Post Thanks / Like

I know I’ll catch some flack.....

But I’m curious if anyone has a lead on a decent push bar that wraps out to protect the headlights.
    There a disgusting number of deer where I’m at now, and I’m heading to work at 4-5am. I’d like a layer of protection for if/when one of them jumps in my lane when I’m doing 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The only ones were for the cop cars. Check with local police if there's a junkyard that takes their old chargers, check eBay, can your local junkyards.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with those wrap around is, not only do you have to replace the lights when you hit a deer, you have to replace the fenders too. Take it from an NC boy lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt a push bar, of any type, is going to cover enough of the possible impact scenarios. Slowing down just might be a better idea. From Consumer Reports:

• Slow down. Watch for deer especially around dawn and between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m., when they're most active.
    • Be aware. Look out for deer-crossing signs and wooded areas where animals are likely to travel. If you travel the same route to and from work every day, you may find deer consistently grazing in the same fields. Make a mental note of when and where you regularly see the animals.
    • Be alert. If you see an animal on the side of the road, slow down. At night when traffic permits, put on your high beams for improved visibility.
    • Brake, don’t swerve. Swerving to avoid an animal can put you at risk for hitting another vehicle or losing control of your car. It can also confuse the animal as to which way to go. Instead, just slow down as quickly and safely as you can. Your odds for surviving an accident are better when hitting an animal than hitting another car.
    • Assume they have friends. The “where there’s one, there’s usually more” often holds true. Deer travel in groups, so if you see one run across the road, expect others to follow.
    • Don’t rely on deer whistles. These are aftermarket devices that some drivers put on their front bumpers to scare off animals. But animal behavior remains unpredictable, even if you use one of these.
    • Buckle up. A seat belt is your best defense for minimizing your risk in a crash. An Insurance Institute for Highway Safety study found that 60 percent of the people killed in animal-vehicle collisions weren’t wearing their seat belts.

Last edited by Hemissary; 10-18-2020 at 10:55 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    wow when passing a truck on 17 south in brunswick county (2 lanes BTW) a dear was hit by the truck and somersaulted across my hood. But never touched my car. no matter what hemmisays there would be knowing how to escape that except pure luck. many of the LEO's here have them on their personal cars.

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 101.32 @ The Rock 4/19
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18

Post Thanks / Like
    jeeeze hemisorry you know everything..

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 101.32 @ The Rock 4/19
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18
    Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Something is better than nothing. I don't care how careful and observant or slow you drive. Ive seen them come out of nowhere in daylight while the car was going 25mph and hit. Luck and fate. I used to hunt and know the Rut times here and can get nervous myself. When they are in chase run & chase mode they are not as cautious.

I have a LEO friend that has a department charger and a personal charger. We put one on his personal and its really stout. We had to pull the bumper cover and slip mounts over the hidden bumper with tabs that protrude through the bumper cover gap.

Heh, leave the side loops off and instead of dodging center the deer? I would rather replace a fender and light than grille, AC condenser, radiator, fans, maybe hood.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.4 PSI, Mustang-Dyno Tuned 418hp/430tq, 3.06:1, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes, Corsa CatBack, Bilstein Dampers, Catch Can, AlfaOBD enabled Sport Mode & SRT Pages, Fogs on w/High Beams, Add Reverse Cam & Auto Dimming & Tilt in Reverse Left Door Mirror.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzKing View Post
    jeeeze hemissary you know everything..
    That - was a cut / paste from CS; like slowing down - it's worth contributing to help prevent an accident / loss of life :^)

p.s. never EVER swerve in an attempt to avoid...its the number one cause of injuries / fatalities during encounters with wildlife on the road...

Edit: I too have had deer strikes over the years (three); last incident was 2014-JUL-19 around dusk :^(

Last edited by Hemissary; Yesterday at 02:41 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate all the input. I’m just trying to find an extra layer of protection for my 04:30 trips to work on 60mph speed limit country roads.
    I’d rather replace a couple genders than have to get a new radiator and ac condenser

Post Thanks / Like
    A big buck deer slammed into the side of my car at night at 35mph within the city limits of Peru, NE. Avoiding a deer is usually impossible. Smashed the front driver's side fender and door and his horns left marks on the window of my 86 Monte Carlo SS when we were eyeball to eyeball momentarily. Luckily for me, the window glass didn't break or I may have been injured.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heads up.
    The Setina has a different part number for the Magnum and the Charger.

If you do end up with a push bar I recommend installing additional lights on it.

or

spotlight.

I had a retired squad car back in the day with a spotlight. It was great to shine up the area when going camping and setting up the tent.
    Also when driving in the middle of nowhere I would stay in the middle of the two lane road and point the spot at the edge of the road for some more additional visibility.

Most importantly during the season and at dusk drive under the limit and be very cautious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnglerRT View Post
    I appreciate all the input. I’m just trying to find an extra layer of protection for my 04:30 trips to work on 60mph speed limit country roads.
    I’d rather replace a couple genders than have to get a new radiator and ac condenser

Good call. My buddy had (has again too) a Grand Cherokee ecodiesel. He hit one going 60ish and it totalled the car. Luckily insurance covered it but that was a very expensive accident.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Way back when, 2009 maybe, I had a coyote commit suicide on the front of my Magnum. AC condenser, trans cooler, fascia and underpinnings all had to be replaced. Wile E. would have gone under a push bar...