Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, no install yet, but I'm going to the track tonight to get my 11 sec N/A pass....if all goes as planned. Weather is perfect, expecting some negative DA. Gonna find out how hard I can get this thing to leave on the Nittos.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Likes agoristmike, Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    Well, no install yet, but I'm going to the track tonight to get my 11 sec N/A pass....if all goes as planned. Weather is perfect, expecting some negative DA. Gonna find out how hard I can get this thing to leave on the Nittos.
    Good luck and I'm looking forward to the slips!

Don't get your hopes too high for the NT05R's though. Even with all the reviews, I'm not impressed with mine. Hopefully your track has a little better prep, which may be the issue for me. I'll find out Feb 9 when I hit the Motorplex.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck man!

I wish that I could get to the track but Gainesville doesn't re-open until early Feb..
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    HC airbox/tube, 19 grille, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Post Thanks / Like
    You're all lucky. They closed our track :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Good luck and I'm looking forward to the slips!

Don't get your hopes too high for the NT05R's though. Even with all the reviews, I'm not impressed with mine. Hopefully your track has a little better prep, which may be the issue for me. I'll find out Feb 9 when I hit the Motorplex.

I'm running the 555r's. I love these tires. Perfect for the street and work pretty darn well at the track. 275/40-20

Unfortunately things did not go as planned. Seems the car is down on power....like to the tune of 40-50 hp...
    First pass I tried to leave too hard and spun/hopped. Still went 12.34, best for me. Trap speed was way down. Went 116.5 last time out in 80° weather, best last night was 113.5, in negative DA. Should have been 118 or more.
    Last (4th) pass I got my stuff together and got a clean launch, 1.77 60', and it went 12.1x at only 112.3. As far as I am concerned that pass was down at least 6 MPH, which is terrible. The worst part is setting a new personal best with a car that was clearly under performing. Had the trap speed been there, I have no doubt that the 1.77 60' would have yielded an 11.8x or so.
    Also set a new best 0-60 of 3.9 in the car.

Gonna try to get it back on the dyno this weekend and see whats not happy. I have a feeling I may have fouled the plugs while doing some testing on the injector scaling for the hellcat injectors. Easy fix if so, but still disappointing.

Almost worse is the fact that I went home for the Holidays and spent some quality time with some of my Coyote buddies out in Mexico. They dragged my ass all over the place and I knew something was up, but now I have data to prove it
    Likes punisher69, Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a rough night. My 12.1 was at almost 118 with a 1.8 60'. Still ripped 0-60 in 3.8 which tickles me anyhow.

Hopefully there's nothing major wrong with your ride!!

Curiously, did you log any of those runs? I'm still on about the shift times. I looked at a log from one of my passes and all my shifts were .4 seconds each in track mode. Didn't have a way to log anything else, but I feel a trip to Mexico to do some tests.

I can't wait until Feb. I'm dying over here doing the speed limit and launching like grandpa lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I got some logs. Nothing really stands out but we'll find it and I'll be back for my 11 sec pass.

I see approx .4 for each of my shifts as well. I don't use track mode as the 2-3 shift is junk in my car with track mode.

Capture.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    Yeah, I got some logs. Nothing really stands out but we'll find it and I'll be back for my 11 sec pass.

I see approx .4 for each of my shifts as well. I don't use track mode as the 2-3 shift is junk in my car with track mode.

Capture.jpg
    Once you get it ironed out and get your 11 second pass, would you log a run in track mode for me and let's see the actual shift event time for that 2-3 shift vs. regular?

I know it's trivial as hell, but I'm curious to know what the issue is. Tune? Calibration? Whatever.

It doesn't look like I'm gonna make it to Mexico today and they're calling for rain tomorrow dangit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not the tune as it does it with or without the tune in track mode. I loaded a new tcm tune today with a little added line pressure to try to force the shifts (in sport/normal, not focusing on the track mode issue currently), and a pcm tune with a little less timing.
    We found the knock sensor voltages were spiking all through the run. Looks like I may have some junk gas and a slightly too aggressive tune. Never really logged it much on the street after we got it off the dyno. I'm as bad as an unhealthy doctor or mechanic with a car that doesn't run

I'm so bent about not getting it into the 11's that I may well go back tomorrow night and punish myself again....weather will still be in the mid 50s.
    Likes agoristmike, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed a big change in my voltages too since the weather got cooler.

Jay's got me running so rich, it's turning my tips brown. If I don't open the garage before I remote start, I almost need SCUBA gear to get around and in the car lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike, how did your runs go? I noticed with my nt555's that I couldn't hook for crap in 55 degree weather.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys those shift times sounds like what an older 5 speed shifst like.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2018 R/T Scat Pack
    SOLD
    13 Granite R/T Challenger
    SOLD14 Plum Crazy R/T Charger
    SOLD 07 Plum Daytona 12.854 @ 106.73 Stock Heads, Cam, Intake & Muffler

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HerDaytona View Post
    Guys those shift times sounds like what an older 5 speed shifst like.

Nothing better in a Diablo tcm tune??? Not sure I would even take the plunge on A Itunes with these results. Live with a stock tuned scat and a warranty. No reason to move forward looking at those log screenshots.
    Mike I would love to see something better. Hope you get it worked out and post up the results.
    Thanks for providing the info

2018 R/T Scat Pack
    SOLD
    13 Granite R/T Challenger
    SOLD14 Plum Crazy R/T Charger
    SOLD 07 Plum Daytona 12.854 @ 106.73 Stock Heads, Cam, Intake & Muffler

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post
    Hey Mike, how did your runs go? I noticed with my nt555's that I couldn't hook for crap in 55 degree weather.
    They work fine at the track in that weather.
    They need a decent burnout, but from there they work awesome.

Haven't been back since the 12.1, going back tonight, got some awesome air.
    It was about 53° when I cut the 1.77 60' on my last pass. Theres more in it once I figure it out.
    Likes agoristmike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HerDaytona View Post
    Nothing better in a Diablo tcm tune??? Not sure I would even take the plunge on A Itunes with these results. Live with a stock tuned scat and a warranty. No reason to move forward looking at those log screenshots.
    Mike I would love to see something better. Hope you get it worked out and post up the results.
    Thanks for providing the info

Theres nothing slow about my shifts. We dont mess with shift speeds in the tunes, as the ZF8 shifts super quick on its own.
    The dragstrip can be a tricky place. I know for a fact that we picked up 30 rwhp on the car from just tuning, which IMO is well worth it
    Likes agoristmike, punisher69 liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast