Post Thanks / Like

2021 Scat Pack Challenger question

Hey everyone, New to the site so if this isn't the place to post I apologize. I was wanting to know if I put headers on my car and got it tuned would that void my warranty? ThanksTrent

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Hey everyone, New to the site so if this isn't the place to post I apologize. I was wanting to know if I put headers on my car and got it tuned would that void my warranty? ThanksTrent
    Just headers, no. Tuning the ECM, maybe. Sometimes you can take the tune out and they will never know, but if they do find out they can use that to deny warranty. It's also possible they won't. It's impossible to say for certain.

1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

Oh Drat! Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks that makes sense. I just can’t get the sound I’m looking for with my scat pack. I deleted all 4 mufflers and it sounded louder but not throaty. So I put on wicked flow mufflers and they made it a little louder but still not like my friends stock 5.7 with all 4 deleted. Can’t figure it out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    Just headers, no. Tuning the ECM, maybe. Sometimes you can take the tune out and they will never know, but if they do find out they can use that to deny warranty. It's also possible they won't. It's impossible to say for certain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    These cars require an unlocked PCM for tuning. That means you will have to get one from a company like Diablo, then swap your stock PCM. Doing so means your mileage will not match up to the car (i.e. red flag to service tech). There is also a write counter that shows the number of times the PCM has been flashed. If your counter does not match the vehicles service history (i.e. dealer flashes are only counted), another red flag. So can't just get your stock PCM unlocked either without leaving a trace. Either of these will ensure a powertrain warranty void if the logs are sent to Dodge.

So short answer, a tune will void your warranty if they have a reason to go look for the presence of one.

Headers alone are a bit more iffy. They are considered modifications, and if something breaks could become a reason to deny coverage. However they don't change the whole engine operation like a tune does, so not as likely to be a cause of a denial. People have had claims denied over CAIs, cat-backs, you name it. So be prepared to pay if you decide to mod in warranty.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always heard that a cat back exhaust is OK but messing with the cats or anything before it (like headers) is a no no as far as warranty goes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group
    Likes SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the writer and tech you get, but if you have major engine damage all bets off, you pay.
    13 Chrysler 300S, Stock 17 RAM 6.4 BGE with TSP Stage 4 boosted Cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force 2.62 pulley(12.2 lbs boost),, Fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22
    Likes GTSDart340 liked this post