Post Thanks / Like

Brake squeal... advice/help!

Hey guys... I just hit 3K miles on my 2019 Charger Scat Pack and every day after about 10 minutes of driving, my brakes squeal every time I come to a stop. Doesn't matter what "mode" that I'm in either. It's VERY annoying.

Is this "normal?" Something I should have the dealer look at? I've never had a car do this... but I've also never had Brembo's either.

Thanks!
    2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    It's normal for these brakes. It's the only downside to the Brembos....they squeak.

A few others have changed to Power Stop pads to keep the dust down, but idk if they still squeak or not.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep my Camaro with factory Brembos squealed too, sometimes worse than my SP. I believe the Powerstops do help with it. Heat00 can probably confirm.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    As other said, new “quiet” pads. Otherwise, as long as you’re not getting poor performance or vibration, completely normal.

My advice? Your exhaust is too quiet Brake squeal... advice/help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine squealed like crazy from day 1 . Thought it was front but after changing fronts still made noise. Replaced rears and it was gone. I went with Akebono pads from Rockauto. Pretty much zero dust, no noise and no difference in braking to me. ASP1053 and ASP1149 were the part numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not normal from experience. I have run 2, 4, 6, and 8 piston Brembo setups over the vears and not one had a squeal that I could not remedy.

It's either due to:

1. Poor amount of lubrication on the back of the pad/shim (I use CRC Silaramic on the back of the pad, shim and on the hardware)

2. Pad compound. I use StopTech street performance up front and Akebono in the rear. With all other variables the same, some pads squeal and others do not.

3. Sometimes a good bedding can take care of it.

Sometimes it's the combination of the pad and rotor that just produces the harmonic and there's nothing you can do other than try another combination. For example, the Akebono mentioned above cause an incurable squeal on the front brakes but were silent in the rears. I went through 3 sets of pads to figure that one out. Once I replace the OEM rotors with an aftermarket option, I'll bet one of those previously squealing pads will be silent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BM_SRT; 09-25-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels