Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    No luck in ppl going e85, maybe some hellcat injectors and tuning those out?... gotta be more than just intake header muffler delete lol. Im going to give that a test.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    e85 works with a fully built engine but meh. I don't see a point since I live kind of far away from an E85 gas station.



  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get ppl see more gains on E85 with forced induction and or built motors, I’m sure the same can be said with a lot of mods we do right now lol... personally if one can gain 15-25rwhp certainly for its cost there is Value there. E85 isn’t the closest for me neither but I also don’t intend on daily driving on E85 neither... the occasional track day and a street pull here or there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    4,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    I get ppl see more gains on E85 with forced induction and or built motors, I’m sure the same can be said with a lot of mods we do right now lol... personally if one can gain 15-25rwhp certainly for its cost there is Value there. E85 isn’t the closest for me neither but I also don’t intend on daily driving on E85 neither... the occasional track day and a street pull here or there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem with pump e85 is consistency. Pump e85 is notorious for not being true 85 all the time.

    I considered it for my build, and the engine is set up to run it if I want to, but I'm not risking a $20k engine on inconsistent concentration.

    Couple that with the lack of availability and loss in mpg, it wasn't worth it to me. One of the tracks I run at is 3 hours away with traffic. I'd need fuel before I got there or drove home and it isn't available down there either. So, I just had it tuned for 93 octane and left it at that.

    Sure, I can buy drums of real e85 ($375 for a 55 gal drum), but that won't help me going to the track. I drive the car to the track and I'm not hauling 20gals of fuel with me all the way down there lol

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    LINY
    Posts
    3,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeremy Satera has a proven flex set up using a content sensor and adjusting timing and fuel on the fly, ON THE FLY !!! easily the only system worth looking at. There are undoubtable gains from e85 , but there are cons as well.

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes SuperSound, punisher69 liked this post

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    The problem with pump e85 is consistency. Pump e85 is notorious for not being true 85 all the time.

    I considered it for my build, and the engine is set up to run it if I want to, but I'm not risking a $20k engine on inconsistent concentration.

    Couple that with the lack of availability and loss in mpg, it wasn't worth it to me. One of the tracks I run at is 3 hours away with traffic. I'd need fuel before I got there or drove home and it isn't available down there either. So, I just had it tuned for 93 octane and left it at that.

    Sure, I can buy drums of real e85 ($375 for a 55 gal drum), but that won't help me going to the track. I drive the car to the track and I'm not hauling 20gals of fuel with me all the way down there lol

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Thats the reason you tune... Im pretty sure the tuner knows not all stations dont serve exactly E85... its not like its 85 or kaboom lmao...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    4,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    Thats the reason you tune... Im pretty sure the tuner knows not all stations dont serve exactly E85... its not like its 85 or kaboom lmao...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still doesn't help availability. I can get 93 anywhere lol

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    2,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Still doesn't help availability. I can get 93 anywhere lol

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Truth. I dont have e85 locally either. Really sucks.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Still doesn't help availability. I can get 93 anywhere lol

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Whet?.... who said if you did the E85 route you cant use regular gas anymore?.. im confused... figured id get much of this from the forum... platform just doesnt seem there yet... thanks for the input anyways guys... ill try it, no need to report back, seem set here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    4,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    Whet?.... who said if you did the E85 route you cant use regular gas anymore?.. im confused... figured id get much of this from the forum... platform just doesnt seem there yet... thanks for the input anyways guys... ill try it, no need to report back, seem set here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I go e85, I'll want the extra horses all the time, I know I will lol.

    I also don't carry my tuning laptop everywhere I go, so if I'm out and about need fuel and there isn't e85 where I am, I'm coo-coo-kachooed.

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    If I go e85, I'll want the extra horses all the time, I know I will lol.

    I also don't carry my tuning laptop everywhere I go, so if I'm out and about need fuel and there isn't e85 where I am, I'm coo-coo-kachooed.

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    The significant drop off in MPG makes E85 not that desirable for me to want to burn it in traffic lol. I like to keep things fairly simple... have my currently stored 93 tune on my diablo then E85 for those times I plan to take it to the track and or race friends ill need it for. Im fairly discipline with the whole e85 thing, had a Single turbo 335i prior that got 21mpg on pump and 14mpg E85 lmfao. Trust i was fine driving around on pump lmfao.. i dont get into sporadic races anyways lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    4,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    The significant drop off in MPG makes E85 not that desirable for me to want to burn it in traffic lol. I like to keep things fairly simple... have my currently stored 93 tune on my diablo then E85 for those times I plan to take it to the track and or race friends ill need it for. Im fairly discipline with the whole e85 thing, had a Single turbo 335i prior that got 21mpg on pump and 14mpg E85 lmfao. Trust i was fine driving around on pump lmfao.. i dont get into sporadic races anyways lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm using HP now instead of Diablo. I have a $500 gauge panel (My T2) now lol

    I get about 11-12 in town and 18 on the highway with this thing. I haven't wanted more power yet, but I expect the urge to hit me after a few trips to the track- if they ever open back up

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I'm using HP now instead of Diablo. I have a $500 gauge panel (My T2) now lol

    I get about 11-12 in town and 18 on the highway with this thing. I haven't wanted more power yet, but I expect the urge to hit me after a few trips to the track- if they ever open back up

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Yep im up to 20.2mpg overall


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •