Post Thanks / Like

Anyone consider a vehicle tracker ever?

Vehicle theft ramps up in my area, as I get ready to put the 08 charger back on the road I can't help but be nervous, especially since it'll have a custom paint job. It's not a hemi (read an article on here about how the hemis are a common theft target), just a 3.5 mostly unmodded except the suspension, but I considered maybe getting a tracker for my own peace of mind. Anyone else do the same? Am I being too worried? TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're that worried about the car getting jacked it shouldn't be on the road. GPS beacons are not hard devices to defeat.

Bone Stock motor w/ Hoosier bias-ply up front and MT ET Street R in the rear: ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000
    Not Stock: Who knows...

Post Thanks / Like
    If the thief wants he will take it no matter what you anti theft device you add.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    There’s tons of options out there. Some low buck options work well.
    Obviously it not going to stop anyone (though a window decal may make them skip your car) but you will be able to recover the vehicle faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Lo-Jack saved my truck from going for tacos. It was stolen out of a parking lot in Phoenix and recovered in Tucson 2.5 hours later. Once we reported the truck stolen it turned on the system, the Highway patrol have an alert device in their cars.

I didn't even know I had it as the previous owner had it installed and didn't tell me.
    2012 300 SRT8: 22" Vossen wheels, Nitto 420 265/35/22 front and 295/30/22 rear, SLP Bigmouth II exhaust, Tuned by Hemifever, Mishimoto 180° stat, Legmaker Tru CAI.
    I am silently correcting you're gramar and speling.
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter has one that plugs into the obd it was like $70 from Best Buy and tells if the car is started and tracks it. It’s pretty cool. It sends Alerts when the cars starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    If youre really want to keep an eye on it. Find one that you can set up a geofence. Then set up the boundaries around your house and work. Once turned on, if your car goes outside that bounary, it will send you an alert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Streeteagle Professional, Great system with a ton of features. Anything that plugs into your DLC is not worth buying.
    StreetEagle Features

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    My daughter has one that plugs into the obd it was like $70 from Best Buy and tells if the car is started and tracks it. It’s pretty cool. It sends Alerts when the cars starts

Does it give her up when speeding?

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 101.32 @ The Rock 4/19
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not suggest lojack. A third party like Ping or something else that you can view the location of is much better, imo. For lojack to work, the officer's vehicle needs to be equipped with a lojack tracker detecting device. Of the 3 agencies I've worked for I've probably seen a total of 20 cars (and 1 plane) equipped with the tracker detecting device.

2006 Magnum RT, eagle heads, 6.1 cam, 6.4 intake, SRT headers, Magnaflow catback, custom tune by Hemifever, SRT rims
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T: K&N CAI, SRT headers, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, 180 degree t-stat, Diablo Trinity T1000, 300 SRT rims.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone consider a vehicle tracker ever?

Quote Originally Posted by CruzKing View Post
    Does it give her up when speeding?
    She learned the hard way not to speed. Got caught doing 115 down i95 in Georgia. Thrown in jail. She was 16 at the time. The one phone call was to me and I went off on her. The call was so loud that the sherif could hear. When he got back on the phone he said “sir, it seems that your gonna punish her a whole lot more then we could “. He let her off with a freakin warning !!!
    Unbelievable in this day and age but true.

Just seen that it was you who posted that. Dick. Call me