Post Thanks / Like

Electrical issue...

I am the original owner of my '06 Magnum SRT8. Early on, I swapped out the standard headlamp control switch with the auto on-off type (Dodge was excessively cheap back then). Over the past year when the switch is set to "auto", every once in a while, the headlights turn off and all of the idiots lights on the dash flash on then off. At that point I have to turn the lights on manually and everything else appears to functioning normally.
    Does anybody have an idea what the issue is?

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew I forgot something...
    Thinking that the switch module was the culprit, I replaced it with a new one. I'm still having the same issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can override the dash lights to be “on” so that they do not dim when headlights are turned on. Useful at dusk, not so much at night.

doh! Never mind, just realized I missed that you are talking about the idiot lights NOT the dash lights. I believe there is a thread in the KB about adding auto h/l... there might be some info in there.
    Last edited by fjmg; 03-26-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a bunch of keys on the ignition key ring? According to a locksmith buddy, he replaces more ignitions from people have too many keys on the ignition key ring. I personally have replaced two ignition switches on my 06 and 07 dodges. There is a pin DORMAN924739 actuator pin that breaks over time. Same thing would happen before replacement, all lights would turn off and come back on, dash lights blinking all over the place. You could test this if it happens again. When it does, wiggle the ignition key see if that changes anything...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow yes that would explain it.
    2018 R/T Scat Pack
    SOLD
    13 Granite R/T Challenger
    SOLD14 Plum Crazy R/T Charger
    SOLD 07 Plum Daytona 12.854 @ 106.73 Stock Heads, Cam, Intake & Muffler

Post Thanks / Like
    A tidbit for anyone with an 05-08' RT / SXT; all the headlight switch assemblies are the same, except the RT's have a tab that negates the Auto Headlight feature. Simply trimming that tab allows the knob to be turned to the left - one more detent. Viola, auto headlights.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels