Post Thanks / Like

13 AWD RT terrible shifts 1-2

Recently bought a 13 Charger RT+ with AWD. Everything was fine for a while then out of nowhere, my wife complained of super hard shift into 2nd gear. It's a super hard jerk, like sport mode X2. It has sport mode and it's off. This only happens from 1-2.

Dealership I bought it from checked it. They said this- see picture. I was at the tail end of a three month powertrain warranty. So whatever. I changed fluid and filter, etc. Same thing. It shifts normal from 2-3 and up.I asked the dealer if the transmission control module was up to date- they said it was.

So now I'm wondering I have an issue with a shift solenoid not working right. I've used software to do a transmission reset. Lastly, I can see all the settings with Appcar No codes either. Sport Mode Off.

Can anyone offer is any insight?

Last edited by RobsSXT; 09-06-2020 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Adding photos.
    05 Magnum AWD SXT Hemi Swap
    instagram.com/hemisxt
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think solenoid would be the first consideration. Do you have another TCM you can throw in under dash?
    Likes RobsSXT, Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t, not for the 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    instagram.com/hemisxt

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, since when does fluid break down in 7 years??

instagram.com/hemisxt
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the typical dealership fleece the consumer scenario of diagnosing an issue and it not fixing the problem, they never refund for a misdiagnoses, then continue to point out its something else. I'm glad I pull my own wrenches.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.4 PSI, Mustang-Dyno Tuned 418hp/430tq, 3.06:1, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes, Corsa CatBack, Bilstein Dampers, Catch Can, AlfaOBD enabled Sport Mode & SRT Pages, Fogs on w/High Beams, Add Reverse Cam & Auto Dimming & Tilt in Reverse Left Door Mirror.

Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    This is the typical dealership fleece the consumer scenario of diagnosing an issue and it not fixing the problem, they never refund for a misdiagnoses, then continue to point out its something else. I'm glad I pull my own wrenches.
    I pull my own too- V6 to V8 and AWD to RWD on my Magnum. I’m no stranger to this but if they offer me a warranty I expect service. Now I’m left to track this issue down myself.

instagram.com/hemisxt

Post Thanks / Like
    They are no longer what they used to be.
    In the past when I didn't have the time, or just lazy a dealership was my go-to because I knew it would be done correctly be it more costly I had confidence. Not any more.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.4 PSI, Mustang-Dyno Tuned 418hp/430tq, 3.06:1, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes, Corsa CatBack, Bilstein Dampers, Catch Can, AlfaOBD enabled Sport Mode & SRT Pages, Fogs on w/High Beams, Add Reverse Cam & Auto Dimming & Tilt in Reverse Left Door Mirror.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m comparing part numbers. I have a NAG1 at home from 06, if they are the same I can switch the solenoids over and see if that helps.

instagram.com/hemisxt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsSXT View Post
    I pull my own too- V6 to V8 and AWD to RWD on my Magnum. I’m no stranger to this but if they offer me a warranty I expect service. Now I’m left to track this issue down myself.

Hi Rob,

They've washed their hands of this?
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly yes and the warranty has been out for a bit now.

instagram.com/hemisxt

Post Thanks / Like
    Shorter shift events mean the valve has acted quicker to a request; solenoids control valve operation.

Electronics, as in the TCM, control solenoid duty cycle.

Both might need to be investigated; first order would be to check for embedded DTCs...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely no DTC’s. Checked using Appcar.

instagram.com/hemisxt