Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wideband

Post Thanks / Like

Wideband

Heres a quick write up on the where to /how to. I used a plx Bluetooth wideband, it was on sale for 139$ and so far is a great piece although still new. So as most know the bumge should be at least 20 or so inches from the heads. Mine is on drivers side. Welded anywhere from 9-3 o clock is suffice and at a 15° angle from flow of exhaust.
    Then install your senor in the binge and run wire through a grommet for the hood latch cable just to the right and behind you brake master cylinder. There's a hatch on the plastic for access(outside with hood open). I also popped three of the clips for better access. I then pulled the rubber grommet and made a slice to run the wideband cable inside, and reinstalled grommet with both the hood latch and wideband cable.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I then ran the cable under the dash towards the center console. For power a tapped into the power supply for the 12v accessory in front of the shifter. I double sided taped the the plx unit to the body under the center console. All panels just pull of, don't be afraid to pull them.
    The cavity there is perfect to fit the unit and all the extra cable.
    Now a ran the logging cable through the all hole in back of the cubby console. And put the rubber insert over it for when its not in use.
    Put it all back together and voila!!! Wideband, the same will work for an actual gage, but you have to pick the location for it and run cable there.
    Last edited by ronan978; 11-26-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Thanks dcpatters thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is awesome. Thanks for posting up.
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    This is awesome. Thanks for posting up.
    It was my pleasure, hope it helps some folks out.
    Forgot to mention, this is on a 16 scat charger, so I'd assume all 15+ are the same, and most lx are similar if not the same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes 91DakBuilder liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ronan, you'll love it, and the advantages you have within HPT with it. PLX is a built in supported wideband, so it's really easy to setup within the software as well, literally a 15 second configuration process. I installed my plx wideband in my 13 Challenger super easily. The installation took me about 20 minutes. Best part is, the PLX sensor doesn't need to be calibrated and works out of the box. They are a very good product.... Glad you posted up your results. I actually picked up 2 more of these using the black Friday sale. One for my soon to be Hemi swapped Dakota, and one for my drag racing Dakota. Love these things, and how accurate and easy they are to work with.
    13 Durango R/T
    13 M6 Challenger R/T
    02 M5 Dakota QC Sport
    91 TKO 600 Dakota CC
    63 Dart 3 on da Tree

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using an Innovative LC-2, but I plan try something new, like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice

How would you datalog with this with something like a Diablo? How do you relay all of the information to a tuner for say email or remote tunes?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kid_Storm; 03-04-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/c/yachtlife
    '10
    Charger 3.5 (Engine)

'10 Charger 5.7 R/T Police Package (Taken)
    01 Lincoln LS 3.9L V8 (Thrown Away)

'05 Chrysler 5.7 300C "Hemmissy"

Catless LongTubes, Mopar Exhaust, SRT MAX Cam, 20" 3-piece Adventus AVS-4, Eibach Sportline Springs, Dipped, Painted, Tinted, Decaled
    60ft:
    1/8:
    1/4:
    1Mil:
    Top Speed:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Storm View Post
    Nice

How would you datalog with this with something like a Diablo? How do you relay all of the information to a tuner for say email or remote tunes?

I1000/i2/i3, and t1000 all have a 0-5V Analog input that can be used for recording a wideband with your OBDII data.

Thanks
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Likes Kid_Storm, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice

What Mike said, there is an input on the Diablosport tuners for an analog output which should be a feature on most wideband controllers. There are a few steps to follow to then integrate that signal as an AFR PID that is incorporated into the datalogs. I am using an Innovate LC-2 and it works great with my Trinity.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Likes Kid_Storm, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    I1000/i2/i3, and t1000 all have a 0-5V Analog input that can be used for recording a wideband with your OBDII data.

Thanks
    But not a predator?
    And is a wideband actually NEEDED or can you survive fine without one? Yea I know it helps for remote tuning etc etc, but do you really need it?

Last edited by Kid_Storm; 03-06-2018 at 03:55 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/c/yachtlife
    '10
    Charger 3.5 (Engine)

'10 Charger 5.7 R/T Police Package (Taken)
    01 Lincoln LS 3.9L V8 (Thrown Away)

'05 Chrysler 5.7 300C "Hemmissy"

Catless LongTubes, Mopar Exhaust, SRT MAX Cam, 20" 3-piece Adventus AVS-4, Eibach Sportline Springs, Dipped, Painted, Tinted, Decaled
    60ft:
    1/8:
    1/4:
    1Mil:
    Top Speed:

Post Thanks / Like
    But not a predator?
    And is a wideband actually NEEDED or can you survive fine without one? Yea I know it helps for remote tuning etc etc, but do you really need it?

No, not a Predator.
    If you are swapping the cam, tuning a stroker, or adding forced induction and planning to remote tune, a wideband is a must.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Thanks Kid_Storm thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep have my AEM wideband hooked up to my Intune and i data log with it so nice!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I realize that this is a really old thread but, I am trying to do this install and have not found an answer elsewhere. Trying to figure out the wiring between the SM-AFR and the i3. Working with an "open box" of the same model that I bought from a member here. Can you tell me how the grey wire that you mention in the last step is connected? I may be missing this from my box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trunorth View Post
    I realize that this is a really old thread but, I am trying to do this install and have not found an answer elsewhere. Trying to figure out the wiring between the SM-AFR and the i3. Working with an "open box" of the same model that I bought from a member here. Can you tell me how the grey wire that you mention in the last step is connected? I may be missing this from my box.
    Looks like the little gray wire going to the bottom right corner of the plug on the plx was used for my hp tuners input. When I used for data logging diablo , that little gray wire went to the red wire on the diablo cable. The black wire on the diablo cable is going to ground. Then that wire is plugged into the headphone looking jack on the diablo. Make any sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Looks like the little gray wire going to the bottom right corner of the plug on the plx was used for my hp tuners input. When I used for data logging diablo , that little gray wire went to the red wire on the diablo cable. The black wire on the diablo cable is going to ground. Then that wire is plugged into the headphone looking jack on the diablo. Make any sense?

Yeah. I think I got it. Bottom right corner of PLX plug is 0-5V analog output. What is Diablo cable? Is it this so-called pig-tail? 5V Analog Sensor Pigtail for inTune & Trinity Tuners Gasoline and Diesel Tuning Systems | Diablosport

Post Thanks / Like

Wideband

Quote Originally Posted by trunorth View Post
    Yeah. I think I got it. Bottom right corner of PLX plug is 0-5V analog output. What is Diablo cable? Is it this so-called pig-tail? 5V Analog Sensor Pigtail for inTune & Trinity Tuners Gasoline and Diesel Tuning Systems | Diablosport
    Yes I believe so , I thought it had three wires. A ground(black) a gray and and red. Anyhow, Use the red or the gray, whichever correlates with the channel your using on the handheld. I think my red was #1.

16’ charger Scatpack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast