Post Thanks / Like

Does 275 Fitment Depend on What Wheels you Have?

So after reading a bunch here on the forum I decided to go to Continental DWS06 275/40-20 all around on my '16 Scat Pack Challenger. Then last weekend I was under the car doing an oil change, and the stock 245's run only about 1/2" or less away from the spindle. By eyeball, it looks like 275's may not fit. Reading more about the various types of stock rims, it seems there are different offsets also. From what I can tell mine are 20x9 with +25.5 offset. Is it possible that 275's only fit if rims have +18mm offset? These are the rims I have: https://midwestwheelandtire.com/wp-c...r_wheel_20.jpg According to specs on the tires, the new 275's are + 1.3" on section width. Adjusting for measured rim width, this will result in the 275 being 0.7" wider than the 245 on the same rim, bringing the tire 0.35" closer to the spindle. Technically might fit but is there a minimum clearance that the tire should run from the spindle? How long do I need to be a member here before admins turn on HTML and I can type in paragraphs?
    Last edited by burbman; 11-14-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    2005 Magnum R/T *sold* Now:2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5 Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by burbman View Post
    So after reading a bunch here on the forum I decided to go to Continental DWS06 275/40-20 all around on my '16 Scat Pack Challenger. Then last weekend I was under the car doing an oil change, and the stock 245's run only about 1/2" or less away from the spindle. By eyeball, it looks like 275's may not fit. Reading more about the various types of stock rims, it seems there are different offsets also. From what I can tell mine are 20x9 with +25.5 offset. Is it possible that 275's only fit if rims have +18mm offset? These are the rims I have: https://midwestwheelandtire.com/wp-c...r_wheel_20.jpg According to specs on the tires, the new 275's are + 1.3" on section width. Adjusting for measured rim width, this will result in the 275 being 0.7" wider than the 245 on the same rim, bringing the tire 0.35" closer to the spindle. Technically might fit but is there a minimum clearance that the tire should run from the spindle? How long do I need to be a member here before admins turn on HTML and I can type in paragraphs?
    If those are the wheels you're running, the 275/40's will fit the front with no worries. I ran them on my stock wheels too.

HTML seems to be seriously lacking l, regardless of the time your here. I just hit enter a few times and keep typing lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    x2 on what he said...they'll fit, no problem
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks guys! Trying not to overthink this but if I spend $1k on new tires and they don't fit it's on my nickel because they're not stock size. Honestly not in love with these wheels but they seem very sturdy considering some of the potholes we have around here and also not in the budget to replace them just yet. I hit ENTER twice here and the spaces disappear when the post publishes....
    Last edited by burbman; 11-15-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    2005 Magnum R/T *sold* Now:2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5 Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by burbman View Post
    Ok thanks guys! Trying not to overthink this but if I spend $1k on new tires and they don't fit it's on my nickel because they're not stock size. Honestly not in love with these wheels but they seem very sturdy considering some of the potholes we have around here and also not in the budget to replace them just yet. I hit ENTER twice here and the spaces disappear when the post publishes....
    Yea no worries future reference just pm someone with a lot of comments or someone that has talked wheels and tires in other threads most likely we have done the homework for you already. And yea I don’t like the stock SP wheels at all lol. They speak Honda Accord to me for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I am also going to 275s on 20x9 rim also. Thank all for info.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be fine but you can always add a spacer of there is a clearance issue.

On my 300srt, I am running a 20x9 25.5 offset with a 275/40 Michelin PS4S up front. It clears fine but I hear some rubbing on full lock turns. I'll throw a spacer on there to fix that. I had a 285/35 Michelin PSS with a 3mm spacer previously and had good clearance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 305/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like

Does 275 Fitment Depend on What Wheels you Have?

I have 20x9 after markets front an rear, I run staggered an I’m lowered for 245 in front an 275 in rear no adapters needed

Last edited by HemifeverAZ; 11-16-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you fit a 375 tire on a 20x9 rim?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    How did you fit a 375 tire on a 20x9 rim?
    Correct 275

Likes punisher69 liked this post