Post Thanks / Like

2015 Charger SP, Transmission Slips

All,

I have a 2015 Charger Scat Pack, 8-speed auto with ~15k miles. My 1-2 shift now leaves a lot to be desired, as in it slips. I define slip as a loss of forward with a bit of an RPM jump, much like momentary loss of traction. This issue presents itself under a light load situation but seems to go away after the first few of those shifts. I do not recall this problem when I first got the car in August. Yes, it was doing it while the weather was still warm and yes, the car always sits for a few minutes after it is started before I drive away.

I had an open case with FCA but was told after a bit that there was no problem and that the transmission was operating as designed. They also mentioned that they were not aware of any other situations like mine.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any info on a similar issue?

Thanks,
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I know what you are talking about. Under light load 1st thru 4th feels like it slips. But I don't think its slipping. I think the ratios are so close that under light load it goes through those gears quickly as to get to the "cruise" gear. Keep us informed with what FCA says.
    2015 B5 Blue Charger Scat Pack

(Ordered through Frederick Scat Pack a.k.a. Robert Frederick in Ohio http://www.frederickscatpack.com/)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine does that too, only when both the ambient and trans temps are cold. I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it gets worse. The issue appeared in the fall and has not gotten worse.
    2017 Durango Citadel Hemi
    2015 Charger R/T Scat Pack
    1968 Charger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    If you think that's bad take a left hand turn at the same time. It will literally buck when it shifts. Told my dealer and yet they cannot duplicate it magically. Who knows.... Hoping for a TCM update soon myself.
    Current vehicles:
    2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat - The Purple People Eater
    2006 Dodge Magnum r/t - The daily
    1990 Dodge Ram W150 - Mud Rig

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed something similar today. I was slowing to turn onto a side street at about 15mph, as I started to accelerate, the engine revved up, but the car didn't go anywhere faster than I was already going. About a second later, it slammed into gear. It almost felt like I was in neutral, lightly revved and dropped it into gear. It even had a loud clunk when the gears engaged.

My son said that it's happened to him a couple times. We're currently at 6600 miles and we live in Florida, so no colder weather issues here.
    2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack: 392 Hemi, Granite, Leather, Nav - **Returned to Dodge**2017 Dodge Charger Scat Pack: 392 Hemi, Maximum Steel Metallic, Leather, Nav - **SOLD**

Post Thanks / Like
    Same issue I've had a couple times. like I said hoping for a TCM update if that's what it is. Seems like it because once it happens once it will not do it the rest of the drive.
    Current vehicles:
    2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat - The Purple People Eater
    2006 Dodge Magnum r/t - The daily
    1990 Dodge Ram W150 - Mud Rig

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine does the same between 1st n 2nd. When cold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Started at 4500 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to update this post. I finally got my car back last night and it drives so much better now. I told the service rep about my 1-2 or 2-1 shifts and they replaced the valve body in the trans. The car shifts so smooth now, very responsive in every gear. You may need to get it checked out.
    2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack: 392 Hemi, Granite, Leather, Nav - **Returned to Dodge**2017 Dodge Charger Scat Pack: 392 Hemi, Maximum Steel Metallic, Leather, Nav - **SOLD**

Post Thanks / Like
    2800 miles and my transmission seems to be slipping. I was hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer but now believe it is unavoidable.
    This car should be snapping my neck when it up-shifts. Especially in Sport mode. Instead it falls on it's face between gears. highly annoying and even embarassing.
    I wonder if anyone makes a shift kit for these cars....aftermarket valve body maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineBrian View Post
    2800 miles and my transmission seems to be slipping. I was hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer but now believe it is unavoidable.
    This car should be snapping my neck when it up-shifts. Especially in Sport mode. Instead it falls on it's face between gears. highly annoying and even embarassing.
    I wonder if anyone makes a shift kit for these cars....aftermarket valve body maybe?
    If you are actually having a problem that needs attention, why would you want to try a patch instead of a proper repair?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
    If you are actually having a problem that needs attention, why would you want to try a patch instead of a proper repair?

Because I've dealt with Stealerships before. I will give them a shot at it but (like you) they may be skeptical that I am "actually having a problem" Or worse try to claim that these symptoms are normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineBrian View Post
    Because I've dealt with Stealerships before. I will give them a shot at it but (like you) they may be skeptical that I am "actually having a problem" Or worse try to claim that these symptoms are normal.

At least it won't cost you anything to see them.

Post Thanks / Like
    So did anyone get that shifting issue fixed? Im considering selling my charger because of that problem and its been getting worse, when I go into reverse it thumps or goes in rough. Love this car but I don't want it to get worse so if anyone has gotten this issue fix please let me know how. I took it to a dodge performance shop to get new transmission oil and filter done and it still shifts rough from 1-2.

Share This Thread