Post Thanks / Like

Whats the best tuning tool for the 6.4?

I'm looking for a good Tuning tool for my 6.4 Sact pack. Is Diablo the best or HP Tuners? What are you guys using to tune yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can find someone who knows how to properly use HP tuners it is by far and away superior to Diablo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuning is as subjective as tires and exhaust. One isn't better than the other, regardless of what you're going to hear.

Good tuners run neck and neck with both Diablo and HP.

If you are familiar with tuning and are confident you won't grenade your engine, then HP would be the way to go. If not, then Diablo and an email tune would be the better route.

Either way, an unlocked PCM is needed (which you probably already knew).

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Good points how ever based off what I've been shown, HP tuners is a much more intricate software....A reputable shop in Toronto(I wont name them for obvious reasons) tuned car my car using diablo and it made 490whp. A very well known tuner here in Ottawa used HP and was able to pull 610whp out of my car with the same set up on 91 octane. And yes the tune is very safe...I've driven the piss out of the car and it's been more then fine. This made me a believer of HP tuners. You can make more detailed adjustments with HP then you can with Diablo, but requires that the tuner must know the software in and out. That's my understanding.
    Last edited by 300srt8v56; 10-08-2019 at 12:42 AM.
    Likes jjo, ric3xrt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have friend whose had great luck with Syked Ecu Tuning | Dodge Tuning Software | Mopar Tuning | ... .......but his main go to is HP for most of his tunes.
    10.55 @ 130 , Not bad for NA392 ,4400lbs truck

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a 6.4 (booo hoooo), but I do have all three of the most popular tuners.....Superchips, Diablosport and HP Tuners. As said above by punisher69 , the Diablosport with a good email tune is probably the best (and least difficult) way to go. On my 5.7 and 6.1 LX's I use modified DS tunes with engine and transmission tweaks done with the HP Tuner. Also, as said above, the biggest issues with the HP Tuner are the learning curve and the real possibility of screwing something up. Fortunately I haven't (yet), but it is sometimes very frustrating to work with and takes quite a bit of time to figure things out and then apply them properly. For me, it's lots of research, trial and error.....one step at a time and back everything up.
    06 300CSRT8, Comp cammed, 85mm TB, HP/DS Tuners, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT (5.7's) both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.