Post Thanks / Like

Upgraded sway bars today, strut brace last weekend.

Holy hell did that make a difference. I bought the Petty's​ garage front and rear. And razors edge strut brace.
    Last weekend I installed the strut brace. I wanted to be able to tell if it actually made a difference. Handling: I don't really think so. Going over speed humps it felt more solid. It didn't do the normal flex, it felt like I was hitting harder. So yes more stuff over all.
    This weekend sway bars. Front bar is the 35mm rear I believe was 22. Front was cake to put in. Maybe a half hour of work on jack stands. Rear, total pain but manageable with nothing more than hand tools.
    Handling now is amazing. Level corners much more fun. My car isnt a rocket. It's my daily, but living where I live I'm more interested in a good cruise than breaking the bank with tires (which I would, love that smell.)
    Very worth the 600 bucks plus shipping spent! Don't Tell the lady I share the bed with it was that much.

Sent from my XT1254 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Thanks ronan978 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear - do you get any straight line traction help with those? Or is it just to help out with cornering?

Post Thanks / Like
    Petty bars are 1mm larger than the Hellcats in front and the same in the rear. They're also adjustable. I put them on my 05 Magnum RT last year. I have only had them on the middle hole so far and they're great. Went from a floaty boat to a nice corner carver with the addition of OEM take off 2015 Charger R/T 20" wheels/tires. Straight line traction at stock height didn't seem to change with the bars for me. Lowering it killed traction since now I have negative camber and I haven't found a good rear solution yet.
    Thanks blue_devil, jcavery thanked for this post
    Likes jcavery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    GETGONE, still liking the Petty sway bars?

I went to Petty's Garage website. Apparently they do not offer suspension parts for my 2006 Magnum RT?? Even though I am 99% certain the sway bars are very universal (09-14 Challenger/06-11 Charger/05-08 Magnum/04-11 300C). I did find this Part Number (PG-SB-005-KIT) which is related to a 2006/Chrysler/300/SRT8.

Does that part number sound familiar? Thanks!
    2006 (Manu.Date 5/05) Magnum RT (midnight blue) - STOCK... Rolled over 100K on the OD. Just general maintenance for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_devil View Post
    GETGONE, still liking the Petty sway bars?I went to Petty's Garage website. Apparently they do not offer are very universal (09-14 Challenger/06-11 Charger/05-08 Magnum/04-11 300C). I did find this Part Number (PG-SB-005-KIT) which is related to a 2006/Chrysler/300/SRT8. Does that part number sound familiar? Thanks!
    Buy these from Progress Group... Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Run2jeepn,Those are among my top 3 choices. Pettys, Pedders, Progress Group. All good bars!But the Pettys are blue, like my Magnum and they're the least expensive for basically the same bar (adjustible and diameter).
    Last edited by blue_devil; 06-16-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    2006 (Manu.Date 5/05) Magnum RT (midnight blue) - STOCK... Rolled over 100K on the OD. Just general maintenance for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I ordered back in 2016 per the email they sent me:
    Item: Petty's Garage Adjustable Sway Bar Kit (23905543)
    But looks like they revised part numbers or something but what you have looks correct when I went to their web site.
    Last edited by GETGONE; 06-16-2019 at 08:12 PM.