Thread: Fti srt88082

Post Thanks / Like

Fti srt88082

So I am running an Edge Racing 3600 stall that worked well will my stock bottom 5.7 with a srtmaxcam and 6.1 top half. Now I am running a 6.7 stroker from Inertia Motorsports with the 6.1 top, kooks headers and full 3" exhaust. The Edge converter now does not seem as ideal as it once was my 60' time is still 1.7x like it was with the 5.7...I am looking at the FTI 4000 stall. On the Dyno my peak torque hit at 5400 and hp hit at 6300 so I will be raising shift points to 6800, also running 3.92 gears.

My question is should I go big with the 4400 stall or 4000? I do street drive the car for cruise events and car shows so I think the 4000 would be just fine not sure how much the 4400 would help at the track where I run slicks.

Looking for opinions
    410 stroker, 3.91 getrag and 3600 Edge Stall Convertor

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go as close to your peak torque as that's where you'll get the best launch. My car had an Fti triple clutch 4400 in it when I got it and worked well, even throughout the winter (NH). My torque hits at 4400 too so it launched real good on street tires but I never tried with drag radials.

It was quite fun though to bark the tires at 70mph when mashing the gas and dropping to third gear on the highway. Since then, I had to replace my transmission and swapped to a Pro-Torque 2800-3000 converter and never could launch well after that. I pulled the Pro-Torque and replaced with a 2800-3000 Dominator and the car launches hard again as the converter is a little looser. When the budget permits though, I'll be going back to the 4400.

Hope this helps.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Likes PlumCrazyDaytona liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    I would go as close to your peak torque as that's where you'll get the best launch. My car had an Fti triple clutch 4400 in it when I got it and worked well, even throughout the winter (NH). My torque hits at 4400 too so it launched real good on street tires but I never tried with drag radials.

It was quite fun though to bark the tires at 70mph when mashing the gas and dropping to third gear on the highway. Since then, I had to replace my transmission and swapped to a Pro-Torque 2800-3000 converter and never could launch well after that. I pulled the Pro-Torque and replaced with a 2800-3000 Dominator and the car launches hard again as the converter is a little looser. When the budget permits though, I'll be going back to the 4400.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the input! I will be calling FTI in the morning and Ill post up what they recomment
    Likes ChuckWagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoke with FTI this morning and learned the 4000 stall has a stall to torque ration of 2.48:1. So this thing should hit very hard off the line and really help out my 60' times. So I will be placing my order for this converter very soon. Well as soon as my HemiTuner TCM shows up.
    Likes tomoro, ChuckWagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hemi Tuner TCM received, FTI Stall will arrive Monday and next week Johan the Diablotooner will start his black magic!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well alright! The fun is about to get real now
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Likes PlumCrazyDaytona liked this post