Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slated4Greatness View Post
    Thank you, I just couldn't bring myself to hammer it into place. It may be ok but it just makes me cringe. The Amazon tool will be here Tuesday as the one that O'Reilys had was too short to reach the internal threads on the crank.
    You are welcome. The long reach balancer installer tool is made even better with the addition of a 3/4 inch socket. Since the balancer bolt is recessed fairly deep inside the balancer, the 3/4" socket will allow the tool to be used in the normal fashion, except the nut will be brought out a couple of inches making it easier to turn. It needs to be a 3/4 inch socket as the tool's shaft needs to fit through the 3/4" hole. It won't fit through a 1/2" socket you likely already have.

I bought a 2" sized 3/4 inch socket for this and also for pressing in the new crank seal into the front cover using the balancer install tool too, before pressing the balancer on. You use the long reach balancer installer in exactly the same way as you would for the balancer to press in the seal easily. You need the 3/4" socket to press near the edge of the seal as the nut and bearing of the tool will have nothing to press against without it. So that one 3/4" socket is used twice and for me made its $20 CAD price tag palatable.
    Thanks Slated4Greatness thanked for this post
    Likes Slated4Greatness liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE: Finally got the long reach installer and it went right on with the 1 5/16" 3/4" socket spacer! While trying to torque to 129 Ft/Lbs, I broke 2 strap wrenches and even built 2 more with the old serpentine belt. Ended up pulling the inspection cover on the trans and using a prybar to keep the flex plate from turning. Fired it, filled it, and burped it.. Now just need to put the fascia and belly pan back on..

Thank you all for the help!
    2012 300 SRT8: 22" Vossen wheels, Nitto 420 265/35/22 front and 295/30/22 rear, SLP Bigmouth II exhaust, Tuned by Hemifever, Mishimoto 180° stat, Legmaker Tru CAI.
    I am silently correcting you're gramar and speling.
    Likes Rockhound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE: Finally got the long reach installer and it went right on with the 1 5/16" 3/4" socket spacer! While trying to torque to 129 Ft/Lbs, I broke 2 strap wrenches and even built 2 more with the old serpentine belt. Ended up pulling the inspection cover on the trans and using a prybar to keep the flex plate from turning. Fired it, filled it, and burped it.. Now just need to put the fascia and belly pan back on..

Thank you all for the help!
    Good job! Fun - ain't it :^)

BTW; coaching these dampners on with a dead blow is done everywhere. Years ago and before less expensive tools were made available, two respected Members with more knowledge than most on here (CAM and HEM31)...did just that - heated the snout and used a dead blow till the old bolt could seat them. The crank etcetera...couldn't care less.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Good job! Fun - ain't it :^)

BTW; coaching these dampners on with a dead blow is done everywhere. Years ago and before less expensive tools were made available, two respected Members with more knowledge than most on here (CAM and HEM31)...did just that - heated the snout and used a dead blow till the old bolt could seat them. The crank etcetera...couldn't care less.
    I don't doubt you a bit, just couldn't bring myself to do it, lol... For the most part everything came apart and went back together very easily.
    2012 300 SRT8: 22" Vossen wheels, Nitto 420 265/35/22 front and 295/30/22 rear, SLP Bigmouth II exhaust, Tuned by Hemifever, Mishimoto 180° stat, Legmaker Tru CAI.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't doubt you a bit, just couldn't bring myself to do it, lol... For the most part everything came apart and went back together very easily.
    I think you'd agree; doing this without dropping the radiator / condenser out of the way would have been a royal PITA. I'm curious why you couldn't bring your self to a dead blow. You would have completed the job days ago...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, removing the radiator and even the throttle body made the job possible. My friend doesn't let me play with his anvil because I would probably break it..
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Another helpful hint: You can use a 19mm socket to turn the radiator petcock (Much easier on your fingers)..
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Another helpful hint: You can use a 19mm socket to turn the radiator petcock (Much easier on your fingers)..

Note also - it can be turned all the way out and new O-rings installed :^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    I think you'd agree; doing this without dropping the radiator / condenser out of the way would have been a royal PITA. I'm curious why you couldn't bring your self to a dead blow. You would have completed the job days ago...
    School me on this please, on old Mopars I was always worried I'd damage the crankshaft thrust bearing..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuitlx View Post
    School me on this please, on old Mopars I was always worried I'd damage the crankshaft thrust bearing..
    You're referring to old technology; All 3G Hemis use half-moon (flat) thrust washers either side of journal #3. If memory serves, there's some descriptor pics in any of the Factory Service Manuals (use Search or Find utility, keywords thrust washer).

Thanks pursuitlx thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12