Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    after reading all the post mines does the same thing, i have notice though in the morning or when the engine is cool, it runs normal. It seem as if its running perfect, i just put a complete exhaust and eliminated cats. once the car heats up, the car shakes, and the engine light flashes and dings, i change all spark plugs, O2 sensors. Map sensor as well, i notice the gas pedal, would go to the floor with no reaction, as well then all of a sudden it would take off, but sputter, i checked all injectors they are all firing, and spark is on all coils with the same results,Today it cut off on me, in the middle of the intersection, unsure what it is with car, but really hating this issues, its going to the dealership tomorrow morning. once they diagnose it.
    - could someone tell me what does heater circuit control B- was one of the codes that stood out to me. as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I might not be much help here but if the problems persist after changing several components, including the PCM, the problem might be in the wiring harness somewhere. Did the symptoms show up after engine mods or "repair". I have encountered times where someone did a "repair" and ended up pinching wires, the vehicle would stall occasionally when warmed up because the wires that got pinched were shorting.

If the communications error codes or low voltage symptom is occurring even after an alternator and pcm replacement, wiring harness is where I would look for the problem. The voltage regulator is in the PCM, highly unlikely you got several bad ones.
    2006 GoManGo Daytona
    Spartan Plus cam, Inertia ported heads, jba shorty headers and high flow cats, Trubendz cat back, MTCM, Mopar 6.1 CAI, 6.1 crank pulley.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a intermitant low voltage problem for the last 4-5 weeks. I changed the alternator first, then the battery. I still get 11.3 or so volts sometimes then it'll shoot up to 14 after a few miles. I'm going to check all the plugs and connectors really well, but what is the part number for the ambient air temp sensor, and how much does it cost. If it's a cheap part I'll give it a shot. thank you,
    bill

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings
    285/35 R20 Michelin Pilot Supersports all 4 wheels
    28" hoosier slicks, MH racemaster skinnies.
    Tuned by Tim @ MPH. 403 RWHP, 402 TQ.
    12.133@111.42, 1.762 60' 620 DA

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the sensor that bolts to the bumper under the fascia? Or is it the sensor in the air inlet tube next to the TB?
    Die Hard Mopar fan~ '66 Chrysler Newport Sedan ('86-'93 RIP), '93 Eagle Vision (awesome car) ('93-'95), '95 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe ('95-'97), '97 Dodge Stratus ('97-'99),1968 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon ('95-'99), '66 Chrysler Newport Coupe ('99-'04), 66 Chrysler Newport Sedan ('04-present), 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD ('06-present - wifes car),
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT (silver, tow package, full SRT exhaust, heads shaved .020, custom tune by Diablotoona)

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    my in dash outside temp display seems to be accurate, so I'm guessing my ambient air temp sensor is functioning properly?

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I'll check it out. where exactly is it located?

2007 BB Charger SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    i had this same issues, my car would stall, and at stop lights idle very rough sometimes cut off.
    - turns out my PCM was bad, just got my car back, change spark plugs, 02 sensors, and change the oil.
    - i would say if you have all the original parts on the car put them back on there and drop it off at a dodge dealership,
    - because your PCM maybe bad, and mines was throwing 14 codes, and turns out nothing was wrong with it, but the pcm

Post Thanks / Like
    well im in the same boat s yall random stall changed pcm 16 plugs with champ coppers, crank sens , oil press switch , 2 coils checked all the grounds still stumped HELP

Post Thanks / Like
    i was having the same issues like 3 years ago, replaced pcm, fixed my issue. but its not always the same for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 06 Magnum has been having all the same issues as everyone is describing. The issue is intermittent and after trying several fixes, I took it to the dealership six weeks ago. They couldn't get it to stall, so I took it back with a recorder to record when it does stall. It took a few days, but they came back to pick it up. After a week, they said they thought it might be the PCM, then after the weekend, the shop foreman told me it's the torque converter and said I need to replace/rebuild the tranny. He said that the PCM is fine after all. I don't see how the torque converter would cause the kind of random intermittent stall I'm getting. Because this is their diagnosis, I am planning on going over to have them show me all the info that was recorded over the past week. If I don't agree with the diagnosis, I think I'm back to square one. no fix. Has anyone heard of the torque converter causing what these cars are doing? I've posted threads about this, and am just looking for additional info before picking up my car and taking it to a tranny shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danamg View Post
    My 06 Magnum has been having all the same issues as everyone is describing. The issue is intermittent and after trying several fixes, I took it to the dealership six weeks ago. They couldn't get it to stall, so I took it back with a recorder to record when it does stall. It took a few days, but they came back to pick it up. After a week, they said they thought it might be the PCM, then after the weekend, the shop foreman told me it's the torque converter and said I need to replace/rebuild the tranny. He said that the PCM is fine after all. I don't see how the torque converter would cause the kind of random intermittent stall I'm getting. Because this is their diagnosis, I am planning on going over to have them show me all the info that was recorded over the past week. If I don't agree with the diagnosis, I think I'm back to square one. no fix. Has anyone heard of the torque converter causing what these cars are doing? I've posted threads about this, and am just looking for additional info before picking up my car and taking it to a tranny shop.

Any follow up on this, anybody? Mine's doing the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danamg View Post
    I have two somewhat modified Hemi vehicles with the NAG1 transmissions and, IMO, yes, the torque converter can cause stalling. I think it may have something to do with the TCC clutch operation. Both of mine, when warmed up and when coming to a stop will "dip the idle" to just above 500 RPM and then, most of the time, will go back up to normal idle speed. I can take either vehicle out of gear while coming to a stop and put it back in gear once stopped and it won't happen. After stopping, I can also take it out of gear and then put it back in gear and the RPM will go back to normal. I've also found that, sometimes, I can turn the A/C on and off and the RPM will go back up. This is probably because the idle RPM with the A/C on is probably set a little differently than without it on. I've tinkered with the settings a little using my HPT but haven't quite figured it out yet....but I think I am getting close. There are idle speed settings for both "Transmission Based Setpoint" and "Automatic Transmission" which, coupled with TCC slip %ages may all be connected somehow.

Also, as a side note, I have another Hemi vehicle (Jeep GCO) that is modded almost exactly the same as the other two except it has the 545RFE transmission. I don't have this issue with it, so that tells me that it is most likely something in the transmission.
    Last edited by magnuman; 11-20-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    06 300CSRT8, Comp cammed, 85mm TB, HP/DS Tuners, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT (5.7's) both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unlikely the TC lock-up circuit.

Commanded idle values are different whether in P, R, or N. A/C engagement - again differing commanded idle depending on ambient temps and gear selected.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    It always amazes me how people will write a blank check to an independent shop in a heartbeat to shotgun part after part after part at their car. Then, when they’ve run out of ideas, throw up their hands and say “take it to the dealer” now that we’ve taken all of your money! Then this same person will expect the “stealership” to diagnose/fix it for free or at the least a greatly reduced rate because the other place already took all of their money and think the independent shop is the greatest thing since canned bear!

Anyway, you might want to look at the plug to the throttle body. I’ve had more than one, including my own, that was doing the same thing. The ones I’ve replaced them on, including my own, haven’t had this issue since. However, this information is coming from a 15+ year Chrysler “stealership” service advisor. So be very skeptical!
    Last edited by MADDOG11; 07-04-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    2006 300C SRT8, Mopar cold air intake, Magnaflow shorty headers, cats and exhaust. KW Variant 2 suspension, Pioneer head unit, 10" Infinity sub with custom built box in the trunk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread