Post Thanks / Like

R/T Axle Upgrades

Has anyone upgraded the rear axles on their 2015+ Charger R/T? If so, could you share which axles you upgraded to?

I would like to confirm whether the DSS Hellcat axles work for my 2017 Charger R/T. They only list them as fitting the SRT and Hellcat/Redeye/Demon, but I know SRT axles work in the R/T.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Challenger Redeye and Widebody axles are the strongest from FCA right now. They have 41 splines at the CV joint compared to 38 for the others and they bolt right in on Challenger. I would assume the new Charger Widebody will use this same halfshaft.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the info. Hoping someone can confirm what they've done on a 2015+ R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't want to start a new thread for the same topic - Hoping to get confirmation on this. Has anyone on this forum upgraded the axles on their 2015+ R/T? Really close to pulling the trigger on DSS's Hellcat/Demon 1400HP axles but could be a pretty costly move if they won't work for my setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmx5 View Post
    Don't want to start a new thread for the same topic - Hoping to get confirmation on this. Has anyone on this forum upgraded the axles on their 2015+ R/T? Really close to pulling the trigger on DSS's Hellcat/Demon 1400HP axles but could be a pretty costly move if they won't work for my setup.

Why risk an answer here...when you can actually speak real-time to those who sell them?
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

Why risk an answer here...when you can actually speak real-time to those who sell them?
    I'm here because I don't want to risk..

I spoke with DSS, HHP and others earlier today - All believe they should work, but haven't actually installed them on an R/T and could not confirm.
    Likes OlGeezer2018 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you find out if they'll work? I'm wanting to upgrade to the 300mm axles and I can't find out any info on this either

Post Thanks / Like
    Still cannot confirm. I am running Hellcat/SRT axles successfully though, so if these work I don't see why the DSS' wouldn't

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have to change your rear knuckle to run the 392/hellcat axles? I tried to install the a set on my ‘16 R/T and had an issue with the outer cv hub rubbing on the ebrake cable bracket where it attaches to the knuckle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually do have SRT knuckles now so I'm not sure - That's a good question. Maybe if you just upgraded that ebrake part to the shorter SRT version?

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI; pre-15' rear knuckles are identical throughout all platforms.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels