Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JD323 View Post
    I'm really not sure to be honest. I believe there is both Bosch and Siemens TCM's. I think the Siemens were the earlier build. I'll pull it out tomorrow and take some more pics of it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    I just sent you PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JD323 View Post
    I have a 2006 300C SRT8 parts car. I'd be willing to send you the TCM if you'd like to swap yours out to rule that out. Just pay the shipping and send it back when you're done, or if it ends up fixing the issue, I'd sell it for $40. Here's a pic of it for part number reference.

2006 SRT8 TCM 2006 SRT8 TCM - Album on Imgur

That’s just awesome, and what this forum is truly about. Helping each other out
    GOOD LOOKING OUT TO JD323!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gjdpk View Post
    I just sent you PM.
    Pm replied to.

Post Thanks / Like
    A HUGE THANK YOU for the kindness give by JD323! Unfortunately that TCM did not change / fix my problem. That TCM worked, but worked just like my factory unit did; same issue remains.

Very puzzling. It looks like I'll be making an appointment with a Dodge dealership to look at it and hopefully they are straight-up with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    For sure you have to come back and post what the issue turns out to be.
    2005 Magnum R/T *sold* Now:2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5 Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, this is why i don't do this ****.. haha This would be me for sure. Simple maintenance and bam, windows won't roll up.. haha
    20% window tint Custom Wrap Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40r20

Post Thanks / Like
    Rebuilt my valvebody. Fixed my issue.

After a lot of logical troubleshooting, internet research, scouring forums, using the 9500 page LX Platform service manual for guidance, and part replacement, it turns out that rebuilding my valvebody was the fix.

I pulled it out and broke it down to the base parts. Cleaned the parts with brake cleaner and compressed air. Then lubed up all the valves, springs, check balls, and screens with tranny fluid as I reinstalled everything. I also installed the Sonnax Overlap Control Valve Sleeve Kit and the Sonnax TCC Damper Valve Sleeve Kit. Got everything reinstalled. Worked like a charm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gjdpk View Post
    Rebuilt my valvebody. Fixed my issue.

After a lot of logical troubleshooting, internet research, scouring forums, using the 9500 page LX Platform service manual for guidance, and part replacement, it turns out that rebuilding my valvebody was the fix.

I pulled it out and broke it down to the base parts. Cleaned the parts with brake cleaner and compressed air. Then lubed up all the valves, springs, check balls, and screens with tranny fluid as I reinstalled everything. I also installed the Sonnax Overlap Control Valve Sleeve Kit and the Sonnax TCC Damper Valve Sleeve Kit. Got everything reinstalled. Worked like a charm.
    Good job; what was root cause?
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, go see the dealer.

You'll spend more time and money chasing this thing down and maybe fouling things up in the process. If my experience any anything like normal, you'll bring it in, tell them what's misbehaving. The writer will tell you go into the lounge, have some coffee, read the paper a bit. When all is squared away, the writer will come back in, hand you the keys and your good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Tom LaBelle View Post
    Hey, go see the dealer.

You'll spend more time and money chasing this thing down and maybe fouling things up in the process. If my experience any anything like normal, you'll bring it in, tell them what's misbehaving. The writer will tell you go into the lounge, have some coffee, read the paper a bit. When all is squared away, the writer will come back in, hand you the keys and your good to go.
    Yeah you keep believing that bud.

Thanks ODB thanked for this post
    Likes ODB, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done. I had a cop car with a Nag - stopped moving. No rev or drive. Our hotline said something was broke in gear train.I didnt believe that. Pulled apart and all was mint. Valve body fixed it. There are no pressure ports to measure pump output. They also told me to isolate the electrical side by starting it upand disconnecting the connector at trans. They said I should have 3rd gear default and manual reverse. Bull- I found out a nag needs electrical power to operate. There is no manual valve movement for hydrualics

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Tom LaBelle View Post
    Hey, go see the dealer.

Sounds like a television show , and not reality tv:(

Post Thanks / Like

changed transmission fluid, drove car, engine light came on and now in limp mode

Yeah this is reality, you go to the dealer and tell them what it’s doing. They drive it and hook it to their computer, tell you they can’t replicate the issue, you go with them and point it out, they tell you it’s normal, they bill you for 150$ and you still have the same problem, you go home and come here and we tell you what to check, you go back to the dealer and suggest it to them, they tell you no it’s a different part, you opt to go ahead and replace the part they suggest and they bill you 600$, you drive home and the problem is still there, then you go back to the dealer and try unsuccessfully to get your money back, then you come here again and we figure it out together, then you replace the broken part for 100$ yourself and tell us your story about the stealership.

Likes ODB, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    Yeah this is reality, you go to the dealer and tell them what it’s doing. They drive it and hook it to their computer, tell you they can’t replicate the issue, you go with them and point it out, they tell you it’s normal, they bill you for 150$ and you still have the same problem, you go home and come here and we tell you what to check, you go back to the dealer and suggest it to them, they tell you no it’s a different part, you opt to go ahead and replace the part they suggest and they bill you 600$, you drive home and the problem is still there, then you go back to the dealer and try unsuccessfully to get your money back, then you come here again and we figure it out together, then you replace the broken part for 100$ yourself and tell us your story about the stealership.

Textbook stealership right there !!! Right on the head...

Thanks ODB thanked for this post
    Likes ODB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread has me worried. About the dealership....Im looking into just servicing my transmission and it doesnt look promising as far as putting faith in the dealer. I wouldnt attempt to change it myself because its a multi step process where you have to pay strict attention to detail or wind up like OP's problems.

I guess the ONLY saving grace is that if the dealer screws up, I have the upper hand on them making it right.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast