Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're not claiming to do it, they're doing it with the time slips for proof.

There are MANY factors involved, track prep, air quality, etc. The biggest one though is the right foot. That .5-1.0 seconds of initial movement makes a world of difference as to whether you launch like a rocket or blow the tires off.

The Hellcat is a great car, but it isn't the end all be all of drag racing and not a fair comparison to any 5.7 or 6.4 for that matter.

A stock hellcat is roughly 200lbs heaver than a stock 5.7 R/T and that makes a lot more difference than you may be giving credit to.

My build isn't quite a stock bottom ended 5.7 but I'm aiming for Demon beating ET's with a full interior and all the options. Drive to the track, swap rear wheels/tires, rip off a high 9- low 10 pass, swap tires back and drive home. Lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmx5 View Post
    ^ Well this is what I'm saying. Those numbers are pushing it on the stingy Mustang dynos I'm used to. A stock HC puts down *only* 90-100 more rwhp than my current setup on the same dyno, so how am I supposed to be running similar times with that deficit? Or, my real question, how are some of you claiming to do that?

Understand this is purely a level headed conversation to me. In my head, consistent 12.2s @ 115mph with *just* a blown 5.7L on a stock bottom end was about as good as I could have hoped for, running on 93 and with no weight reduction. I'm surprised to hear people feel you could expect to gain almost 2 full seconds off a stock car with just a blower and tires through a 1/4 mile.
    I’m not claiming anything, this is my slip(915) from the exact same day and same track as the video posted. My car is a 16 charger scatpack, NA426 with a 3.70 gear and 29” MT R’s, no skinnies. I did pull passenger and rear seats(-110lbs). She dynos ~520/520.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't weighed the car but guessing ~4600lbs. Stock car + blower + slightly heavier front wheels + me (220lbs)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great slip, Ronan, and nice build. Sorry I didn't meet you out there. Your build and mine don't compare by any stretch of the imagination. I'm trying to learn more about stock bottom end 5.7Ls running in the mid 11s to understand how they're getting there.

If your dyno numbers are from a properly calibrated Mustang dyno you have about 60whp on me, and likely a much harder pulling low end, so it doesn't surprise me at all that you (especially with the 3.70 and weight reduction) would be .8 quicker than my current setup through the 1/4. That's where I would expect you to be with that setup.

If you check out the other, longer, youtube video I posted of a few of my other runs, I have a bunch of pictures in it - I may have gotten your car.
    Last edited by dcmx5; 11-07-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s my time slip I have a 09 challenger 6.1 stock motor. Edelbrock 1536 blower at 8psi and a lmi true cold air. AJ tuned it and dynoed at 575 hp car 397

Post Thanks / Like
    Rear gearing is a big part. Stall converter as well.
    It is harder to hook the more you increase in power. That’s why I run a LOT of lightly modded hellcat guys from digs in 5.7. Some slips, best being 900DA:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post
    It is harder to hook the more you increase in power. That’s why I run a LOT of lightly modded hellcat guys from digs in 5.7. Some slips, best being 900DA:

I have the stock gear 3.06 and stock converter
    All I do is empty the trunk
    I run on 1/2 tank of 93 pump gas. No race tune. Just the tune that AJ put in it. I dont even data log anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2006 srt 300 with a total stock 6.1with a cam only and d1sc procharger 8psi thats gone 11.19@124mph on 275/40/20 m/t drags.stock short block,trans,exhaust with resonators still intact and heads.shell 93 octane gas and i am at full weight at 4634 pounds with me in it.
    Last edited by manofsteel06; 11-08-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post

What stall do you have in your 5.7?

Any weight reduction?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12