Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a new toy today

1984 K5 Blazer. 9" lift on 38" tires. 360 Chevy with a built th350. 12,000lb winch. 1 ton axles. Thing is a freaking tank. Needs some body work but looks to be a solid foundation for a father daughter project. She's so happy that we own a monster truck now. 2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/Hemifever tune/3.70 gears/Borla Atak/AES bypass/eBay longtube headers
    Last edited by centexcharger; 08-19-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning
    Likes Jay Z, Ron380, 09Charger2.7, calcruz31, BryGuy and 2 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    1984 K5 Blazer. 9" lift on 38" tires. 360 Chevy with a built th350. 12,000lb winch. 1 ton axles. Thing is a freaking tank. Needs some body work but looks to be a solid foundation for a father daughter project. She's so happy that we own a monster truck now.

2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/Hemifever tune/3.70 gears/Borla Atak/AES bypass/eBay longtube headers
    Freaking awesome!!!! My pops taught me how to drive in a 78’ K5 everyday after little league. Also the first spark plugs I’ve ever changed. I will forever have love for the K5’s !! Congratulations on the new project, should be some great bonding with your daughter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Thanks CruzKing thanked for this post
    Likes CruzKing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to it!! Worst part is I haven't even seen it!! My brother in law picked it up for me today and it's 3hrs away. I'm dying right now.

Plan is to fix the body and convert it to a 5spd for now. Then I'll go and start working on the engine. It needs to come down though. 9" is way to much and 20's don't belong on an off road truck. Looking into cut fenders right now.

2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/Hemifever tune/3.70 gears/Borla Atak/AES bypass/eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    6hrs later and it's at my house. It's a little rougher than I expected but mostly it's just exterior panels. Everything underneath is pretty solid. Rust is better than I thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    New alternator and battery later and she lives again. Was digging through the glovebox and found the original options list. Factory quad shocks up front, factory AC, two tone paint, 302 work a 4spd auto. Pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sound great! My best friend and his dad restored a '78 Blazer when we were in high school. Love 'em!
    I hope it tracks straight- a buddy in college bought a beater Blazer for $600 that had big tires and 4" suspension lift (blocks in the rear) and 3" body lift. Rode like it was on I-beams and the steering linkage wasn't upgraded right so it wandered trying to go straight. He got pulled over twice on suspicion of DUI when he was sober!
    2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten!
    2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

I'm not an actor, but I do play one on TV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracks straight as an arrow. Steering box could use a rebuild but the front end is all new and solid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remind your daughter about how quickly those high vehicles can turn over in curve or a quick lane change.

Post Thanks / Like
    In 12 years when she gets ready to drive I'll worry about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome project. need to find some small wheels and tires and maybe drop it a bit to get it in the garage haha!

Post Thanks / Like
    It'll never fit in the garage. My half ton barely fits height wise. But it is going to get dropped with smaller wheels and tires. Going to drop it about 3" in suspension and then go from 38's on 20's to 35's on 17's. I'd do 15" wheels but they won't clean the one ton brakes and drums.

Likes Ron380 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of these for my daughter when she got her license in 96. She said it was too much and too big until she hit her first tree. That scratched the truck up a bit, bent the bumper but she was OK. She never said another word about it being too big.

inTune 91 CAI, 180 stat, BB 6dB reso delete,Tranzformer, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS switch. Wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 Continental DW's on 9"/10" F/R Viper Replicas, BCR Coilovers, Drake strut brace. Interior accent LED 's. 55/35 tint, BT catch can. LED interior lighting. BT bling, front parking sensors. Rear seat heaters. Color matched tails "MoPar" puddle lights. Custom front lip.
    MyGig 730N, Pyle 9.2" screen, iPod, front and rear cams.
    Likes Renfrick1, centexcharger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a little fun at the off road park yesterday.

Hidden Falls - K5 Blazer - Wet and Wild - YouTube

Last edited by centexcharger; 09-01-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    Likes Ron380, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to tinker on it today. Installed the Edelbrock off road kit which has small springs to keep the needles seated during rough and off camber areas. Also blocked the fuel passages between bowls and reset the float levels from 1/4" to 7/16". Installed a 1" phenolic spacer to help with heat sink. Carb is nasty so when I go to swap the vortec heads on that I dropped at the machine shop yesterday I'll give it a good clean up and rebuild. Found some trash in one of the strainers so had to clean that up.

Finally got a car cover for it also. Now I can pull the doors and top off and not worry about the rain.

Likes calcruz31, ronan978, Ron380, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Weather is getting nice. Time for the doors to come off. Leaving the roof for now so I'll have some protection for my next rock crawl in a few weeks and then it'll come off.*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast