Has any one tried to run more then a 150 shot with e85 on a stock 392

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like flirting with fire with those pistons

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Direct port or plate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Was thanking 2 stage plate 50hp at start then feed in 150 from about 60ft on out

Post Thanks / Like
    Ild be worry about the said intake manifold distribution issues as well as the thin ring lands of those pistons. At least with direct port you can tune around some issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thank you might have to rethink what I want to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully more ppl will chip in with some in put.
    Do a search on here and you’ll see a few threads about the manifold and pistons. Mainly with boosted applications tho. But it’ll all still be there with the nitrous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a 6.4 here but I’ll give my 2¢.
    Anything over a 125 shot I would start worrying about distribution issues between cylinders with that style manifold. A 150 is right on the edge of what I would tease the 6.4 manifold with. I’ve seen it successfully done multiple times at the track.
    In regard to the pistons, at a 125-150 shot, I would not plan to spray frequently. If it’s for hero runs at the track or something to that effect, I’m sure it would live for a while. But a weekend track car, you are pushing your luck. The 6.4 is not boost or nitrous friendly with the ring land design. This is why boost companies recommend and design their systems to run a lower boost psi than that of the 5.7 or 6.1.
    A 100 shot will let the motor live longer if you are spraying consistently and will definitely not have any real distribution issues.

What are your goals? After a horsepower number or track time? Just want to say you spray 150?

All my nitrous experience comes from my 13’ Challenger, stock bottom end 5.7, that I consistently spray a 100 shot on. Probably 300+ pounds through it now. 150 pills are coming soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes I.R.-LEGEND liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The 6.4 intake doesn't have distribution problems until you boost it. As long as it's "feeding" itself air, the vacuum works great at getting all cylinders fed evenly.

When you boost it, the angle of the throttle body neck becomes a problem and causes one bank to lean out and the other to be too rich.

I'm not saying don't spray it, but there is no way I'd do it. I've seen ring lands on a stock 6.4 pop running all motor with nothing but a tune and that tune came from a VERY reputable tuner.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post
    Not a 6.4 here but I’ll give my 2¢.
    Anything over a 125 shot I would start worrying about distribution issues between cylinders with that style manifold. A 150 is right on the edge of what I would tease the 6.4 manifold with. I’ve seen it successfully done multiple times at the track.
    In regard to the pistons, at a 125-150 shot, I would not plan to spray frequently. If it’s for hero runs at the track or something to that effect, I’m sure it would live for a while. But a weekend track car, you are pushing your luck. The 6.4 is not boost or nitrous friendly with the ring land design. This is why boost companies recommend and design their systems to run a lower boost psi than that of the 5.7 or 6.1.
    A 100 shot will let the motor live longer if you are spraying consistently and will definitely not have any real distribution issues.

What are your goals? After a horsepower number or track time? Just want to say you spray 150?

All my nitrous experience comes from my 13’ Challenger, stock bottom end 5.7, that I consistently spray a 100 shot on. Probably 300+ pounds through it now. 150 pills are coming soon...

Can you drop a lil info on your set up and how you apply it at the track? Also if you're tuned for it or not and what if any safety features you have in place?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    MODS: AIRAID cai, Heartthrob cat back, Diablo 91 CAI, 180 T-stat, BT Catch can

Post Thanks / Like

NOS and e85

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.-LEGEND View Post
    Can you drop a lil info on your set up and how you apply it at the track? Also if you're tuned for it or not and what if any safety features you have in place?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    I have an OCPerformance dual plane intake manifold with a nitrous express gemini plate (before that I ran a 80mm plate on the eagle intake). It’s pilled for the richer side of a shot at about 11.8 afr. It’s a stock bottom end 5.7 (vvt) with ported heads and a 270 comp cam.
    I have a bottle heater, blow down tube, purge, and fuel pressure safety switch as far as safety equipment goes.
    It is hooked up through a progressive controller (as I plan to spray more down the line) that lets me dial in what rpm I want to spray at and how much I want the solenoid to open for the shot. Currently I have it set to spray at 2800rpms, at WOT, the full 100 shot all the way up to 6400rpms with my shifts at 6500. I have a built (NAG1) transmission and a 2800 stall converter.
    Beyond that stuff I have gauges for nitrous bottle pressure, fuel pressure and afr (also water and transmission temp though those are unrelated to the nitrous setup). I have the switch panel next to all my gauges on the A pillar.
    It’s tuned for a 100 shot on 91 octane, I believe 6 degrees pulled and 11.8afr at WOT.
    Random things too. Since I entirely deleted the rear seats, I needed to put in an RPM rollbar fireshield over the back opening. I have a drop in fuel pump that brings my running fuel pressure up to 62psi and will support 700rwhp on the stock lines. Was not needed but I wanted the extra pressure since I pull off the fuel rail. 2 steps colder Brisk plugs.
    I think that’s everything. The fastest I’ve had it is 11.4 at 120 in the 1/4 mile, 900 DA. Since I bought the second car, I’m buying another step colder plug and going to pill it for 150. Here are some older pictures and some more current:

Likes I.R.-LEGEND, hemi mike 392, UpInSmoke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultimately in the long run my goal is a 10 second street car. Planning on going with A fogger set up down the road just wanting to get a good starting point for my first go with nos. thanks for everybody's info. Can't figure out how to Attach photos so I can show a similar set up to what to run
    Last edited by hemi mike 392; 05-23-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Imgur, other ppl use Tapatalk for pics.