Post Thanks / Like

Am I just having really bad luck?

So I purchased a 2019 Charger Scatpack on 4/23/2019 from Ourisman Dodge in Bowie MD. I live in Pittsburgh which is about 4-5 hours away, but they had the car I was looking for in the color I wanted. So we talked back and forth and agreed on a price and I hopped in the car and started making the drive. I was told all the paperwork would be done and I would just have to sign some papers and it shouldn't take more than an hour. That probably would have been true if they had spelled my name right on all the paperwork. So everything had to be reprinted and redone so it took well over 2 and a half hours before I finally had the keys. The car was not touched by ANYONE at dealer as far as prep or detail is concerned. It was the dirtiest car I've ever purchased new. Hell, even some used ones were way cleaner. So not off to the best start but I have the car so I'm super happy. We start our journey home (got stopped by the CIA, another story for another day), and I notice the car alignment is off for sure. The steering wheel needs to be a few degrees to the left to make the car go straight. I don't care at this point I just want to get home and the car does make it home no problem. I don't tend to check tire pressures in brand new cars, but I actually drove home 300+ miles on tires filled to 60PSI. No TPMS warning so I had no idea the tires were almost double the recommended pressure and even exceeding the max pressure that is safe for these tires which is 51PSI.Finally able to look at the car in the daytime the very next day. It has some minor imperfections which is common on any new car. I have a DA polisher and can take care of those no problems. What I cannot fix is the 2 dents that were in my door. Had it been daytime at the dealer I would have noticed for sure, but after some back and forth they did agree to fix it. I was told they would send someone to my house to fix it and they would take care of everything. I waited 5 days and didn't hear anything. I called them back and told them that nothing has happened and I was told by them to go and get it done myself and they will reimburse me. Sure it's a pain in the ass but I can do that. So I make an appointment and they get fixed and the dealer does keep their word and they pay me back.Now on to the alignment issue. The car was off since day 1. Called dealer on 4/25/19 and got an appointment to bring it in the next week. I take the car in and pick it up later that day and it's still off. It feels slightly better but still not right. Goodyear offers a free alignment check so I take it to them and sure enough its way off. I didn't tell goodyear that it had been at the dealer at all. After a few minutes of taking the car back the mechanic comes out and asked if anyone has worked on this car. I told him yes the dealer attempted to do an alignment and I don't think it's fixed so I wanted a 2nd opinion. He tells me he could tell right away because the tie rods were beat to death to try to get this car straight. So this is where I am starting to get upset with this car. Fast forward to the next day I bring the alignment print out from Goodyear to the dealer. They agreed to do another alignment in a few days. Now I actually took it to another dodge dealer at first to try a different store. The other dealer REFUSED to do it. They said since the other dealer touched the alignment that dodge would not reimburse them for another one and I had to take it to the first dealer... SOOOOO I was denied warranty work 9 days into ownership? Yesterday was the 2nd alignment appointment. I drove it from the dealer IMMEDIATELY to a different independent tire shop that is very well know around Pittsburgh to be the best when it comes to anything wheel and tire related. I was willing to pay them to check it, but after explaining my story they did it for free. I got their print out and the alignment was worse than the first one. I didn't ask about anymore damage to the tie rods, but I have pictures from Goodyear so I can compare if needed. So this car has now been at a dealership for 3/10 days of me owning it. I have a 3rd appointment at a different dealer for next Monday. Under PA law Dodge has one more time to fix the issue or I can pursue lemon law. I have owned A LOT of cars in my life. I've never googled lemon law until a few days ago. This is my first American car I've ever purchased. I am coming from a Subaru WRX and other Japanese performance cars. I know American cars aren't built to any sort of standards of most foreign cars, but this is ridiculous. This dodge has been at the dealer more in 10 days than my WRX in 3 years. My WRX is also 400HP and nothing is left stock and it still doesn't break. Another issue with the car that I have not seen on any other scatpack is the exhaust tips are several inches different. One exhaust tip is about 1 inch under the bumper cutout and the other sticks out the back of the car by about 2 inches. Maybe this car just really isn't straight? I've driven to 2 different dealers to just look at every scatpack in stock and none looked like mine. I am really at a loss here. I've never ran into this many problems this early on which is really a shame because I want to LOVE this car. It's just not letting me. I wouldn't have drove 10+ hours across multiple states to buy this car if I didn't want to enjoy the hell out of it.Link to photos: Shared album - - Google PhotosApologize for the big wall of text. I had it spaced out, but the forum doesn't allow it
