Post Thanks / Like

How Does One Inspect Half Shafts For Condition, On Bench If Necessary?

I have 140+k miles on the OE half shafts and Hubs. Everything is quiet and smooth. A recent drive shaft and couplers.

I'm going to be under there in coming weeks swapping out the open 3.06 Diff with another of the same converted to Wavetrac LSD.
    I can checkout the hubs no problem but have no experience with CV axles. This is my 1st independent rear suspension. The diff will be out so I could just pull them and have a look. Not sure how to inspect while installed other then the obvious.

I want to know how to really inspect them for signs of wearing. Or...............

The other part of me says, over 140k miles, a Supercharger added @128k dynos' 459, and going to LSD, just change em now? I would be going MOPAR OE R/T axles and SKS hubs.

Prepping, waiting ring gear bearings and the Wavetrac.

2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Open Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    No one?
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Open Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    The halfshafts are only serviceable (rebuilt) by those who do it for a living. As such, there are not replacement parts outside of boots (which even then require the skillsets to R&R).

If they are serviceable, produce no noise, keep using them.

Note that replacing parts that are in good / serviceable condition - just because one has the system disassembled - is questionable at best...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Hemihackman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I have no experience with them so I had to ask.