Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was looking at my carb yesterday and something didn't look like it was routed quite right with the vac lines. Sure enough, the vac advance line was hooked to the ported side of the carb instead of manifold vac. Swapped that around and while it's never ran bad, it seems to have picked up some pep on the bottom end. Also took the kid for a spin with no doors.*

2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/Hemifever tune/3.70 gears/Borla Atak/AES bypass/eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I’m glad to see you one you buckled up. Lol. Careful cowboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The way I used to set up Chevy V8s was to set the initial timing at 10 degrees BTDC and modify the centrifugal advance to advance the timing to a total of 36 degrees BTDC by 3500 rpm. Some would set it up to bring in the centrifugal advance sooner. That is what you need for full throttle performance. Then connect the vacuum advance to manifold vacuum. Manifold vacuum goes away when you floor it but provides more advance at high manifold vacuum when you are running lean at part throttle on the highway giving you better efficiency, or better gas mileage. My 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    Well I’m glad to see you one you buckled up. Lol. Careful cowboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can't see it in the picture but the lap part was around her. I tried the chest strap but it went across her face so didn't go for that. I'm crazy, not stupid.

2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/Hemifever tune/3.70 gears/Borla Atak/AES bypass/eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005rtmag View Post
    The way I used to set up Chevy V8s was to set the initial timing at 10 degrees BTDC and modify the centrifugal advance to advance the timing to a total of 36 degrees BTDC by 3500 rpm. Some would set it up to bring in the centrifugal advance sooner. That is what you need for full throttle performance. Then connect the vacuum advance to manifold vacuum. Manifold vacuum goes away when you floor it but provides more advance at high manifold vacuum when you are running lean at part throttle on the highway giving you better efficiency, or better gas mileage. My 2 cents.
    I've got no clue where this thing is set at for timing. I've got a set of vortec heads getting cleaned up at the shop and once those goes on I'll throw a light on it and see where it's at and go from there. I've never messed with this HEI system stuff so I'm trying to learn that before I go crazy. Given how the rest of this truck has been done, I'd imagine it's been set for "**** it, it runs" and that's it.

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Previous*owner had 4 speakers hooked to 2 channels on a 4 channel amp because I guess he thought*you could daisy chain these speakers. Only 1 speaker worked. So swapped in a new amp and added the additional rca cabling so all 4 channels worked. All of these*speakers are blown. So I'm going to remove two of these speakers entirely, replace the other*2 with new speakers, and install new dash speakers powered by the amp.

He had the USB input from*the head unit poking through the switch*hole for the power rear window. So I*pulled that out so I could replace the power rear window switch and install it in the factory location and then install a USB input plug in the dash for the input to the radio.

Since the speedo needle is broken and the gearing is all ****ed off, the guy included the Garmin GPS he used as a*speedo. I hacked it and updated it to maps from July 2019 which also includes the off road park trails so I don't want to get rid of it. So I bought a hard wire kit for it so I didn't have*to constantly plug the thing in and unplug it every time I drove it. I also bought a new windshield mount since the one on it is trashed.

So, the non computer vehicle I bought to get away from wiring and electronics, I'm spending a dumbass amount of*money on*wiring*and electronics to get it set up right.

Post Thanks / Like
    New speakers and rear window switch. Direct replacement rear window switches don't exist so had to find one that would work and make jumpers for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12