Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrytotin View Post
    So I discovered something pretty cool today when googling steering wheel restorations. You can actually use a Mr. cleans magic eraser to help those old Lx shiny steerin wheels that looks like crap.

IT WORKS! I just did it on my magnum srt wheel. Check it.

Here’s he before. Super shiny , not looking very good.

And here’s the after.

Even with the flash on it looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this, I tried it yesterday and the results were amazing. I also finished it with some leather conditioner. I have more grip on the wheel so this is very functional too.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    Thanks for this, I tried it yesterday and the results were amazing. I also finished it with some leather conditioner. I have more grip on the wheel so this is very functional too.
    Right? I probably should have done that with a conditioner. It’s already kinda gone back a little shiny. But I’m gonna detail the car again soon. So I’ll make sure to do that.

Likes BM_SRT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the swap. I lost functions of my steering wheel controls. ( I didn't want to mold them to the 2nd gen wheel) But it REALLY updates the interior.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - HC 20X9/10 - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -
    Likes 5280SRT8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ENUF PWR View Post
    I did the swap. I lost functions of my steering wheel controls. ( I didn't want to mold them to the 2nd gen wheel) But it REALLY updates the interior.

So was there a difference in the steering shaft? Did you have to do anything specific ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Huge difference in the shaft. I followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread. Grind / test fit / grind.... repeat. The airbag is the next tricky part and also getting the horn to work.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - HC 20X9/10 - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ENUF PWR View Post
    Huge difference in the shaft. I followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread. Grind / test fit / grind.... repeat. The airbag is the next tricky part and also getting the horn to work.
    Dang. Well that seems like just too much work lol , don’t think I’ll be planning on doing this anymore. Oh well. I may just send in my extra srt steering wheel for a new cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I didn't have to give a freaking kidney for an updated steering wheel, I'd try this in a heartbeat. I just bought a brand new 06-08 leather wrapped one off eBay for $140 and put it on but the horn/airbag area on these cars is CHEEEEESY!!! I had just the crappy rubber one so this is somewhat of an improvement.
    Last edited by Ultrakla$$ic; 08-20-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    2006 Dodge Daytona (Top Banana #3494)
    1-7/8" MAXIMIZER Longtube headers w/hiflow cats/Corsa Sport Catback/CAI/EGR delete/170* thermostat w/tweaked duty cycle
    Eibach Sportlines/Leather R/T steering wheel w/EVIC controls/91 octane tune by Johan

Post Thanks / Like
    Note the steering wheel controls.

05 Magnum AWD SXT Hemi Swap
    instagram.com/hemisxt
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsSXT View Post
    Note the steering wheel controls.

I think I saw somewhere that you molded the seat warming buttons to the shift bezel?

If so, not surprised that you tackled the buttons. Looks great!

FYI, just followed you on IG

2006 300 SRT8
    Accuair Equipped
    Avant Garde F431 (Electron Blue)
    IG: @bagged_srt

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Share This Thread