    Last edited by PGH_Scatpack; 05-07-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PGH_Scatpack View Post
    So I purchased a 2019 Charger Scatpack on 4/23/2019 from Ourisman Dodge in Bowie MD. I live in Pittsburgh which is about 4-5 hours away, but they had the car I was looking for in the color I wanted. So we talked back and forth and agreed on a price and I hopped in the car and started making the drive. I was told all the paperwork would be done and I would just have to sign some papers and it shouldn't take more than an hour. That probably would have been true if they had spelled my name right on all the paperwork. So everything had to be reprinted and redone so it took well over 2 and a half hours before I finally had the keys. The car was not touched by ANYONE at dealer as far as prep or detail is concerned. It was the dirtiest car I've ever purchased new. Hell, even some used ones were way cleaner. So not off to the best start but I have the car so I'm super happy. We start our journey home (got stopped by the CIA, another story for another day), and I notice the car alignment is off for sure. The steering wheel needs to be a few degrees to the left to make the car go straight. I don't care at this point I just want to get home and the car does make it home no problem. I don't tend to check tire pressures in brand new cars, but I actually drove home 300+ miles on tires filled to 60PSI. No TPMS warning so I had no idea the tires were almost double the recommended pressure and even exceeding the max pressure that is safe for these tires which is 51PSI.Finally able to look at the car in the daytime the very next day. It has some minor imperfections which is common on any new car. I have a DA polisher and can take care of those no problems. What I cannot fix is the 2 dents that were in my door. Had it been daytime at the dealer I would have noticed for sure, but after some back and forth they did agree to fix it. I was told they would send someone to my house to fix it and they would take care of everything. I waited 5 days and didn't hear anything. I called them back and told them that nothing has happened and I was told by them to go and get it done myself and they will reimburse me. Sure it's a pain in the ass but I can do that. So I make an appointment and they get fixed and the dealer does keep their word and they pay me back.Now on to the alignment issue. The car was off since day 1. Called dealer on 4/25/19 and got an appointment to bring it in the next week. I take the car in and pick it up later that day and it's still off. It feels slightly better but still not right. Goodyear offers a free alignment check so I take it to them and sure enough its way off. I didn't tell goodyear that it had been at the dealer at all. After a few minutes of taking the car back the mechanic comes out and asked if anyone has worked on this car. I told him yes the dealer attempted to do an alignment and I don't think it's fixed so I wanted a 2nd opinion. He tells me he could tell right away because the tie rods were beat to death to try to get this car straight. So this is where I am starting to get upset with this car. Fast forward to the next day I bring the alignment print out from Goodyear to the dealer. They agreed to do another alignment in a few days. Now I actually took it to another dodge dealer at first to try a different store. The other dealer REFUSED to do it. They said since the other dealer touched the alignment that dodge would not reimburse them for another one and I had to take it to the first dealer... SOOOOO I was denied warranty work 9 days into ownership? Yesterday was the 2nd alignment appointment. I drove it from the dealer IMMEDIATELY to a different independent tire shop that is very well know around Pittsburgh to be the best when it comes to anything wheel and tire related. I was willing to pay them to check it, but after explaining my story they did it for free. I got their print out and the alignment was worse than the first one. I didn't ask about anymore damage to the tie rods, but I have pictures from Goodyear so I can compare if needed. So this car has now been at a dealership for 3/10 days of me owning it. I have a 3rd appointment at a different dealer for next Monday. Under PA law Dodge has one more time to fix the issue or I can pursue lemon law. I have owned A LOT of cars in my life. I've never googled lemon law until a few days ago. This is my first American car I've ever purchased. I am coming from a Subaru WRX and other Japanese performance cars. I know American cars aren't built to any sort of standards of most foreign cars, but this is ridiculous. This dodge has been at the dealer more in 10 days than my WRX in 3 years. My WRX is also 400HP and nothing is left stock and it still doesn't break. Another issue with the car that I have not seen on any other scatpack is the exhaust tips are several inches different. One exhaust tip is about 1 inch under the bumper cutout and the other sticks out the back of the car by about 2 inches. Maybe this car just really isn't straight? I've driven to 2 different dealers to just look at every scatpack in stock and none looked like mine. I am really at a loss here. I've never ran into this many problems this early on which is really a shame because I want to LOVE this car. It's just not letting me. I wouldn't have drove 10+ hours across multiple states to buy this car if I didn't want to enjoy the hell out of it.Link to photos: Shared album - - Google PhotosApologize for the big wall of text. I had it spaced out, but the forum doesn't allow it
    Hey man,

