Post Thanks / Like

Bearings in strut mount?

Hi there,

I'm looking to get some strut mounts. I've never taken apart the suspension before. Does a stock 2006 Magnum R/T suspension have bearings in the strut mount? I am asking because I am considering the Moog strut mounts, but there is a note on RockAuto saying that it excludes bearings.

Pic for reference:

Thanks,

Chris.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
    2006 MRT, Blaze Red Crystal Pearl (PRH), Upgraded Rear Police Brakes, Mopar Police Wheels with Continental ContiPureContact, Stock Rims with Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80, Danko Predator Grille, BT Catch Can, LMI AirHammer, EGR disabled, 91 tune, H8 battery (AC Delco 49AGM).

Post Thanks / Like
    No there are no bearings

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Thanks chrismah thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe there are bearings like roller bearings, but there is a rubber isolator and a steel sleeve inside it that the strut shaft goes through and then you put the nut on it. The rubber can wear out and cause noise over bumps.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Thanks chrismah thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    I don't believe there are bearings like roller bearings, but there is a rubber isolator and a steel sleeve inside it that the strut shaft goes through and then you put the nut on it. The rubber can wear out and cause noise over bumps.
    Thanks for confirming. I'll be replacing the rubber isolators as well. I just couldn't tell from the parts manual whether a bearing was part of the strut mount. I'm learning on the fly...

2006 MRT, Blaze Red Crystal Pearl (PRH), Upgraded Rear Police Brakes, Mopar Police Wheels with Continental ContiPureContact, Stock Rims with Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80, Danko Predator Grille, BT Catch Can, LMI AirHammer, EGR disabled, 91 tune, H8 battery (AC Delco 49AGM).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismah View Post
    Thanks for confirming. I'll be replacing the rubber isolators as well. I just couldn't tell from the parts manual whether a bearing was part of the strut mount. I'm learning on the fly...

Sure thing...happy to help. You can just buy the part in the picture in your first post...it is the "bearing" and mount all in one...I could have been a little more concise when I used "rubber isolator"...which normally means the rubber "spacer" between the strut cap (in your picture) and the coil spring. I have yet to see one of those go bad.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.