Post Thanks / Like

Converted 2018 300C Hemi to 2018 Charger Scat Pack suspension, how to make it softer?

I recently converted my 2018 Chrysler 300C 5.7 car to a complete 2018 Charger 392 Scat Pack suspension including Brembos. In the back I swapped the entire rear cradle complete with differential and all suspension and brakes (so I could get the 3.09 LSD). In the front we did the brakes, struts and springs, sway bar, and spindle. Wheels and tires are also from the Charger parts car. I guess I'm getting old because the car just rides too harsh for me lol. I haven't really ridden in any other 2015-up Charger 392/Scat Pack as a comparison, but I'm assuming they would ride the same/similar as the chassis' are the same between the 300 and Charger. Naturally, the original suspension on my car was more compliant and had a higher ride height (I do like the lowered stance). I know Chrysler still sells 300 SRTs in other markets, not sure if they would have softer springs? I'm going to try and find a VIN for one of these and see if my local dealer can look it up and see what part number it has for springs and shocks/struts. Are there other options? What about these DemonKiller springs? Ultimately to me the ideal ride would be something in the middle of what my car had stock, and the current Scat Pack suspension.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a new '10 Challenger R/T that I installed some new '10 Challenger SRT springs and shocks on. The stock R/T stuff had been pretty floaty and the SRT stuff tightened it up real nice and lowered the car about an inch. Definitely more firm, but very acceptable and welcome. I was real happy.

I then got a new, '15 Scat Pack Challenger which was essentially a '14 SRT (before they went to the active, adjustable suspension in '15). Although the suspension all LOOKED the same as what I put in my '10, it DID feel a little more firm than my '10, almost to the point where it was a little too firm for me, but it was acceptable because I wasn't about to change out from some aftermarket stuff (cost). Now, I'm approaching 70 years, so I'm no young gun who wants firm, go cart handling.

I now have a '19 Hellcat RE that has the active suspension. I use the "street" setting as opposed to sport or track. The ride is like my '10 with the '10 SRT suspension, so I'm real happy.

I guess your best way is to start checking all part numbers and do some cross referencing among year models and see what you can find. I do remember that the early SRT Chryslers had a slightly softer suspension than the SRT Chargers and Challenger because... well, because it is more of a luxury car.

Although I don't have any absolute help for you, I'm hoping this info gives you something to think about and use in your research. Good luck with your car. They sure are beautiful...
    Last edited by Cuda SRT8; 02-24-2020 at 03:03 AM.
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda FB with MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 and S60 Dana
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in B5 Blue (797h.p.)
    '19 Ram 1500 4x4 Hydro Edition (5.7 Hemi)
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

Post Thanks / Like
    Original SRT 300's used a stiffer spring than the 300C but softer than their Charger/Magnum & Challenger counterparts: R/T and SRT spring rates for LX models
    Find a set of original SRT 300 coils and swap those in. Should still be firmer than your originals but softer than the Scats you put in.
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2017 300s with the 6 Piston Brembo conversion and Mopar Stage 1 Springs. My ride is great. So the question is.......is it Shocks or Spring rates creating the harshness? If you still have the stock Struts and Shock. You could swap the rears fairly easily and see if it make a differance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny H View Post
    I have a 2017 300s with the 6 Piston Brembo conversion and Mopar Stage 1 Springs. My ride is great. So the question is.......is it Shocks or Spring rates creating the harshness? If you still have the stock Struts and Shock. You could swap the rears fairly easily and see if it make a differance.
    Ride opinion is subjective; what one person may consider a great ride may be too much for someone else. Ride quality is a combo of both and other parts of the design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having had a '18 Charger R/T (5.7) and a '19 Charger Scat now....the Scat suspension is/was definitely stiffer.
    I don't find it unbearable by any means, but there totally is/was a difference

Look for 300 SRT springs like Magnoom suggested
    2019 Charger Scat Pack
    Likes Magnoom liked this post