Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    I don't think that is correct. The Trinity always had options for AC on and off and they always kick on at my set point of 194 F and my ac is nearly always on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It does; along with all DS OBDII units. You can alter the values but they have no effect.

Another anomaly is the medium speed fan setting in either mode...does nothing.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 01-22-2020 at 09:44 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm remembering correctly, old school T.S. for hwy speed run hot, [aside from collapsing lower hose], was a worn impeller on water pump...How many miles on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also seen cars with the radiator clogged with cotton wood. Ac condenser had a little on it but radiator covered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well now that I’m in the process of tearing down the entire top side of the engine I decided to boil the tstat. Opened all the way right at 190.
    2006 300C SRT8, Mopar cold air intake, Magnaflow shorty headers, cats and exhaust. KW Variant 2 suspension, Pioneer head unit, 10" Infinity sub with custom built box in the trunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing I’ve done has solved the issue as of yet. Once I get the cam and top end all put back together and tune ill
    let you know the results.
    2006 300C SRT8, Mopar cold air intake, Magnaflow shorty headers, cats and exhaust. KW Variant 2 suspension, Pioneer head unit, 10" Infinity sub with custom built box in the trunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    All the parts were worn (185000 miles) and just did it mostly as preventative. Yea I’m well aware of new parts fail, especially mopr, due to the fact that I’m a Chrysler service advisor. However, it’s not the t-stat. Did the boil test, more than incense, and it opened up all the way right at 180-190.

Post Thanks / Like
    Water pump was replaced and the original impeller had no wear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Radiator is new and has good flow.

Post Thanks / Like
    One last note, if the thermostat were the issue, wouldn’t it make sense that when I was running wirh NO thermostat that the problem would have disapated? Just a thought. I’m really beginning to suspect the radiator size just isn’t up to the job and maybe going to a fluiddyne 4 core. If that doesn’t do it, MOTHING will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds lie a t-stat and if so you have some bad luck with them.
    I had one warning me the same as yours and eventually failed to open and got hot.

They can loose the wax medium that expands and operated the opening motor. Here is a pic on the one that got me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG11 View Post
    One last note, if the thermostat were the issue, wouldn’t it make sense that when I was running wirh NO thermostat that the problem would have disapated? Just a thought. I’m really beginning to suspect the radiator size just isn’t up to the job and maybe going to a fluiddyne 4 core. If that doesn’t do it, MOTHING will.
    There was road course discussion years ago about the flow rate within the cooling system being so high that without a T-stat installed, coolant would not linger long enough within the radiator to be cooled sufficiently.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Jim McVeigh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm....interesting. Well once I get the top end all back together I’ll report anything out of sorts and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this was an interesting thread and have learn a lot about our cooling systems. However I’ve found my issue a little too late lol. It was the heater core hose assembly near the firewall. It must’ve gotten sliced when reinstalling my heads or from my wiper blade assembly. I know it sounds far fetched but it happened. It jumped timing so I had to rebuild again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn! FYI, those "T" fittings back there are notorious for cracking with any kind of long milage or time on them.

Likes Lowlife44 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12