Sorry you're having a bad experience. I'm in my 40's, and my 19 scat is also my first domestic. I've been a Honda / Nissan guy up until this point. Based on what you're going through, I think you're having extremely bad luck. No idea about the alignment or exhaust issue. Seems fishy. How many miles on the car when you took delivery?

I think if I was in your position, I'd probably push to get lemon qualification, get rid of your car, and then do a fresh factory order.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Thanks Jay Z thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthome View Post
    Hey man,Sorry you're having a bad experience. I'm in my 40's, and my 19 scat is also my first domestic. I've been a Honda / Nissan guy up until this point. Based on what you're going through, I think you're having extremely bad luck. No idea about the alignment or exhaust issue. Seems fishy. How many miles on the car when you took delivery?I think if I was in your position, I'd probably push to get lemon qualification, get rid of your car, and then do a fresh factory order. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    It had 10 miles on it when I first got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you contacted Dodge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    Have you contacted Dodge?
    Several times yes. As well as 3 local dealer and and dealer I bought it from. Everyone, including Dodge, is waiting to see what happens after Monday. It will be the final attempt to fix before lemon law comes into play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad luck, but dishonest dealer. I have owned two Chrysler 300C's and currently have a 2106 Challenger Hellcat. All were delivered in top condition.

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Hunter; 05-08-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    Likes 2005rtmag, Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Several times yes. As well as 3 local dealer and and dealer I bought it from. Everyone, including Dodge, is waiting to see what happens after Monday. It will be the final attempt to fix before lemon law comes into play.
    If the alignment was only issue, i'd be looking for some compensation of time/hassle and have them replace inner and outer tie rods with new alignment and try to forget the past

Post Thanks / Like
    Every dealer is different. They're not all a good representative of FCA. Even within the corporation, not all employees are a good representative of the company. Just the way it is and it's true with any manufacturer.

I've learned over the years, NEVER trust a car salesman. Some are good, honest people and many are not. I hope you've learned not to buy a car from a dealer that is 4-5 hours away from you. In the meantime, sure, have the car fixed(?) one more time at the dealer to qualify it for the Lemon Law. If it's not fixed, take it to a more local shop that you KNOW is good at alignment and have it fixed right, at your cost. After all, what did it cost you in value of YOUR time to bring it to that dealer. That is a one day round trip. What is that worth to you, and don't tell me it's about "principal". If it were me, I'd even take it to a good exhaust shop and have them realign the exhaust system. From there, go find a local dealer and introduce yourself. Tell them you found the right car at a dealer 4 hours away, but you'd like to be able to bring it to them for future warranty or repair needs. If they say that's fine, be done with it and enjoy your new Scat Pack.

I've had countless new Mopars over the years and they've ALL been a very good experience until my new Hell Cat. Even then, FCA is taking care of it, so I have no problem with that. Everyone screws up now and then in life, it's just a matter of how they handle the screw up.
    Last edited by Cuda SRT8; 05-15-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda fastback with 6.2 MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 5 speed and a Dana 60
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '05 Dodge Ram Daytona in GoManGo(5.7/automatic)
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in Indigo Blue
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Small update for anyone interested:Car failed its 3rd and final alignment from a different dealer this time. Called Dodge and was literally hung up on. It's a shame, but I am now exploring car options from other brands. I really did want to swap out for another Charger, but Dodge has no interest. Just going to let a lemon law attorney handle it from here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Small update for anyone interested:Car failed its 3rd and final alignment from a different dealer this time. Called Dodge and was literally hung up on. It's a shame, but I am now exploring car options from other brands. I really did want to swap out for another Charger, but Dodge has no interest. Just going to let a lemon law attorney handle it from here.
    Sorry you’re having so much trouble. I think something must have been damaged during delivery or something and they tried to fix it before you got it. I think the lemon law is applicable in this instance. I am disappointed that FCA didn’t help you more.

I gotta ask...what happened with the CIA?
    SCOTT57RT
    2007 RT Charger 5.7L - Black Crystal Pearl
    Mods: DiabloSport Predator - InertiaTuned, MagnaFlow CAT Back Exhaust, JBA High Flow Cats, JBA Headers, 185Tstat, 85mm CNC Throttle Body, 6psi-P1SC Procharger Supercharger, Blown Spartan Cam, 20x9 FR SRT8 Challenger Wheels/Nitto555G2, Mygig, BC Racing Coilovers, Willwood Brakes&Rotors, 3.06 Getrag

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds mostly like a very bad dealer. What dealer would sell a car without prepping it first? I've read that they pump up the tires for transport. Has anyone told you what would have to be done to get the alignment within specs? Do parts have to be replaced or what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hunter View Post
    Not bad luck, but dishonest dealer. I have owned two Chrysler 300C's and currently have a 2106 Challenger Hellcat. All were delivered in top condition.

Phil
    A 2106 Challenger? I thought only DeLorean's could time travel!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, your bashing pretty hard for an alignment issue that had the dealership done it right the first time, you'd be happy. With that said, NOT ALL DEALERSHIPS are created equal. And with that said, you weren't DENIED warranty, the other dealership already had their hands on the car and as far as Dodge is concerned, that dealership needs to make it right. What you've done has screwed yourself by taking it all over town. Did you not test drive the vehicle before signing the papers?? And as far as the car being dirty, well sounds to me you were in a hurry to get out of the dealership to begin with so again, thats on you as well as the dents in the door and the exhaust tips. NOT dodges problem, that was your problem the second you drove off the lot because of your hast. The way i read your post, all these issues could have been avoided had you not showed up to the dealership expected to sign papers and walk away. I've had 4 chargers so far and NOT one of them has been a problem and not one dodge dealership has given me problems with service. Again, not all dealerships are created equal so its not really fair to judge the entire lineup based on your one experience owning an american muscle car. Now thats my opinion.. like it or hate it. Now thats out of the way, Big congrats on one of dodges biggest secrets. These cars are awesome and welcome to the site. Edit: You Seriously have handled the situation wrong. Your going to claim lemon law over alignment issues?!?!? Sorry to sound harsh but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Last edited by Stevens12; 05-15-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    20% window tint Custom Wrap Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40r20