Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    It’s also unfortunate that we don’t live in a time where two men can have a go without the law or lawyers at the end. I wish we were still in the old west, you have a discrepancy, take it out of the saloon and settle it.

Another problem these days, people don’t know when they have won, if you’ve knocked a guy on his ass already and he’s counting stars and wondering what day it is, there’s no reason he should still be getting hit and kicked while on the ground.

I’ll not run from a fight if I feel it’s necessary to escalate to protect myself or family, I just worry that if I go down, will the other guy have enough sense to know when to quit before inflicting permanent damage or death?

The internet has ruined everything. And Walmart, I blame them too. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Internet has ruined conversationAMENInternet has ruined conversation

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s also unfortunate that we don’t live in a time where two men can have a go without the law or lawyers at the end. I wish we were still in the old west, you have a discrepancy, take it out of the saloon and settle it.

Another problem these days, people don’t know when they have won, if you’ve knocked a guy on his ass already and he’s counting stars and wondering what day it is, there’s no reason he should still be getting hit and kicked while on the ground.

I’ll not run from a fight if I feel it’s necessary to escalate to protect myself or family, I just worry that if I go down, will the other guy have enough sense to know when to quit before inflicting permanent damage or death?

The internet has ruined everything. And Walmart, I blame them too. Lol

Seriously, what you're saying is violence is OK? There is no circumstance where that dumbazz behavior can be condoned.

On all accounts, that is society in regression.

2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Well yes then I guess I am, if your willing to get violent with me and I’m willing to get violent with you then we are only hurting ourselves. Now if one of us is unwillingly participating in the event, then no.

If we got into an mma ring, would you feel better about it then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well yes then I guess I am, if your willing to get violent with me and I’m willing to get violent with you then we are only hurting ourselves. Now if one of us is unwillingly participating in the event, then no.

If we got into an mma ring, would you feel better about it then?

MMA glorifies violence and is a poster child for social regression...it should be f'n banned. It sure as sh!t has nothing to do with masculinity.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-15-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Seriously, what you're saying is violence is OK? There is no circumstance where that dumbazz behavior can be condoned.

On all accounts, that is society in regression.

If I/ anyone in my general vicinity am/ are determined to he in danger of physical harm, or damage to property, then yes... absolutely there is circumstance for violence. Shy of that, no.

But I DO think it would be hysterical to see the look on the faces of a few people I know (in real life- not on the interwebs) if someone just out of the blue slapped the dog sht out of them. Just one good btch slap. Nothing more than that lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    If I/ anyone in my general vicinity am/ are determined to he in danger of physical harm, or damage to property, then yes... absolutely there is circumstance for violence. Shy of that, no.

But I DO think it would be hysterical to see the look on the faces of a few people I know (in real life- not on the interwebs) if someone just out of the blue slapped the dog sht out of them. Just one good btch slap. Nothing more than that lol.

I'll be more succinct Billy; I agree with your premise that if someone is commiting an assault against me, I will defend myself. By any measurement, that's not violence - it is called self defense.

We have brains that puts us near the top of the intelligence list (at times very f'n debatable), that means over 1000's of years and with the advancements in societal values, morals, scruples and respect for others - we don't engage or condone physical violence.

Violence for the sake of it is f'n lame, self deprecating and speaks to a value system that is thankfully out of sync with our peers and the real world.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-15-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    :DERAILED: 100% staying out of this one .... carry on

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    :DERAILED: 100% staying out of this one .... carry on

This thread was talking about respect for others - or lack thereof. There was no mention of violence until(!) a few posts ago suggesting it be condoned - in some form. Everyone should find that reprehensible on all fronts.

Post Thanks / Like

Internet has ruined conversation

Deleted, you are correct I derailed this thread
    Likes centexcharger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to learn a while back, no matter how badly I want to, and pretty much anytime outside of defense or persons or property, I have to walk away...even when they apply hands first.

As hard as it is sometimes, it beats the jail time that would inevitably follow.

Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    From time to time, I've pointed out that if we were all standing in the same room - most if not all the bad actors would not beak off like they do while fingering a keyboard.
    I believe this was a reference to violence?

Post Thanks / Like
    The OP is such a whiner. I don't know why y'all bother engaging with him.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning
    Thanks punisher69 thanked for this post
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I’m not reading between the lines in that post but to me it was implied that violence or fear of a violent act against them, would keep the armchair keyboard Tough guys in check

Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe this was a reference to violence?

Oh FFS...its about f'n RESPECT !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What I really mean is that the internet, the hurt feelings, snowflake generation, attention seeking, instant gratification, things are owed to me generation, could use a little toughening up.

Likes ronan978 liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast