Post Thanks / Like

how do i run wiring trough firewall?

Hello everyone i recently purchased a train horn that requires me to run wiring through my firewall. Upon looking i dont see any open locations that i can use to get inside the car. In several of my cars that have been extra covered ports for aftermarket additions. Can someone please guide me on what i need to do or where i can find a port and run wiring?2018 SP

Post Thanks / Like
    You can penetrate the large grommet that the hood latch cable runs through, on the driver side. It is below the brake booster.

I've taped wires to a long Philips screwdriver blade and punctured the grommet. You can then get under the dash and pull the wires off the screwdriver and Into the cabin.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Lux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes KYUUBI, SuperSound, Jay Z, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you pretty much just have to pick a factory opening that works best for you, and then either snake your wires through or enlarge the existing hole.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I also used the grommet below brake booster to run wires for my custom lights, wasn't too hard to do
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Likes BlackBeauty392 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    train horn??? did you mean to buy a diesel truck?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gasman1620 View Post
    Did you mean to resurrect a thread that nearly predates your joining???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    you know it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gasman1620 View Post
    I got it because I live in Bay Area CA, where people are retarded and ignore horns altogether. At least this way itll wake the Prius driving moron up enough to get the **** out of my way! Haha!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes diboblo, jcthome liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeauty392 View Post
    I got it because I live in Bay Area CA, where people are retarded and ignore horns altogether. At least this way itll wake the Prius driving moron up enough to get the **** out of my way! Haha!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Rad.

Installing a train horn in the wife's Grand Cherokee TH very soon. SoCal traffic woes. LOL.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way... I've all but eliminated the need to run wires through the firewall, for any kind of switch needs.

I offer a 2.4 Ghz wireless switch package that can use any momentary switch you choose. This could be used for any lighting needs, death ray, oil slick, smoke screen, etc.

It pairs with a 10 amp relay package that stays on, until the button is pressed, again, and can handle up to four simultaneous zones.

I have a thread, somewhere on this forum. Just search my screen name: Diboblo, or PM for details

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

Lux Technologies

Thanks BlackBeauty392 thanked for this post
    Likes BlackBeauty392, KYUUBI liked this post