Same-looking dash between first LXs and later - first Challenger? That I don't know. The underpinnings - yes, including the front and top glass (I have a Challenger sunroof in the Magnum).

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    progressing ... on to the rear cradle swap ...

Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!
    Thanks 07RT thanked for this post
    Likes Magnoom, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is so awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    I've watched both videos so far, pretty damn cool.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2007 R/T, long tubes, off road mids, borla atak exhaust. Inertia cnc big valve heads, inertia raging trojan cam, D1SC procharger 6.1 srt aluminum intake, mopar performance tcm, Trufiber Carbon Fiber SRT8 hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's very coincidental finding this post, as I've been driving a 12 SRT Charger for a couple months now and thinking to myself I'd love to shove everything in this car into my wagon...
    Likes 07RT liked this post

behind the wheel of magnum in the fast lane
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh, I had just talked myself into not bothering with the expense of finding a newer wrecked SRT charger to pull everything out of and try to swap into my 05 magnum and instead just doing a build... now it looks like I am back to looking for a totalled 6.4L charger...
    Likes Magnoom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
    Ugh, I had just talked myself into not bothering with the expense of finding a newer wrecked SRT charger to pull everything out of and try to swap into my 05 magnum and instead just doing a build... now it looks like I am back to looking for a totalled 6.4L charger...
    Why a 6.4? Why not go through the same effort with a wrecked 6.2? No more effort required...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 11-24-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast