Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, trs300 and Nuke.

How about an update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuitlx View Post
    Hey, trs300 and Nuke.

How about an update?
    I went ahead and grabbed a used trans from a wrecking yard and had it put in. I had abused mine so thoroughly that it was already acting weird, and it had 185K miles on it to begin with. So I just went the replace route to get it done and get car back ASAP.
    2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg (2018 - ?)
    -- The Bacon Hauler
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Challenger Rallye Redline ed. (2015 - 2018)
    2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    I went ahead and grabbed a used trans from a wrecking yard and had it put in. I had abused mine so thoroughly that it was already acting weird, and it had 185K miles on it to begin with. So I just went the replace route to get it done and get car back ASAP.
    Great to hear!
    So no loose nuts ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuitlx View Post
    Great to hear!
    So no loose nuts ?
    No, unless you count the one behind the steering wheel...

That one is rather large and hard-headed, and perpetually loose I’m afraid, but some things just have to be lived with...
    -- The Bacon Hauler
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trs300 View Post
    Hello - I have a 2005 300C NAG1 5 speed.

Today as I was accelerating and heard a loud bang at about 25-30 mph (sounded like I hit something) - the car suddenly wouldn't drive while in gear (luckily i had enough momentum to get me off the road). The engine is running fine and I have never had a transmission issue nor were there any warning signs of a bad tranny (slipping, hard shifts, etc).

I've checked the rear differential as a possible culprit and the driveshaft and u joint seem to be in tact. No fluids leaking.
    It's in my driveway now - it starts/runs, but won't catch any gear at all. (NO CODES)

I can place the gear shift in Reverse or Drive but the car does not "Go into gear". Also, once in drive it will not go into Manual Shift at all. When I place the shifter back into park It makes a noise like the "Park Lock Pin" is not fully engaging and it makes a terrible sound. I have to shut the car down immediately.

The TCM has power... Again, no CEL codes. I've not yet checked the Ohm resistance on the shift valves to see if they look normal.

Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has had a similar scenario happen?

Regards, Tim
    This same thing happened to me about a year ago, ended up being the rear diff. I was driving at 60 mph when it happened and was able to coast 2 miles almost making it to my work. Couldn't quite make it all the way, but luckily there's a park and ride a block away from my work I was able to pull into. I too thought it was the tranny, but when I put it in park I got the grinding of the parking pin. Put it in gear and look under the car and see if your drive shaft is spinning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Update for my situation: it happened to my replacement transmission yesterday, and after getting the car up on some jack stands, it did turn out to be the nut that holds the yoke on the output spline had come loose. This allows the yoke to back off the output spline, and that effectively disconnects the transmission from the drive shaft and rear end in terms of transmitting power to turn the rear wheels.

In other words, when this happens, the car stops moving under its own power...
    -- The Bacon Hauler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12