Post Thanks / Like

It’s been a while, back with an issue. I think.

I’ve had to take a break from here due to family loss and all that. It’s been rough but the ol 2010 Challenger has been hanging in there. Now it’s doing a new trick though.

My AFR gauge used to read the normal stoic readings between 15.5 and 14.3. One day at idle and cruising it would not come up from 13.2 to 14.7. And it stayed that way for a while. Today it seems to have shifted to 15.7 to 16.8 for no apparent reason at idle and cruising. I know cars just don’t do what ever they want for no reason, especially if it’s tuned. I’ve changed my spark plugs to see if it would fix my rich readings. It didn’t. But now I’m here and I’m not sure what else this could be before I go and buy a new set of fuel injectors or a fuel pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    How old is the system? Maybe the wide band sensor is going bad.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.75 pulley, fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, tuned by Dings Racing, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans
    Thanks Lopez11b thanked for this post
    Likes PaRtY_StArTeR, Lopez11b, TEDDYSRT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    2nd the wideband o2 sensor, is it an AEM by chance?
    [CENTER]2006 300C SRT8
    2017 Hellcat exhaust / MF High flow cats / LMI Air Hammer / Mopar Perfomance TCM / Diablo Trinity / Johan (Diablotoona) Tuned / Pedders TrackII springs and shocks / '16 Scat pack front sway bar 32mm / Bwoody Hellcat front end links / Arrington billet strut tower brace / UPR pro series bump stop kit / Custom Air-Oil separator all braided lines & AN fittings/ Mishimoto 180* T-stat / Speedlogix billet front adj control arms / HyLift Johnson roller lifters -What "Hemi tick"/ + HRF
    [/CENTER]
    Likes Lopez11b liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    How old is the system? Maybe the wide band sensor is going bad.
    Hmmm I’d say it’s maybe around 15K old maybe a little older maybe a little younger. How long do these typically last? Since it’s a redundant monitoring system wouldn’t it only capture readings and not affect anything else? I’m definitely smelling more fuel and when it was running lean last night it almost felt like it wasn’t running as rough

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDDYSRT View Post
    2nd the wideband o2 sensor, is it an AEM by chance?
    Na brotha it’s a Cobalt Autometer System. I’ve made arrangements for the local speed shop to diagnose the big girl on the 17th. We’ll know for sure by then. I’m hoping it’s something as simple as a sensor.

Post Thanks / Like
    If A/F was at all(!) not what is being commanded by the PCM (through four O2 sensors no-less), it would set a DTC. The problem is not with anything on the engine side.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    If A/F was at all(!) not what is being commanded by the PCM (through four O2 sensors no-less), it would set a DTC. The problem is not with anything on the engine side.
    Hmm, so your guess would be a faulty sensor somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez11b View Post
    Hmm, so your guess would be a faulty sensor somewhere?

Any of the four OEM 02 sensors, if they fail to report properly one or more DTCs are activated and won't go away until it is dealt with. Both open and closed loop commanded A / F is carefully controlled, monitored real-time and reported if any one of a plethora of parameters fall outside of their expected ranges.

It only leaves one possibility; the aftermarket wideband...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-02-2019 at 11:27 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Lopez11b liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Any of the four OEM 02 sensors, if they fail to report properly a DTC is set and won't go away until it is dealt with. Both open and closed loop commanded A / F is carefully controlled, monitored real-time and reported if anyone of a plethora of parameters fall outside of their expected ranges.

It only leaves one possibility; the aftermarket wideband...
    I see, the pre cat sensors are relatively new, ah I take that back the passenger side O2 sensor is 8 years old I believe. My post cat sensors have been tuned out of existence for a few years now. After the change to a rich fuel condition a month ago I took the car to dodge to see if their code reader would pick anything up. They found nothin, it sounds like it could be indeed the lonely AFR wideband sensor. We shall see though! Place your bets boys gentlemen, Jan17 we’ll know It’s been a while, back with an issue. I think.It’s been a while, back with an issue. I think.