Post Thanks / Like

New 2005 Magnum RT Owner

Used to be a Challenger owner, but couldn't resist this beauty @ only 38K miles. My first two orders of business: Crank Position Sensor needs replacing, can probably do that myself. However, I want to install a K&N Deep Oil Pan and replace fluid of course. I'm thinking dealer for AT service, any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you think you need a deep oil pan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    Why do you think you need a deep oil pan?
    The original owner gave it to me along with the appropriate corresponding gasket and filter. He claimed it would lower the fluid temperatures within. Since I need to have the fluid changed anyway I might as well have the new pan and filter installed while I'm at it. Couldn't hurt, right?

By the way, yours looks great! I'll take some pics under the hood of mine soon.
    Last edited by Formulator; 03-09-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard!
    I'm a recent '06 Magnum owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

We have a 2005 RT Magnum, too

IIRC, the crank position sensor is behind the starter. Kind of a pita. Had to do this on ours, a few years ago.

There's really no reason to go with a larger oil sump, if your driving street. We tow a camp trailer, to the Eastern Sierras, with no problems. Bone stock.

If you do your own maintenance, download your maintenance manual:

Maintenance, Service, and Parts Manuals | Chrysler 300 - Dodge Charger, Magnum, and Challenger

Enjoy!

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean a B&M deep oil pan for the transmission like this ? It adds 3 qts of atf to your nag1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 08toredrt View Post
    Do you mean a B&M deep oil pan for the transmission like this ? It adds 3 qts of atf to your nag1
    Yes that is the one, also came with the Wix 58845 filter and gasket. Thanks for catching the typo! The original owner never got around to installing it.

Thanks for the greetings everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO, you cannot have too much tranny fluid. I have a pan like this on my 01 2500 4x4 Cummins with the notorious 48 tranny. 18 years, 100K mi. hauling horses at 7000' and up. Tranny is still intact.